Room 15

Room 15

A Story by Bryce Richard

I kiss my wife goodbye as I’ll be out of town for work for a couple days. Peering through the window of the hotel room I’ll be staying at tonight and gazing up at the bright stars in the dark night sky, a knock at the door interrupts me and drags me back into reality. Curious as to who has come to visit me at such a late hour, I open the door, but no one is on the other side, just a small, black box. I hesitate, but bring it back into my room and set it onto my bed, then walk into the kitchen to grab a knife to cut the tape to see what’s inside. Inside is a small handgun, a 9mm with a silencer attachment, I examine it, and then set it carefully back into the box. The next morning I am woken up by another knock at the door, this time, a small photograph is left underneath, a man with dark brown hair and black rectangular glasses. On the back, “Room 15” is written in dark black marker. I grab a few things, and I’m off to my first day of work. I take the elevator down to the first floor, and make my way to where Room 15 is. I knock on the door. The man from the photograph opens the door, I fire the gun and the sound of a chipmunk sneezing is heard across the hotel hallway, I drag the man into his bathroom. Then call my boss to let him know the job was done.

© 2016 Bryce Richard


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great story, suspenseful and brutal.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I don't get the chipmunk part but the story is good and worth the read.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bryce Richard

7 Years Ago

Haha it was an attempt to describe how a silenced gun would sound, thank you though!
Gray

7 Years Ago

I was right then!!!! I didn't think you would say that. lol
Morning

7 Years Ago

I liked that - it made me laugh, but maybe write: "I fire the gun and hear only the sound of a chipm.. read more
Fantastic! I love the suspense you put into the story.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

285 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 22, 2016
Last Updated on May 22, 2016
Tags: Mystery, Horror, Short Story, Suspense

Author

Bryce Richard
Bryce Richard

Saint Paul, MN



About
I really enjoy writing and it's a big hobby of mine. I'm also a huge nerd when it comes to videogames and anime and such. more..