The feeling after the first date (Realistic Fairytale)

The feeling after the first date (Realistic Fairytale)

A Story by BrotherJackman

          Seconds ago, I walked slowly and with a heavy heart to the car. I pulled on the frosted over door handle of the drivers side as I stared at the skyline as the sun just barely started to lug itself upward above the horizon. I try to remember my last few hours here in this realistic fairytale. Second by second, minute by minute, the time passes by just as fast as the painted lines on the broken road as I await the moment when I reach the destination. I bow my head begging God, to make time stop, reverse, at least slow down. I open my eyes from time to time hoping that God grants me my wish, but still the land scape changes with each blink of the eye. Finally I give up the attempts to make something impossible happen and I accept the fact that I have to leave this fairytale for reality. I look over to the passenger seat, pretending that my realistic fairytale would appear, with her beautiful bright, deep, blue eyes looking back at me, with her perfect smooth hand out stretched reaching over, moving her fingers in a wave like motion showing me that she wants to hold my hand. Imagining her head leaned over on my shoulder. As my mind wanders, I can remember the smell of her perfume, and the scent of her silky blond hair. My head is dragged in and out of the clouds and I flash between reality and imagination, becasue I have to keep reminding myself, "I'm still driving". Every word she spoke, every time she broke into a smile, the sounds and images are still crystal clear. My heart still beats unsteady, as if she was still next to me. "Did it really happen? Did I really get that whole night with her to myself? Was it more than a fairytale?" All these questions rush through my head over and over. I know in my heart it was real. It was my Realistic Fairytale. 

© 2012 BrotherJackman


Author's Note

BrotherJackman
The trick is finding the one that will end your Fairytale with "Happily Ever After"

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

first of you had the misspelled word in there.. other than that it was so amazing. A simple moment alot of us don't really acknowledge was turned into a chapter. Maybe the realistic fairy tale will expand into something awesome. Looking forward to reading more from you. Keep the fairy tale going.

Posted 12 Years Ago


ha ha this is clever and interesting

Posted 12 Years Ago


aww :D
this is so sweet
100

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 14, 2012
Last Updated on October 29, 2012

Author

BrotherJackman
BrotherJackman

Seattle, WA



About
In a world of imperfection, I find that everything is perfect in its own imperfection. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


CAGED CAGED

A Poem by Cassie Fraga