My Gravestone

My Gravestone

A Story by BrynnaW.

     A gravestone at the head of a rectangular hole waits for me. I pull away but my name starts to be etched into the stone. I fight, I tug, and I cry out to no avail. The ground beneath me begins to sink around my legs so that I cannot run. I look behind and see that my birth date has already been etched into the stone. Death had begun writing the date of my death. His skeleton hands reached for me but they couldn't quite reach. I had a strong will to live but my protection slowly got weaker. The date was nearly finished and I pleaded that it would stop but Death's hand leaned over the stone and was not even an inch away from my shoulder. I pulled at the grass and dug into the dirt with my fingers. Could I not hold on for just a little longer? The gravestone, MY gravestone was complete and Death moved in front of me. His bone hand held my shoulder as his other hand pulled his hood away. I stared into his skull like face until he pushed me into the hole. I screamed as I fell. The weightlessness felt like it would kill me before I touched the dirt. I fell for what seemed like forever and then, my body hit the ground. It seemed to welcome it. I finally got peace as my soul left my lifeless body.

© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Well, we all are going to die someday so... This idea just came to me and I seized the moment to write it down. Hope you liked it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I found it to be a bit repetitive with word choice. You use reach and reached around and around death and death all in the same sentences and that might warrant a revision.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

love this story. great explaining your feelings.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this chapter. And it is true. We are all going to die someday. Though it may seem necessary it nevertheless seems also unfair.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hahaha good thing u did seize the moment, its written beautifully!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good, death can be daugniting... and scary, and you used that very well!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i love death and ur poem...its real...very real.


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A beautiful, breath taking story. You truly have talent for writing stories like this, so write more! Well done, a great story.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! This is an amazing story. It gave me cold chills all over! Great writing here! You captured me at the very start. I found myself holding my breath until the end! Keep up the awesome work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

435 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 22, 2011
Last Updated on June 27, 2011

Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Red Red

A Poem by BrynnaW.


An Archer An Archer

A Story by BrynnaW.


Restless Restless

A Story by BrynnaW.


Another Task Another Task

A Chapter by BrynnaW.