Monologue

Monologue

A Story by Breach
"

Description of current events.

"
Reality ailed him, but with each passing moment he was forced to accept it. His life did feel surreal. At such a young age he had left his family for his interests, for passions and ambitions, but those he could not yet understand. He had left his family for the search of a new, for the search of a grip on the world around him. He was hopeless in his endeavour but there was no turning back. He didn't realise that, not until it was too late, not until the journey away had already began. Now he lay staring into the darkness around him, the blackness of the night, drowning in his lonely thoughts that maybe it would be worth it at the end. It had to be. Between each blink he saw the pathway open for him to take, it was blood and bone. There, at its beginning was a skeleton of a child he recognized as his own. He possessed it while he stood outside, but once he would walk the road to his dreams, it would perish in the sands of time. There was no room for children in the world of men. Those who felt the excuse of regret would not last till sundown, but they would be necessary, to work for those who did. The harshness of the world was all he now recognized as he turned, the child never would. As he would wave goodbye in the coming days, the time would come for him to walk on. There would be no mercy on him, or rather if he embraces it, he would have no mercy on the world. He screamed into the late clear sky in attempt to wake from the monstrosity of responsibility, from the youth being snatched away, but the silence rustled no leaves. The shambles around him was the definition of the ever changing normal, it was why he got lost so often.  It was why he was not ready, but had no choice than to be. 

© 2015 Breach


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
Added on September 5, 2015
Last Updated on September 5, 2015

Author

Breach
Breach

Toronto, Canada



Writing
Fragile Fragile

A Story by Breach


Age Age

A Story by Breach


Heart-Break Heart-Break

A Story by Breach