The Wall

The Wall

A Story by BrynnaW.

     It was a wall. Just a brick wall. It stood tall and strong in front of me, not letting me pass. If I looked to the right, it seemed to go on forever. If I looked to the left, it was just as long as the right. But, this wall, when I looked up, I thought it was touching the clouds. What was behind there? What secrets could this wall have heard from the other side? I stroked the uneven bricks but they revealed nothing to me but the cold. I swung my fist at the wall and swore as my knuckles cracked. My hand was flopped around as I tried to get rid of the pain. Blood oozed from my knuckles and dropped onto my shoes. My anger boiled higher and my heart pounded louder. I screamed, I swore, and I kept kicking the stupid wall. By the end of my tirade, my shoes were worn thin and torn all around, my knuckles were bloody, my mouth felt dirty, and I sunk down against the wall and began to cry. What was this stupid wall? What person would build it? My fingers played around in the dirt and I got an idea. I dug under the wall and ended with more wall and more and more. My two foot hole was useless and a waste of time. I had more questions about the wall but then they started to focus on me. Why do I want to see the other side so badly? Why am I so angry that I would punch a solid wall? Why do I swear when the thing or place on the other side is none of my business? I should just care that this wall can protect me. What could be on the other side, good or evil, will be kept out along with its influences. This wall won't let anything in or out and in some ways that could be good or bad... Right? Still, I cried on my way home and never returned to the wall.

© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Well.. It is a little different than what I normally write... But what do you think? Is the wall preventing good or evil? Is the wall, itself, good or evil? It all depends on how you view it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are so good at describing things! I'm jealous. I loved this, again.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love it when you can be so descripitive... Even about a brick wall! But, maybe it's time to try to something different, soemthiong abit more unperculiar? Could you do that? I f you could I would be so greatful!

SecretRose **

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The wall is static but its blocking you from something, it could be something great. I think there needs to be a door in the wall, maybe there is a magic spell for that. Just kidding but this is interesting.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 20, 2011
Last Updated on June 27, 2011

Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.