So Then

So Then

A Poem by Don Shaw
"

Dealing with writers block....... it`s all in your head! Not from your SOUL!

"
                                     So Then
                      I have been
                      putting - placing
                      to much focus
                      on the word,
                      and not on the emotion,
                      being expressed with words.

                      The emotion,
                      the passion,
                      is where poetry,
                      is born.
                      ...... and the word is only a tool,
                      used,
                      to express the emotion.

© 2011 Don Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Writers block finds me placing pen to papaer and simply begining to scribble until the lines form words and the words form a sentace. I can come back later to make any since of the jumbeled mess that usually results but, alas I am not blocked anymore. Very well done here too.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nizhoni.....loved this description of why we write!
One of the most elemental tasks for humans is communication-to be acknowledged, heard, listened to. What would the world be like if we could not communicate? Everything in the universe is linked....by molecules, environment, languages, media etc. It is human nature to reach out by whatever mode is available to us.
I find writing very therapeutic!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hmm interesting goood poem to express that and say it

Posted 12 Years Ago


Words can be powerful. They can be great or they can fall upon deaf ears if not spoken clearly. You have discovered the need for emotion to back the word and you are absolutely right. The word you write... Each and every one has a purpose a meaning in which produces an image a feeling, a window to your depth. crack the window further and see what may come. This was a great place to start.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Amen to that! A good piece to help us think to be more involved in the journey of our lives and not the facade.


Posted 12 Years Ago


I agree whole heartedly :) This has to be one of the best poems on writer's block written.

Posted 12 Years Ago


yes ...exactly ..well said and typed...try a haiku or two?

Posted 12 Years Ago


So simple but yet so powerful. I like it. And this piece was definitely worth reading.

Posted 12 Years Ago


poignant

Posted 12 Years Ago


simple and sweet... the poem was very calming to read

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

524 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 13, 2011
Last Updated on October 13, 2011

Author

Don Shaw
Don Shaw

San Angelo, TX



About
I love the art of expression, be it of paint or pen, or a spoken word. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..