"Neoblast x" - Chapter 2: Tren

"Neoblast x" - Chapter 2: Tren

A Chapter by Jason Bubbleo
"

After finding Neoblast X in a garbage dump, a teenage boy called Tren takes him home.

"
Tren drags the heavy Neoblast X down the street, struggling under the weight of the humanoid machine. Tren arrives at his house (which looks like an average middle class earth home but shinier), he opens his garage door and places Neoblast X in the back of the garage. Neoblast X is currently regenerating his claws at this point, Tren observes Neoblast X's self-building ability in amazement and remarks "So you can regenerate? Huh? That's pretty cool". Tren gets closer to Neoblast X and reads his name out loud, he then covers Neoblast X with a large blanket. Tren suddenly jolts up straight as he hears a shrieking voice from behind, "Tren!" snaps the voice, it's Tren's mother. Tren's mum grabs her son by the ears and drags him into the house. 
Tren throws her son on the sofa and shouts "Tren! What on earth were you thinking?", Tren hangs his head low. Tren's dad starts making a cup of tea, his wife gives him a stern look of disapproval and snaps "Now is NOT the time for tea, Danuko! Our son almost got himself killed! Don't you have anything to say?", Danuko shrugs and nervously says "Boys will be boys?". Tren speaks up "Mum, i'm sorry, okay? I won't do something that stupid again, I promise" and his mum calms down, she holds her son tight and softly says "I thought I was going to lose you". 
The next day, from his porch, Tren observes the destruction left behind. Citizens of Geartro are trying to rebuild the houses or cleaning rubble from the pavements. Tren shakes his head in disgust at what the invasion has done to his beloved city. A teenage girl robot then waves at Tren from across the road, Tren blushes and waves back, she walks up to his porch and asks him "Last night was scary, wasn't it Tren?" Tren replies with a nod and says "It was, hows your family Larka?", Larka smiles and replies happily "Thankfully they're fine. Want to go to the arcade? I hear that it's one of the only things that wasn't effected by the invasion!", Tren nods and follows Larka down the street. 
As Tren and Larka travel to the local arcade, they hear townspeople crying over lost loved ones and see children naively playing on front lawns, innocently oblivious to the post-invasion horrors around them. While walking, Larka asks Tren "Why don't you go to school anymore Tren?", Tren replies "I can't, not after what I did..." and Larka shakes her head, she comments "You can't blame yourself for that. That kid was being a dick, I would have lost my temper and smacked him if I was you!". Tren hangs his head and explains "But... I broke his wiring system, now he can't fully operate like other robots his age. I disabled someone Larka, what if I did it again?". Larka shrugs and pats Tren's back, she comfortingly says "We all make mistakes, we just have to make sure we don't make them a habit". 
Tren and Larka finally arrive at the arcade, luckily it's open and the two teenage robots begin competing against eachother at fighting games, racing games and more. Out of the blue, the ground rumbles, robots playing in the arcade start screaming and Larka grabs Tren in fear. Tren grits his teeth and angrily shouts "Why are they back so soon? They already caused enough damage last night!", he comforts Larka in his arms as the rumbling gets louder and louder. 


© 2014 Jason Bubbleo


Author's Note

Jason Bubbleo
Any opinions or thoughts are encouraged.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
Added on July 22, 2014
Last Updated on August 5, 2014
Tags: Arcade, Girl, Crush, Teenager, Games, Racing, Fighting, Street, Invasion, Horror, Parents, Family, Rubble, Survive