A New Heartbeat A New Family

A New Heartbeat A New Family

A Chapter by Brandon Lee Cochran

Three months later....

 

 

 

After three months we have done so much. We created three small grottos to live in temporarly but then we began to build more complex and civilised structures. Our powers have progressed to levels that we couldn't even imagine. I've learnt to summon the dead and create beings of a dark matter. Aaron learned that he could control fire, but the way he learned it was wrather upsetting; he was helping us out in our houses and he set them to flames accidently. Madi has learned to move objects around with her mind with her recently found psychic ability. But for Janie and Losier they were not like us, they didn't mutate and grow into the immortals we are. When Aaron and Janie were married when we first got to the island I blessed her with immortallity which is either a good thing or a bad thing for her to deal with Aaron for eternity. But all the same they make eachother happy. Losier on the other hand is still an aging mortal. ''Brandon! Come here!'' I heard Aaron saying as he leaned up against a palm tree.

 

"What is it bro?'' I asked curiously.

 

"Is it just me or does Janie look like shes getting a little chubby?'' he said with a look of confusion plastered on his face.

 

I glanced over at the shore line where Janie was taking a look for some fish so we could eat. ''A little I guess, but that makes no sense. Once your blessed with immortallity you stay the same, and Janie was always skinny.''

 

"Yeah, thats why I'm puzzled.'' Aaron said with a grin.

 

''Oh well, don't worry about it bro.'' I patted him on the back and walked away.

 

Angel was on the beach looking out into the horizon. I walked over to see how she she was. ''Whats wrong babe?'' I asked her.

 

''I just wonder if there are any others out there....''

 

"If there are we'll find them and bring them here.'' I said with a slight smile on my face. She smiled back at me. I wrapped my arms around her, my hands gently gripping her stomachs side.

 

My eyes widened. A sound caught my attention. I closed my eyes and listening. Thump thump... thump thump.... A heart beat? It wasn't Angels though, this one was soft and barely heard but at the same time very close. When I finally realised what it was I looked at Angel. "Angel... your pregnant.''

 

"What?'' Angel asked with a puzzled look on her face.

 

"When I had my arms around you I heard the heart beats. Your with child, my child.''

We smiled at eachother and Angel leaned her head on my shoulder. ''Our child....'' she said smiling. I kissed her forehead.

 

''We're going to be parents.'' I said with a joy in my heart I never felt before....



© 2011 Brandon Lee Cochran


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

338 Views
Added on December 24, 2011
Last Updated on December 24, 2011


Author

Brandon Lee Cochran
Brandon Lee Cochran

Terre Haute, IN



About
My name is Brandon Cochran, I'm a fictional writer. A lot of my writing contains vampires, demons, werewolves/lycans, or zombies. The characters in my book are based off of my friends and myself, with.. more..

Writing