World Record Attempt Fatality Laughter Extract VIII

World Record Attempt Fatality Laughter Extract VIII

A Story by Brett Hernan
"

This is the first page in my new notebook (page 286).

"
   If not for the familiarity of the domesticated canine, many aspects of that which human beings deem 'humane' might well be characteristic qualities that just are not found to be present. It's easy to be happy when you're rich, (which doesn't explain the proliferation of murderous sociopaths who are so very prevalent within that echelon of society!) Low rumblings moving in from the left and right, making the window frames shake. Real people have a few screws holding together the plate in their arm that allows the bones beneath the scars to knit together, hobbling along with the aid of a grubby aluminum walking frame support, out the exit door of the under cover car boot sale, straining beneath the great girth of their morbid obesity, in a pink dressing gown and slippers, accompanied by the slightly handicapped grandchild they've raised from two months, into the slum food-market discount outlet, in braces, with misspelled tattoos, flakes of skin falling, with orange hair from a vain attempt at attaining more fun peroxide blonding, job gone wrong, missing, or growing, from places where it shouldn't, without a license, in a serial line of cages, that seem never to end, but which do, at the the place, where a group of workmen weld, together, the new ones, stamping unsure, on wet ground, with an overcast sky threatening rain, closing earlier than advertised, mentally impaired by tooth decay, wrinkling quickly, cuticle nail polish coated, either smiling or not but probably not, having gone too far, but never back lit or seemingly projecting from their form that ethereal and distracting light of falsehood.
   I was listening. Let me show you where the oceans used to be. Every person needs at least one friend who, upon the hearing of their inner most thoughts, replies with a 'wow!' Any contract found to be written in human blood is guaranteed to be considered a valid legal document in a court of law. They held a competition every night to see who could design the best sunset, but it just wasn't the same. It was a surprise to see that the desire to witness the real thing had disappeared after just one short generation.

© 2019 Brett Hernan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

463 Views
Added on May 27, 2019
Last Updated on September 17, 2019

Author

Brett Hernan
Brett Hernan

Hobart, Tasmania, Australia



About
Low-resolution sample only. Born 1968. All of the images accompanying each of these written works are my own. (Except that one of the guy putting a flower into a soldier's rifle barrel!) more..

Writing