Survivor For a Worse Fate

Survivor For a Worse Fate

A Story by BrynnaW.
"

Everyone is dead but me....

"

     Everyone was dead but me. I was the only survivor and I hid myself in the trees. Tears streamed down my face as my nails dug into the tree's bark. Less than a mile away fifty or so bodies laid on the forest ground. All of them were bloody and some of them were not whole..... But, maybe I should go back a bit...

     I was dressed in my military uniform and my group was headed to the war. It was fun on the way there. We slapped some high fives and told each other that it didn't matter if we died as long as we gained back our freedom. I, myself got pumped up and nearly started to smoke a cigarette because, hey, if I died, my lungs wouldn't matter anymore. Still, I kept my hand away from it. All of the other men and women were smoking from habit or from getting excited. The car was filled with so much smoke I had to poke my head out of the window for air. My group started to sing and bump around in the car but I continued to stare out of the window. Then I saw a dark spot that seemed to get bigger even though we weren't moving towards it. I waved my hand back at my group but they continued to be loud. I strained my ears and then I barely heard a rumble. My eyes went wide with fear. Was it our jet or theirs? I yelled at our driver to stop but he couldn't hear me. Frantically, I yelled at my group and then at the driver... It was all my fault... We never should have stopped. But, when the jet came closer, I noticed that it had our label. I eased back in my chair but half of my group stared out the window with wide eyes and gaping mouths. I jumped back to the window just in time to see our jet burning down.

     Behind our jet was another one of our jets but this time we knew it was a traitor. My group yelled at the driver to get his foot on the pedal and drive but the car wouldn't move. We jumped out and saw that the jet had released two controlled missiles. My heart pounded and sweat beaded my brow. Someone from my group tried to shoot the missiles but he continually missed and then he turned to us.

     "Who is the traitor?! Who set this whole dang thing up?!" He pointed his gun at us. I noticed that I we had all left our guns in the caged box except for him. I slowly began to move away but he jerked his gun at me.

     "Was it you?! Are we all going to die because you set this up?!" He screamed at my and tightened his finger on the trigger. The missiles were so close but he wouldn't let us move. Then, my brain began to work. Why is he the only one that has a gun? Couldn't he try to figure out who is the traitor once we are all safe and out of the missiles reach? Did he purposely miss the missiles?

     "You're the traitor...." I mumbled.

     "What did you say?!"

     "I said, you're the traitor! Dude, this is suicide! Why would you let them kill us when they are going to kill you too?!"

     He didn't answer me. He moved his gun to another person that moved and I made a run for it. Behind me I could hear the missiles crashing onto the ground. My groups cries and screams haunted me. That was when I hid behind this tree. I had no better luck than the others unfortunately. In fact, my fate was worse. I was going to be captured by the enemies and tortured for information... But that is for another time.

© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
War is a sad and depressing thing. I hope you liked this.... If not well sorry. This is the longest story I have written on here so far! Reviews are appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good! Kind of had a panic attack at the beginning myself, one of my top fears is being a lone survivor. I like how this one is a little longer than your usual stuff because I get to read more of your awesome writing :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting!!!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very good, interesting story! Well done, keep writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! You did a great job portraying the misery of war! Well done. Keep on penning.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 28, 2011
Last Updated on June 28, 2011

Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


His Bow His Bow

A Story by BrynnaW.


The Dying Man The Dying Man

A Story by BrynnaW.


A Spider A Spider

A Story by BrynnaW.