Love Reborn

Love Reborn

A Chapter by Brandon Lee Cochran

''Ohmigod!!!'' I heard being shouted from the control room. I smiled slightly and threw on my armor and weapons and headed towrds the control room. When I opened the door Madi was in the corner hunched over and crying. Across from her on the other side of the control room was Brandon Losier, his eyes wide and and trembling from shock.

 

''You okay Madi?'' I asked.

 

She screamed at me ''What the hell is going on!?''

 

''What do you mean?'' I asked her.

 

''Its Losier! What the hell is he doing here! I shot him in the face and killed him the day the apocalypse broke out!'' she was crying her cheeks moist from tears.

 

I looked at her with slight smile on my face ''I know,'' I said ''and I brought him back to life for you.''

 

She looked at me, her face showing she had a question. ''How could you bring him back? He was dead. He was sent where ever the dead go when they are killed.''

 

I nodded ''Yes, and I brought him back from that place. I resorected him from the after life. Last night in your sleep you were crying out to him from a nightmare. I glimpsed what you felt and saw. And I felt that you needed him so I brought him back.''

 

She looked at me still confused ''So, hes a ghost?...''

 

''No,'' I shook my head ''He's very much alive. He has a body, flesh, mind, and soul.''

She stood shaking ''How were you able to bring him back to life from the afterlife?''

''I am no longer human, Madi. I am life and death. I'm not a necromancer; what I really am is lord of the dead. Thats why they wouldn't attack me and were fighting you. I am their leader. They are bound by death to serve me. But they fight you as they are the walking dead, rogues of the underworld. I know it's a lot to take in but it's something we'll have to talk about later. But for now you need talk to him.'' I jerked thumb back at Losier. ''Coming back from the dead is not an easy thing. He needs you. He may not seem all their now, but it'll all come back to him as time goes on. Hes weak and needs nurishment, go take him to get something to eat. He needs to build himself back up for when we reach land.'' I walked away just as Aaron and Janie got to the control room.

 

''I heard a scream, is everythi- holy s**t! It's Losier!'' Aaron stumbled back. ''How in the hell is he here? Madi poped a cap in his a*s back at home.''

 

I took my arm and guided him and Janie out of the control room and shut the door ''Let them be for now Aaron. I'll explain everything later.''

 

Later that evening we all sat down for dinner in the dining pavillian on the deck of the ship. I sat at the head of the table, Aaron and Janie sat beside each other to the right, and Madi and Losier sat to the left. The air was filled with silence and awkwardness as we sat. I stood ''Tonight we enjoy the joining company of a returning old friend, Losier. Eat, socialize, have fun, enjoy.'' and I walked away. And as I did Losier spoke for the first time that day.

 

''Thank you, Brandon.'' I stopped, not turning around to make eye contact with him or the others. ''Madi told me you brought me back from death. Thank you for letting me take part in life once more.''

 

"Your welcome.'' I said and walked away and headed for my cabin.

 

I heard the others on the deck partying and having fun, I couldn't join them for questions filled my mind. I couldn't let my thoughts ruin their enjoyment. I took of my armor and threw on a pair of swim trunks. For this being a cargo ship I had a feeling I must have belonged to a rich drug cartel or something because it was almost like a yacht and a cargo ship, which I was thankful for because their was a swimming pool a few floors below the cabins.

 

I dived in the water feeling it swallow me. When I resurfaced I took my hand moved my hair out of the way. I looked down at my reflection in the water. This immortallity has changed me a lot. My hair turned black, my physical features changed, and a surge of dark energy through my body. I felt powerful. Then the questions filled my mind again. Flooding my brain like a sunami over taking my mind.

 

If I was able to bring back Losier from plucking a memory of him from Madi's mind could I do the same by picking a memory from my mind to bring back Angel? I took my hand and raised it above my head and thought of Angel and tried to pick it out of my mind. Nothing. I couldn't do it. Anger over took me and I punched the water. There was no way I could get her back was there? Then the same thing happened with Madi and her nightmare. My instincts took over.

 

I jumped out of the pool and walked over to a hot tub that was in the corner of the swimming room. The hot tub was full of warm water. I stuck out my left arm over the hot tub. I opened my right hand and a surge of dark energy created a mall supernova in the palm of my hand. When the dark surge died down a black obsidian dagger lay in my palm. I took it and slit my wrist, not feeling pain. My blood spilled from the open cut on my wrist into the hot tob untill the water was over taken by the dark crimson rivers of my blood. The blood seemed to spread in the water turning it dark crimson, spreading like an infection there was no more blue water. The slit on my wrist then healed its self, looking as if a cut was never there. I took my hands and held them apart, electric sparks flew off the tips of my fingers licking the tips of others. The sparks continued to fly of of them until the started conecting eachother and creating a sphere electic supernova of dark purple and crimson electicity.

 

I took the sphereical supernova and stuck it in the crimson water. The supernova spun in the water making it swirl. The supernova sank into the water and made tenrals of dark purple and crismson electricity jump from the water. ''Let the Underworld give me back the love I held so dear. Let the Underworld bring back she who was so dear to me....'' My eyes began to water thinking of Angel, then a tear fell from my eye and landed into the hot tub. I backed away as it began to bubble. I blue light glowed at the center and began to take shape into a person. The electric tendrals stoped and the light faded and a body drifted in the hot tubs elixer of blood.

 

I walked towards the hot tub slowly, tears in my eyes threatening to fall. I reached out my arms and picked up a body. "Angel....'' I mumbled, then I kissed Angels forhead. I hold her cold, dripping wet, naked body close to me. I grabbed a towl and rapped it around her and sat down against a wall holding her in my arms. ''I have you back and now I'm never going to let you go....''



© 2011 Brandon Lee Cochran


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

that was epic

Posted 12 Years Ago


Fuuuuuuuuuuuudge yesh!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

481 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 5, 2011
Last Updated on November 5, 2011


Author

Brandon Lee Cochran
Brandon Lee Cochran

Terre Haute, IN



About
My name is Brandon Cochran, I'm a fictional writer. A lot of my writing contains vampires, demons, werewolves/lycans, or zombies. The characters in my book are based off of my friends and myself, with.. more..

Writing