World Record Attempt Fatality Laughter Extract VII

World Record Attempt Fatality Laughter Extract VII

A Story by Brett Hernan
"

Transcribed from page 282 of my notebook, this extract represents the last notes I have recorded so far as a part of this project.

"

   It is impossible for human beings as a group to quantify the entirety of what it is that they do not know. When an entity commonly known as a 'ghost' has been said to manifest, it is not uncommon for there to also occur an associated decrease in temperature, often described as chilled, or even as sub zero in range. This would make sense, since these beings are dead and are therefore composed of some material, (or as yet incomprehensibly immaterial fabric), the structure of which is reliant on an apparent absence of life, (and therefore light and heat). The true nature of ghosts may be understood by the fact that they are often historically described as wearing clothing, and sometimes period costume which is a manifestation of form wholly illogical if they exist only as only the trace remnant of a bodily life form. As further they traveled from the gallery entrance foyer, the pictures which made the exhibition were slightly altered and changed in mood and subject from bright and summery into horrifically devious and malevolent, until at last the two of them found themselves in a small foyer with two closed doors standing opposite one other with a sign above each of them reading, 'EXIT'.

   One day they woke up and knew they just could not do it anymore, and that they were not the only ones. According to www.madeupfacts.com the current black market price for a human being, (with or without life intact), ranges from anywhere between zero point zero zero and seventy billion dollars (US). Without containing the spark of life, they are often given away for free. In the future there will be installed in every switch, knob and door hinge a small electricity generating turbine. I am sorry there's nothing left down there any more, so put your foot down.

© 2019 Brett Hernan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on May 16, 2019
Last Updated on September 17, 2019

Author

Brett Hernan
Brett Hernan

Hobart, Tasmania, Australia



About
Low-resolution sample only. Born 1968. All of the images accompanying each of these written works are my own. (Except that one of the guy putting a flower into a soldier's rifle barrel!) more..

Writing