5 Years Into the Future.

5 Years Into the Future.

A Chapter by Brandon Lee Cochran

5 years later...

 

Looking out at the horizon, blood red and haunted by the blood that has been spilt since the day the virus took hold of our world. It still haunts me what I found at the HQ of B.O.B. We discovered how this virus came to be. B.O.B. was working with N.A.T.O. to create a biohazard weapon of mass destruction to settle the wars over seas. The tested it on many creatures and found no effect, so they got greedy with their research and started taking the homeless off of the streets and used them as test subjects. They found their strand of biohazard weaponry was very effective and critical. They virus was supposed to kill who ever it came in contact with, and it did, but they had no idea that the virus could reanimate dead cells and bring the dead back to life. The virus could only be spread by body fluids. One of the test subjects escaped one called #666. When he escaped the virus left him with a craving, a sexual craving. He found a local and raped her, B.O.B. knew this but didn't care. The female that was raped ended up dead within six hours. Her cells reanimated in three, and she carried out the disease by infecting those she came in contact with. B.O.B. was soon over run with the virus when a worker unknowingly left a vial of the virus open, it became airborne. Thats when B.O.B. and N.A.T.O. realized they lost control. We found out ourselves we didn't become infected with this airborne virus because it mutated our cells. We became faster, stronger, and smarter. I shake my head at the greed of N.A.T.O. and B.O.B. testing on the homeless, women, men, and children. I looked at my companions seeing Madi and Aaron prepping to leave our temporary camp 'till we found a strong hold. It's been five years since the breakout, and not much has changed. When the zombies ran out of humans to feed on they turned to the wild life, then eachother. Food was running short. Feasting on the undead was too much of a danger not knowing if it will kill us or not. We have seen no survivors. Now we move accross what used to be the U.S.A. now, I call it the F.U.A. Fucked Up America. ''Aaron, Madi, lets go. Dawn is here and we are wasting daylight. Today, we look for any edible food, ammunition, weapons, water, and savivors.''

Aaron spoke what we were all thinking "Savivors? F*****g A, we've been looking for five years for survivors and all we found were a s**t load of damn zombies."

I turned facing him "So, you think that if there are survivors we should just let them get their guts torn out by zombies? Let them be turned? Taste death and then come back from it to crave it, to crave blood?''

Aaron looked me straight in the eye and said "Yes, they are only trouble for us, more mouths to feed, more lives to watch."

I jumped through the air grabbing Aaron by the throught and pinning him up against the wall of our shelter. He gasped for air. "Those lives out there are not a peice of s**t to be forgotten, they are lives for f***s sake! The more people we find the better the chance that we can build up our numbers, take out the zombies, and start the world over. And your willing to let them die!? Men, women, and children!? Why don't I just impale you through and through with my blade?"

I released my grip a little allowing him to speak, but gasping for breaths between each word. "Because... you know just as well as I that no one can live out there. You'r still just upset because you lost your girlfriend, little neice, and nephew...''

The color drained from my face at the mention of them. The girl I loved so much... and my little neice and nephew I cared so much about. I brought my face closer to Aarons. "Mention her or them again and I'll be sure that I impale you to a wall to be feasted on by the living dead...'' I released my grip around his neck and he slid slowly down to the ground. He knew I didn't want to be reminded about that... Releasing my neice and nephew from the hold of the chaos that took over their once happy little selves. My eyes threatned to release the tears, I held them deep within knowing I couldn't show the sorrows that lurked deep inside my being.

Aaron looked up at me and said ''I don't know what you are anymore, man. Your eyes flashed again... You know that creeps me out...''

The mutations of the virus was the most effective on me. My eyes would occasionally flash a purple lavender color. My strength was greater than Aaron's or Madi's. I don't know what else has mutated but I know it's not done with its mutation of my body yet... I can still feel the virus ripping at my DNA changing every last strand of it... "I know, Aaron... Pick up your sniper rifle, and lets get going. I wanna make it to California by nightfall.''



© 2011 Brandon Lee Cochran


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

WOW this is mysterious, LOVE IT..

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

657 Views
1 Review
Added on July 27, 2011
Last Updated on July 30, 2011


Author

Brandon Lee Cochran
Brandon Lee Cochran

Terre Haute, IN



About
My name is Brandon Cochran, I'm a fictional writer. A lot of my writing contains vampires, demons, werewolves/lycans, or zombies. The characters in my book are based off of my friends and myself, with.. more..

Writing