Pieces Of Me

Pieces Of Me

A Poem by Brandon

 

When we are children  

we say forever.

(I can remember being a small child)

Then when we grow up 

more and more. 

Often, we say never.

(And the first time I have ever felt love)

Let one throw the stone 

who claims its easy.

(I was so alone)

To see the invisible. 

To touch the intangible.

(I knew of nothing so pure)

Hollow be the name 

of the one 

I have yet to see.

(Always trying to get different perspectives)

 Every day seems to me,  

one more dream. 

Until she comes to be.

(Ill be by your side)

Of the flowers,  

tears birthed from me. 

Dew drops onto the grass, 

from the sea.


 

© 2009 Brandon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a good poem and is indeed pieces of a person. Yet I see it as two distinct poems.
Taking the whispers out, it reads as a child's thought and dreams.

Reading the whipers alone, they come across as a reflection from someone a little older who does remember the voice and yearnings of youth but who is now prepared to accept that things are different, and in seeking those different perspectives will remain by your side - even by the side of the youth that was.

Again, I may be seeing more than there is, but this is what I get from this poem.

Regardless, I liked it very much.

jen

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very true. I love the feel of this poem. imagery and rhythm are right on
Great job

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

There is a strange rhyme scheme in here but it sounds good once you find it. This might sound silly, but the whispers and rhythm sound like the ocean to me...or maybe it depends on how you read it. A favorite! :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I have to say, this is a bit different from what I have read of yors before.
I read it twice, before I found my rhythm, though in the end I'm glad I took the time.
The imagery was good and I like the seperation of the whispers.
Well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wowzers thats deep. But so insightful, it's notable! I love the parenthesis, makes a whisper louder. And the irony of your words, maybe only I can decipher?

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very good flow and I like the way you show the discovery that age brings about. Good write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A lot of thought has gone into this piece Brandon as the words in brackets give explanation to the preceding text. This is a novel idea for a poem (lol, no pun intended) Your thoughts here are true and beautiful. Your heart has much compassion and you speak of the children from two perspectives and several generations, not so much in terms of yourself (although you are in there) but you seem to have covered a few agegroups. I liked the flow of this...a nice read, thank you.
Cheers,
Helen :-)))

Posted 15 Years Ago


Thia is simply beautifully written. I enjoyed the images it invokes. Lovely piece thankyou for sharing it with me:)

Posted 15 Years Ago


I think its as graceful as your other works, I can hear your voice already, twilight color, more joyous than sad.

look at this:
And the first time I (have) ever felt love)

Posted 15 Years Ago


the middle is the part that really grabbed me. Throwing the stone, the invisible, the intangible. I don't find this simple at all.I love the complexity to it and how it weaves in and out. "one more dream, until she comes to be" your writing is always so delicious, like you can bite into it. It is so full of feeling and breath. Have I ever told you you are one of my favorite writers here? Ha, I know i have. lol

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love the simplicity and the sweetness of this... It as very tender. It reminded my of one of my favorite songs, "I'll Be Yours" by Placebo. Anyway, this was great, I especially loved the lines "Every day seems to me,/one more dream./ Until she comes to be./ (Ill be by your side)". Great work :)

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

732 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 24, 2008
Last Updated on April 10, 2009

Author

Brandon
Brandon

Oakdale, CA



About
Hey, my name is Brandon, and welcome to my page. I was born in merced California, then I moved to Germany, then to North Dakota, than to Minnesota, and recently back to the valley in California. I am .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Do you Do you

A Poem by Zatoichi