Through the eyes of a child

Through the eyes of a child

A Poem by Brokensoule
"

Instead of writing what I seen my son go through with his father I wrote this poem through his eyes. As a mother I did not need my 4 year old son to tell me how he felt I myself felt it in my soul

"
Daddy you know I love you you're my favorite person to love.
But daddy I'm so confused when push comes to shove.
you say you love me so much Daddy then why at me do you always yell?
And when you hit me Daddy do you know it hurts like hell.
Why do you call me fat and stupid Daddy when you helped make me.
When I want a hug and you push me away it hurts my heart don't you see.
When it's time for bed and you're gone I always ask mommy why and she tries not to cry.
Because she can't tell me Daddy would rather be out getting high.
wouldn't even hurt you if I suddenly were to die.
Does it even phase you daddy when my little brown eyes cry.
You promised you would never leave me Daddy I'm starting to see it's a lie.
You taught me my first word Daddy remember it was goodbye.
Don't you miss my kisses Daddy and the hugs where I would hold on so strong.
When I'm hurting Daddy where are you to ask me what's wrong?
Don't you miss my little voice Daddy telling you I love you so.
Don't you know it fills my heart with hurt when you still walk away after I beg you not to go.
Why do you leave me in a heartbeat Daddy as your son how did I fail?
You have already missed so much of my life Daddy because of Friends , drugs and jail.
Mommy tells me I'm special Daddy and the most amazing thing in her life too.
I'm starting to think she's lying daddy because if I was so amazing I be good enough for you.
I always beg mommy to call you so I can ask you to please just come home.
But she won't its like she already knows your answer Daddy we feel so alone.
why do you yell at me when I wake you up daddy all I want is a hug.
My love should be addicting to you like a drug.
To you would I be a need if I was weed don't my smile keep you high?
How can you look into my eyes Daddy and lie?
When I Grow Big Daddy I'm going to hate you for everything you put me and my mommy through.
Just remember we are not the ones who walked away from our family Daddy that was you.

© 2016 Brokensoule


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Holy crap your writing is amazing! I'm actually blown away. I wasn't expecting that, I think your writing style was unique and very, very good! Good work, I'll be sure to keep checking in and reading your stuff!

I just wrote my first screenplay, my first script, maybe could you give me some advice?? You're great. Or maybe we could work together in the future? Let me know, I'm all in. Here's the link to my script...

http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/samfths/1865804/

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Holy crap your writing is amazing! I'm actually blown away. I wasn't expecting that, I think your writing style was unique and very, very good! Good work, I'll be sure to keep checking in and reading your stuff!

I just wrote my first screenplay, my first script, maybe could you give me some advice?? You're great. Or maybe we could work together in the future? Let me know, I'm all in. Here's the link to my script...

http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/samfths/1865804/

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
1 Review
Added on December 20, 2016
Last Updated on December 20, 2016

Author

Brokensoule
Brokensoule

Forest lake , MN



About
Just a girl trying to get heard more..

Writing
Mommy Mommy

A Poem by Brokensoule