Their Dirty Hands

Their Dirty Hands

A Story by BrynnaW.
"

About the children on the streets....

"
     I was walking home from work one day to see children on the streets. They were dressed in rags, their feet wore no shoes, they had blisters on their hands and feet, and they were dirty from head to toe. I walked by some and saw their eyes shining with hope. Some came up to me and pleaded with their dirty hands held out. At first, I tried to keep away from them. They grabbed onto my coat and wrapped themselves around my legs. I fell on my face and they scattered before I could yell at them. As I looked around to see where they had gone, I saw the children hiding with their heads poked around corners to see what I was going to do. My heart softened. I sat down on the dirty street and beckoned for the children to come to me. They were cautious at first but seeing that I wore a smile on my face, they came more willingly. I held each child in my arms like I was their father. A child asked for food and water so I took the chilren with me to a store. I bought what they wanted and watched them happily scarf the food down. When they finished, they thanked me continuously. The hours went by as I played with the kids but when I it was time for me to go they complained. So badly, I wanted to take them home with me but there were several of them and I had no room in my apartment. I promised the children that I would see them everyday and I hugged them goodbye. Their dirty hands waved at me everyday because, of course, I kept my promise. 

© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Well, I just got inspiration when we were driving around... I hope you liked it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very powerful, great work

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a really nice tale told in a human and honest way...we could use more people like you...especially in the inner cities...
Very descriptive and sensitive piece, Brynna
allen

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love this!!!!! :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Touching and breath-taking. A beautiful story written with great description and use of words. Well penned.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awww! This is so very touching. I wondered at first where you would go with it. Great write! Keep on penning.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 4, 2011
Last Updated on July 4, 2011

Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


His Bow His Bow

A Story by BrynnaW.


The Dying Man The Dying Man

A Story by BrynnaW.