Blade Of Grass

Blade Of Grass

A Poem by Victor
"

Describing Life

"

 

 

Blade Of Grass

                 By Victor Hagenbucher

 

Life seems to be a blade of grass,

It's stepped on and put down when people pass,

It thrives during beautiful times,

And browns and weakens through rough binds,

But it will cease it's descending and come back up to mend,

Yet it will sometimes bend,

It usually comes out happy when it ends,

Hope is the one great thing it sends

 

Grass

© 2008 Victor


Author's Note

Victor
Let Me Know What You Think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

And milk to after passing several udders and the dairy farm!
Excellent piece, realistic but not morbid or depressed.
I feel that is the strength of this poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

People relate life to a lot of things, but I have never heard anyone relate it to grass!

I love the poem! Short and simple but overflowing with meaning.

It is my favorite poem of yours so far.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There is a sweet innocence here that is alluring. I tend to disagree with promisekeepers comments, I really love the simplicity of it, you didn't force it, and that makes it more effective. Great Job!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this! There are a lot of comparisons to life with many thing, but this is wonderfully written and so unique. You make it work in this peice, really. Nice job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

interesting, very sweet and short kind of. i like what you chose to compare life to, not a comparision i've heard often so theres definite uniqueness to this piece. great write!!! but i'm sure you could expand on it if you wanted to, by doing that you could go into more detail about what life is about giving the poem more opportunities to connect with you and the reader.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hmm interesting write looks like the writer relly tokk some time writeing this
great write but it needs more and needs to be longer

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Indeed~ I see that life is kin to a blade of grass. I will think of grass much differently now.

I like the way you correlated these two things, your rhythm is right on key... up until the very end. One more line consisting of a word or another hopeful phrase that would make eight lines - seven seems such an odd number for a poem such as this. The reason? Because if you are rhyming� 1-2; 1-2... (Which you do excellently) then the last line is sitting there wondering 'where do I belong?' much like that blade of grass under your shoe or between your toes.

You bring hope to normal- everyday...

ALL IN ALL~ excellent work, I always love to read your poems and stories. Keep it up and make sure you send it out to people that they can read you (you may have to get more friends to send it too). Otherwise you will not get many reviews (because people do not know about it).

Take care and keep adding.

Writer Of Life




Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 26, 2008
Last Updated on February 27, 2008

Author

Victor
Victor

Tallahassee, FL



About
I'm 19 and I Love to write and never lose anything I write. I'm Half Italian & German and live in Florida of the U.S. I went to Ida Baker high school and now attend Florida State University. GO NOL.. more..

Writing