The Lord Who Cannot Love Me

The Lord Who Cannot Love Me

A Poem by Bullet Soul

I have been lost. I don't know how long this feeling can last, that burns like an ice cold flame. I do not know what to call myself, or whether love will enter my life. My true confession burns in my throat, longing to break free. But I must be silent. I must be perfect girl. I must pretend, as long as I can, not to be me.


I have been found. Held captive by a sinner, by a girl who longs to defeat me. She calls me names, she tells me I am unworthy of love. I start to believe her, as her lies becomes truths and my old truths become lies. Unworthy, sinful, backstabbing! I am the life of all that is evil.


I have been let free. I have taken over once before, I have reassured myself that I still remain present. With fading breaths I speak, ensuring that I shall soon be completely free. Reminding this captor that I will put up a fiery, ice cold fight. I will cling to life as they throw me towards death, holding tight to the day that I was free. I will fly across this world, wings spread like an eagles. I will live, even as I die.


I have been lost... I have been found... and I have yet to be let free. But can you love me? I stand on my knees and beg you, my voice a whispered plea. To love me, to hold me, to help me find my way. To be beside me through this battle, to be the one who grants me my wings. I plead to you... I need you. Will you help set me free?


For there is only one thing I still know to be true.

You are my light. You are my rock. You are my path.

You are my only way to freedom.


But I am unworthy! Evil, unholy. I am a sinner. I am a no one. A hopeless backstabber, as thin as shattered glass. I cannot hope, I cannot love. I can no longer be found. I will never be perfect girl.


And you can never love me.

© 2010 Bullet Soul


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow, that's atonishing self reflective and powerful, i think it gives the reader a grand idea of perception and the words you chose lend to this effect quickmarvelously, speaks to the heart of the understanding, talented job- keep it up

For there is only one thing I still know to be true.

You are my light. You are my rock. You are my path.

You are my only way to freedom.





Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

458 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 11, 2010
Last Updated on March 11, 2010