Diligunt me et me solum

Diligunt me et me solum

A Story by Karasu Valentine
"

Melinda is a teenage girl who's father doesn't care and mother has passed on. In a chance meeting she falls for a guy who will change her life for the better.

"
Chapter 1: Melinda

It was dawn as Melinda drug her heels pass another large building. She was beyond tired and had been walking since 11 last night. Her body felt sore and all she wanted to do was pass out but she refused. She had to find somewhere safe it was to risky to just sleep here. All of the sudden she felt a hand on her shoulder and jumped. 

"Are you alright miss" a tall blonde man said. His blue eye shimmered in the morning sun as he smiled down at her. She shook her head no as her body gave way falling against him. The older man sighed softly and picked her up. He'd seen girls like this everyday in his line of work. He ever so calmly strolled back to his house with her in his arms.


He laid her down on his bed and let her rest as he changed clothes. Melinda woke up fully dressed a few minutes after her savior stepped into the shower. She walked around the cool loft dragging her hand across the wall. Just then she spotted his wallet and picked it up pulling out his ID. "Daniel Seneca" she muttered out eyes wandering over the ID in her hands. The man was 25,blonde hair blue eyes and stood at 6'0. She had never laid eyes on a more handsome man in her life. 


"It's highly rude to look threw things that do not belong to you miss" a voice said behind her causing her to drop the wallet. "S-Sorry" she whimpered out grabbing the mans items and handing it to him as she turned to see him dressed in a black tee and jeans. His hair was wet and clinging softly to his head and were his clothes.

"It's fine you didn't steal any money did you" he said with a soft chuckle she blushed and shook her head quickly. "NO SIR I'D NEVER!" she proclaimed bowing to him. "My mother raised me better then that". It was his turn to be shocked. Not only was this child showing him respect but calling him sir. Not many children did that most would steal him money,stuff and leave. 

He reached out a hand and pet her bowing head. "No need to worry I won't hurt a child not what I do" he laughed slightly as the girls eyes met his. "You know my name so what's yours I'd rather not call you miss forever or as long your around me" Melinda nodded quickly and smiled.

"Melinda Mysliwiec" she said beaming. He cocked his eyebrow slightly. "Really" he asked as though he had heard an impossible riddle. "It's Polish" she muttered out with a groan. "It means fighter my mothers polish" she mumbled. "Ahh alright. Well you can call me Dan or Danny and I'll just call you Melinda". The two shook hands eyes never dropping until he asked "So where are your parents". 

Her eyes dropped quickly and she ripped her hand away. "Moms dead. Dad doesn't give a f**k so I don't I left" she jerked away grabbed her bag and headed for the door. "WAIT!" the man shouted gripping her wrist. "The city isn't safe for a young girl stick with me I think I can get you help". Melinda's eyes widened. "NO NOT THE COPS PLEASE NO HELP NO HELP!!!" she cried out kicking him.

Daniel lunged pressing his lips onto hers. The shock set in as he sighed. "No cops but I have a friend where I work looking for a person to clean up afterwards the pay is good" he smiled as she blushed a bright red and nodded. They took a long long walk to the bad side of the city before reaching a tall black and red building. The sign outside read "Martins Playground". Melinda's eyes widened. "Martins Playground as in the one owned by mob boss Martin Lake" she gasped looking up at the man. 

"Correct" he said with a grin as they walked in. They were greeted by a tall man with brown hair. "Hey Danny ma boy who's the young meat". Daniel smirked "Her names Melinda she's knew in town you still need a clean up guy she can clean" he said motioning around to had dirty the place was. "Yeah yeah okay fine" he said looking down at the girl "You get paid every other week 600 bucks got it don't ask for more until you've shown me you got skill kid" he muttered. "Where you live". She had no response as Daniel smiled "With me".

© 2010 Karasu Valentine


Author's Note

Karasu Valentine
I hope this is better then the other one I had to redo it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

377 Views
Added on December 26, 2010
Last Updated on December 29, 2010
Tags: love, mob, funny

Author

Karasu Valentine
Karasu Valentine

Lincolnton, NC



About
I'm a 14 year old girl who loves too write. more..

Writing