My Entrance or My End

My Entrance or My End

A Story by BrynnaW.

When you're standing at the edge of something... You don't really know what to expect. Sure, there's that nauseating feeling in the pit of your stomach as you look down but you don't realize that your feet are firmly planted on the ground. I'm a little different. I enjoy the feeling of being high in the sky, far from the eyes on onlookers. It brings me pleasure to feel the wind in my face nearly pushing me off the edge. When I peer over, I see clouds and faint little houses. How did I get so high up? I was brought here by a man in a heavy black coat. He snarled in disgust the first time he saw me... Back then, I hadn't thought much about it. I merely shrugged my shoulders and made my way through the alleys behind the shops. Two days later, however, I saw the man following me for the first time. 
My hood pulled low as I walked through the alleys. Being part of the low life and using the alleyways almost always meant that you had to deal with thugs. These thugs... Well, they'd do anything for money. I trudged past the same group as the day before, three men stroking the hair of two tramps that were smoking. Instinctively, I held my breath but the smoke began to make my eyes water. Glancing back at the cloaked man, he made some sort of hand gesture to the people. Turning my attention back to the archway in front of me, I saw that the two tramps were blocking my way. Immediately after, I felt pain all over my body. The three men laid heavy punches on me. I couldn't fight back, their grip prevented me from moving as they took turns knocking the wind out of me, cracking my jaw, and trying to give me a black eye. I doubled over as a foot crashed into my stomach, a man behind me held my arms and forced me back up. Without warning, a fist came upon my nose. Blood began to pour from my nose along with the split in my lip but I made no motion of cleaning it. Another man was about to aim a punch when the cloaked man spoke.
"Enough," he said and I was thrown to the floor.
One of the men approached him, "Where's our money?"
A knife jerked out from inside the cloaked man's sleeve; the point dug slightly into the man's neck, "Unfortunately, you will not be receiving payment. Go."
Without another look back, they left. I turned onto my back with a small groan to find the man standing over me. His boot kicked the hood from my face, exposing my bright blue eyes and short, dirt brown hair. I looked up at him, the moonlight shining over the blood covering my pale face. A small smirk lined his lips as he roughly grabbed my arm and threw me against the wall.
"You will do as you're told," he breathed into my face before grabbing my arm again, forcing me to follow.
That's how I got where I am now; standing at the ledge of this old wood bridge. I was to jump... A test of bravery and endurance. The man told me he would meet me at the bottom if I was lucky enough to live which, he said, was so very few. When I had asked what would happen if I didn't jump, he smiled grimly. I would be pushed off. I gathered my courage and peered down again. This was my entrance or my end. Wind spiked up, pulling the hood from my head and drying the blood to my face. The man watched as I tugged the hood lower beneath my eyes, his eyes burned at the back of my neck. Suddenly, as if to surprise him, I leaped into a dive while slowly moving to my back. This was it... There was no going back. It was my entrance or my end.

© 2012 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
I'll add more description later. Hope you enjoyed! It's a possible book idea. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'd read the book :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


wow whether it was you entrance or your end you sound like a tortured soul. i love it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

BrynnaW.

11 Years Ago

Thank you!!
Wow. I know i have a fetish of over- using that word but Wowsers was it good. It was really great and the end i wasn't expecting. Now this would be a great book idea along with an expansion of "The Game" great idea.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 24, 2012
Last Updated on July 24, 2012

Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.