Life is rated R

Life is rated R

A Story by Burlesque
"

VERY long, and UNFINISHED. Enjoy :]

"

Firenza + Denver

Chapter 1


Firenza wasn’t looking forward to this house, just as much as the last house. She knew that they would end up dead anyway, as they always did previously… ok, maybe that was her fault. Firenza smirked at the thought. Idiotic humans. She knew that she was far from that, she had proof, though no one had been able to prove it… there was also a reason for that. She got out of the taxi cab, the only thing she had with her was a electric guitar, and a book. Yes, no clothes, no 'accessories' and such like that. People found it strange at times how she could travel with everything she owned in her hands. They also found it strange how she didn’t let them touch any of her things. The ones who did got terribly, terribly punished. She looked up, her black and red eyes rising up the black-bricked building with curiosity. Her red lip-glossed lips gave a smirk as her pale hand went up to brush some of her black and red hair away from her face. She stepped out into the dark evening with one thought on her mind. Revenge. She had it all planned out, she would run away in about six months, completely vanish, go out searching for those b******s who killed her parents and burned her house at three years old. But, that will have to be put off. She walked on, her high-heeled black boots clicking rhythmically as the knee-high boots came down. She had black stretchy pants on, a red long-sleeve top and a black vest hugging her fit perfectly. No, it wasn’t tailoring… but somewhere close. She stepped up the dark steps of the city building and knocked harshly three times on the door, no use using the doorbell.

Denver had done this many times before. Nothing new, but it was still nerve-wrecking, not to mention annoying! As Denver stared out the tinted cab window, her dirty blonde hair fell over her eyes again. She brushed it away and held her head a little higher so it would stay. The city looked dark and un-inviting. Typical. She spotted the building and asked the driver to pull over. She opened the yellow door and took her things from the trunk. An acoustic guitar and pic. Nothing else. Those were the only two things that mattered to her in life, so she didn't bother to bring clothes or food. She would just put on her 'cute face' and have her new family buy her everything. When she got close enough, she thought she saw a human figure standing on the top step. Her trench coat moved as she walked, covering her skull tee and jeans. She reluctantly made her way to the top step. She didn't dare look to her right at the girl, but instead knocked on the door. She looked down at her very worn boots, this time letting her hair fall, afraid and trying to hide herself. Hopefully, she would be able to make a run for it in a few days…maybe live on her own for a while. Ok…wait. Bad idea. She didn't want someone to stalk her and kill her in the middle of the night. She had no idea what she was in for. S**t.

The two stood there as they waited for their new 'parents' to come to the door. The black, iron door at that. This was going to be...interesting. The two listened as the lock unlocked, there was a large bang, then a 'be right there!'. A woman's voice. Great, they were the smarter of the two races, why couldn’t there just be a man. They heard the door open, and saw a petite lady, about 40, stepped out with a big cheesy grin on her face. Her brown and gray curly hair had a bit of frizz, her big black eyes glaring at the two girls with an interest with her knew adopted children. She scanned Denver with a smile, but once her eyes dragged to Firenza's punk form, it darkened. Because Firenza wasn’t wearing a smile, wasn’t hiding her eyes, was staring flat out, a mad smirk on her face and eyes burning into the lady's face. She stuttered a little then replied with an articulate answer "Come on in." she motioned with her hand inside. It didn't look much better then the outside. It was much much worse for the girls. Between a Goth and a punk, 1920's classic didn't work. At this point, living under a tree in a rainstorm would be better! The lady then added, "Don't be shy." increasing the awkwardness the girls felt. They just stood there, just about ready to scream. The woman grew tired of waiting. "Now." she glared and stomped her foot. At this point, they may as well have been sent to catholic school. 

Firenza didn’t really want to look over at the other girl, there was no need, she already knew how the girl looked. Peripheral vision helped with that. She stood staring and comparing the woman. That was why she didn’t move. She was measuring the power in this little thing, her destiny's life time, and how much power could she seep out of her before dinner. Cue polite laughter. Firenza smiled kindly as the woman got mad, seeping power like an irritated grizzly bear. This was, definitely, going to be interesting. She sighed, then stepped inside, careful to avoid the white rug set at the door for stepping, and continued her walk down the small strip of hallway until she got to the den, she sensed a human force from inside, hoping it would be a neighbor and he could conveniently have a little snack before dinner. Because Firenza didn’t eat any dinner, in all her life, she didn’t drink anything, swallow any solid food, or accept any candy from the freaked out nurses at the foster school. She lived on something more efficient for her part. Firenza smiled a little wider, yet a bit more mockingly nice as she stopped in front of the red and gold den and looked at a couch with someone overly-eager to meet her. A bleach-blonde dude sat there, his charming, not-effecting (not really), blue eyes looking in her direction. Firenza stepped to the side a hand on her hip and a flirty smirk on her face. On, this would be a very, very interesting, 6'2'' snack... Firenza winked at the boy as she felt his power seep faster, then calmed down and absorbed it. Her eyes gaining a more relaxed look to them. She hadn’t seeped this much power since her last owner got a tank full of fishes. Very, big, fishes. Firenza glared at the back of Denver's head as she walked towards the nineteen-year old. She watched Denver as she tried flirting with the guy. Firenza rolled her eyes as she walked by to stand behind the two of them and watch the news, eager to find out whether there was any news on fires, deadly type of fires that aren’t easily stopped. There was none, she was stuck watching the weather for a second until the woman came in. "Girls, why don’t you go upstairs and get yourself ready for dinner", she said with a glare. Firenza sighed exaggerating, as she smirked and moved past the woman, making her become glued to the wall as Firenza past. Firenza's image seemed inviting for people, even her scent seemed inviting for people, yet when her foster mother realized what was happening to her, she had backed away into the corner and watched Firenza as she passed, guitar hanging from her shoulder, still carrying that book.

The two stood and walked towards the steps, then climbed the staircase, stood standing in a circle-shaped hallway. Three doors were closed, two were open, a bathroom and a bedroom. Firenza's eyes grew wide with rage. They were sharing rooms? The two stepped forward and into a medium-sized room, a bunk-bed on one side, a large two-person desk across the bed, a couch across the door, facing the wall which had a small fireplace, a TV raised above the fireplace, and bookcases framing the wall. Next to the filled bookcases stood two glass open doors, a terrace stood elegantly. The temperature outside was hot, as it was every day in California, so there was no need of closed doors. Except the front door of course.

Denver examined the room with great care. She felt like puking. This whole 'classical' thing was so horrible. She instantly claimed the top bunk. If Firenza wanted to leave, Denver thought it would be much easier to escape without having to climb down  a ladder. She sighed heavily, knowing she would probably regret it later. "You play?" She asked, looking from Firenza's electric to her acoustic. She left her guitar on the mattress and jumped off the ladder, walking toward the glass door. "I wish I brought some paint. This room is horrible." She turned to Firenza again. "Then again, I could always use it to paint over you." Why did she just say that? Too late now. Half of her still wanted a meal, and the other half was already in tears, missing mommy. Denver looked around again. She thought she over-looked something. Where was the bathroom? She really had to go, plus the puking thing was starting to sound better and better. Denver walked out the door and towards the bathroom.

Firenza rolled her eyes and placed her electric guitar in a magically encased box that apparently popped out of no where to land on the bottom bunk. A black, spooky-looking box covered in quills that a normal person would find hard to get through. She placed it gently under the bed after she locked it, then put her book into a case hanging around her shoulder that previously was attached to her guitar. That book wasn’t going anywhere near anyone but herself. Firenza glared at Denver, and almost hissed as she replied. Firenza was thinking of being nice, but she changed her mind quite quickly. She finally faced the girl, letting her see her bright red with black eyes and the mad smirk she held. As Denver left the room Firenza's face turned ice-cold, trying to hold her extreme urge to walk over to that measly little brat and suck the life right out of her. Firenza brushed the thought away, she would do that on leaving day, which now sounded like it was going to be in a week or so… Firenza blinked a strong blink, then when she opened her eyes the room was tricked out with black and reds, except the top bunk which was bright pink and white. Revenge was sweet when you were a witch. Firenza walked over to the red and black bean-bag sitting on the second level of their newly-renovated room, switched the TV on and flipped quickly to the news, sped up the program so that she saw the whole day of planned film in about a minute. She frowned as she turned the TV back off and stood up, the red curtains giving an eerie look in the purely punk and Goth room. Firenza, still having her cold glare brushed her hands lightly on her pants. She was hungry, irritated, and ready to murder someone very very quickly.

Denver walked back into the room, smiled kindly at Firenza, as there new "mother" called out to them, ' Dinner!!!' Denver felt a chill run through the room. Before the girls knew it, the lady was standing in the doorway, staring in awe at the room. Asking what had happened would obviously be a bad idea. Instead, she grabbed both girls by the wrist and surprisingly, dragged them down a good part of the hallway. Maybe beating her up wouldn't be as easy as they planned. "I hope you like corn chowder! If you don't we always have mac and cheese in the pantry. Of course though, the cheese is vegan." For once, Firenza and Denver both agreed. This lady had to go. Now. Firenza even reached out with her other arm to strangle the woman. Dinner would defiantly be the highlight of the WEEK. The girls exchanged glances, both ready to kill. And probably destroy most of the city afterwards. They both walked down trying to find a good way of killing her, torturing her, or killing her very slowly, one step at a time. They were met by a very strong scent of despair by a growing guy, and a strong depressing scent of corn chowder. They walked downstairs in silent agony as they approached the kitchen. They took their seats. Just as Firenza was about give up and fly out the door, the woman said something that was extremely disturbing to her, specific, mind. "Dear, give me that book you keep with you, it's rude, mind your manners". With that, Firenza burst into laughter, she was about to scream "TRY AND TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME!!..." but reconsidered. She realized her evil laughter was enough to convince that woman to shut the trap before it shut on her. "Common dearie hand me the book or we cant keep eating", she said, with a smirk Firenza sat contently, her facial features slowly turning into a smile. Like her old foster parent used to say, 'Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to'. Firenza spoke for the first time in the whole 15 minutes "good."  The lady sighed and walked up behind Firenza, reaching for the book… Denver grabbed her hand and spoke kindly. "I really wouldn't do that if I were you." But the lady went for the book anyway, but just couldn't seem to get a grip on it. Firenza spun around, eyes flaming with anger. She glared and now hated this woman with a passion. Denver giggled quietly to herself. Suddenly, the room was quiet. Firenza had a large bowl of crap…whatever it was in her hand. This would not end well. World war 3 began. The lady's face was now flushed with irritation. "Eat it now. If you are going to act like a child, then I will treat you like a child." She grabbed Firenza's spoon and tried feeding her. Firenza pretended to eat it, but before she could say "all done', the corn chowder was up on the ceiling, but that crazy woman didn't notice. "In words of you; good." She went back to the other side of the table and sat down. Denver looked up, smirked, and then looked at Firenza. Something was fishy. The lady opened her mouth to say grace, but as she did, the chowder fell onto her face. Firenza was now happy. Denver gave her a high-five under the table. The lady removed the bowl from her face. She looked to her son, who was laughing his a*s off. Which of course, was contagious. Firenza and Denver joined him in laughter. The lady stood up and yelled for the first time. "All of you! Rooms, NOW!" Firenza and Denver happily ran up to their room. The door slammed so hard with joy, that the house shook. The boy rolled his eyes at his mom and climbed the steps silently.

Firenza gave a delighted little sigh and grabbed her guitar from under the bed. "Im leavin sis" she said with a glad little giggle as she slipped the guitar over her shoulder, and with one massive just, stood on the metal on the wall separating open air and the balcony. "Adios, Sayonara, and all that s**t, I need a decent meal, and I don’t plan on bulging any more food." With an honest, once-in-a-year smile, she gave a wave, then as she got ready to fall, or jump, the door began to open, and the boy stepped through. He stood there, staring at Firenza's pale hypnotic figure kneeling on the metal bar with the elegance of a dove. Firenza watched as the boy had an adrenaline rush and seeped out the most power he did today. She happily accepted it, even smirked to increase the amount of seeping power. "I'll tell mom that you ran away the moment you do" he said. Before Firenza could reply to that, he said "Unless of course you kiss me". Firenza gave a little giggle, hopped off the balcony, glided towards him, stood, put a finger at his chest, smiled as he leaned over, the moment their lips touched, her finger gave a spark and he fell backwards with a muffled thump on the bed. "Poor kid,” said Firenza with a smirk as she leaned over the body, biting down at the neck, feeling the very appreciated warm liquid stream down her throat in a haste. In about five seconds, the body was drained, as she always left it, no blood dripped, so technically it just looked like one long kiss, except for the fact that Firenza seemed more alive, and he didn’t. Another thing, Firenza was smiling, for the first time, with her pearly white teeth showing, now pink, and with fangs. "Just like old times" she said as she licked her teeth, her eyes seems brighter and her skin, replenished with beauty. "You can still eat the meat, bobcat" Firenza, with a swagger she was back on her bar, stting this time. "After you're done, we'll talk, I can’t have you spreading things" she said as she swung her feet back and forth.

Denver couldn't help but laugh as the boy died. "He deserved it. Perv." She stood over the body smiling. He really needed an attitude adjustment. She stared at the body for a few seconds, debating whether or not he would be a good meal. But after the corn crap, anything was good. "Sis? Bobcat? Did you hurt yourself or something?" She giggled and nodded. Watching Firenza feed was interesting, but this would be better. Denver turned within seconds, white, gray, and black fur lining her body. She quickly indulged on his body, needing the nutrients. Let's make one thing clear. Werewolves only eat meat. I'm sure I've said that before. Oh yeah, werewolves are not the hideous cross breed you see in Harry Potter. As soon as the body was gone, Denver began licking her paws to get rid of those stray pieces of fat. She turned to Firenza, "So, where exactly are we gonna go now?" They couldn't stay here after they killed and ate the boy. Denver felt an urge, she scurried out of the room before Firenza could answer, and into the bathroom where she changed back to human, and changed back into her clothes. Being nude in front of Firenza would be….awkward. Once changed, Denver walked back into the bedroom. "As I was saying… where to?" Personally, Denver would rather kill the mother, then deck out the apartment. Denver was never really confident in going off on her own. That's why changing foster homes was such a big deal to her. As Firenza sat on the balcony bar, Denver took her guitar and pic from her bunk and walked out into the heat and stood next to Firenza.

Firenza watched as she turned into the white wolf, it was interesting to watch a werewolf turn, she had never seen it before, quite amusing. She blinked once and watched the room turn back to normal, deleting the only proof that they had been there at all. She looked at Denver as she walked back into the room. Then sighed and began to think about areas, they had to go, and go fast, very fast. "How bout somewhere dark, rainy and mucky… ha ha, just kidding, you wouldn’t be able to survive. I was thinking about New York actually, too many supernaturals to count.” There was another reason she didn’t want to admit, the burner and killer was supposed to be living there, from her source's information that is. She smiled at Denver, winked, then gave a little motion so she would follow Firenza. "we'll be running for a while, tell me if you feel tired" said Firenza, and with that, fell backwards, only to do a back-flip and land quietly on two feet on the ground, running down the street quietly in her newly changed black sneakers at 80 miles an hour.

Denver swung her guitar on her back and jumped off the balcony head first. She landed slowly and quietly. Plus, as a bonus, she stole a nice pair of sneakers from the boy's room. She followed Firenza in total silence. If someone heard them, they would be dead. Denver was a bit slower, but caught up sooner then expected and they were off to New York. And at 80 mph, they would (hopefully) be there in no time. But again, that was just a hunch...


Firenza + Denver

Chapter 2



Firenza gave a sigh of relief as they came upon the city, it’s been three days filled with non-stop running and feeding every now and them. She had to admit, the two made a good team. They would finish one human off every day, and then be happy for the rest of the day until night. They slept none, but were soon so drowsy that they could barely stand straight without thinking of sleep. Firenza gave a nice smile as she plumped back on the bed in the hotel room they rented with a small part of Firenza’s bizarrely large bank account. She didn’t even bother getting under the covers, she just fell backwards and was asleep, just like that, out cold, taking up exactly half of the bed. But before she fell into unconsciousness, she made sure the room was their usual punk-Goth rooms. She also didn’t forget the pink and white side of the bed. She wasn’t giving up on those things that easily. 

Denver sighed and rolled her eyes as her side of the bed appeared pink and white. She would live. Sleeping was of her best interest right now, but Denver couldn’t sleep quite yet. She took her guitar from her back and placed it in her lap. The guitar was the best of its kind, carved by hand. It had her name engraved on the side too. She tuned it quickly and played for a good ten minutes. Followed by a minute of sobbing as well. Denver pulled herself up and locked the door as she always would. She was so tired; she fainted, right then and there, into the world of dreams. Or nightmares. Whichever happened first.

Firenza woke up about twelve hours later hungry as a monster. So immediately, she vanished, she couldn’t wait for Denver to wake up to go hunting; she was too hungry for that. No. She was too starving for that, any more time between her and her meal would he fatal to whoever stood in her way, and personally, she didn’t want to mess up with her acquaintance, the werewolf. She quickly finished off a hobo in an alleyway, and then walked calmly towards her hotel room. Today, she was wearing skin-tight dark-blue jeans, her black coach sneakers, and a black fuzzy jacket over a red T-shirt with a belt around her waist, which held her book. As she walked the two minutes back ‘home’, she thought about where they could find the killer. But before she thought that, she thought about the fact that she needed to meet another immortal that knew about her and could explain what had happened to her all these years and the reason she was able to so much more then just vampires, and so much more then a simple witch. For some reason, it didn’t come to her mind that a witch and a vampire could’ve come together one day and discussed the life of their baby girl. She walked into the hotel room, then slipped her black book out of it’s case, flipped it open onto the table, then began writing with her eyes closed and a feather quill that just appeared in her hand in an ancient language not known to humans, vampires, or werewolves, only witches and wizards. After she finished writing, she opened her eyes to look at what she had written. She smiled as she read the passage. This was going to be interesting, she said the spell, then watched as a statue of a fire dragon appeared in her hand, then a fire phoenix, then a fire flower, then a candle, lamp, lantern, firefly, unicorn, laptop, guitar, and finally, a face which she kept glowing for more then a few seconds, a face of a lover she had had in the past. She let a drop of red slip down her face, but stopped the magic and wiped the drop of blood with a tissue before it would burn the jeans.

Denver woke up, still by the door, while Firenza was experimenting with her spells. “What are you doing?” She glanced at the face quickly, and watched as Firenza cried a tear of blood. No one knew what they constantly had to deal with, switching from foster home to foster home trying to figure out their lives. Denver stood up and walked over to Firenza. “You ok?” She asked, with a gentle touch in her voice. Then, right in the middle of drama, Denver’s stomach growled. “Oh come on!” Denver had no other clothes, so she unlocked the door and stood in the way. “I should be back soon.” And with that, Denver was out looking for a meal. She stalked a drunk man for about a minute and took him down even faster. On the way back to the hotel, while the wolf was walking down an ally, she saw a wanted poster. It looked really old. She grabbed it in her jaws and ran back to the hotel. She scared a lot of guests coming in, but she didn’t have time to change. When she got in the hotel room, she dropped the poster by Firenza’s feet and ran into the bathroom. Bad move on her part. Denver changed back into her clothes, and walked back into the main part of the room. “hee… before you do anything else….you may want to wipe the hotel guest’s memories….”

Firenza blinked once. “it’s done” she said with a sigh “though, please, next time, don’t make me use my skills more then necessary… we might need them for something more serious then that”. Firenza hissed lightly as she looked over the wanted poster, then suddenly burst out in hysterical laughter, she laughed so hard she fell of the chair she was sitting in. She gave one last giggle, then a sigh “wow,” she said with a genuine smile as she put the poster on the carpet, looking at the two girls’ ‘pictures’. On the picture was two teenagers, their eyes and hair perfect, Denver looking down a little, Firenza with a smirk on her face. The same smirk that had been born into the lady as a remembrance of her face. Firenza said a spell, and then the poster turned into a video screen, on it was two men wearing trench coats, moving fast to post the wanted posters everywhere. Firenza shook her head lightly and then froze as she spotted an eye of one of the men, it was golden. She coked, then jumped so high she almost hit the ceiling. She hissed at the top of her lungs as the mirage slipped away and she sat pressed up against the wall, hyperventilating, as if the paper was a silver knife waiting to strike. “it’s him…” she hissed in the strangest most frightening voice. Her eyes turned blood red as her rage grew, and then slowly quieted down, her eyes turning back into red and black. She took a deep sigh, then got over it and stood up, took one long blink, then grabbed her guitar from it’s resting place on her chest, she began strumming a lullaby-type song which was quite sad. Her outfit slowly changed into black jeans the fit her body, a cropped leather jacket, a red T-shirt and black knee-sized high-heeled boots. She was ready for a concert, and maybe her last concert, but she had to finish it, to finish her ‘to-do’ list before the government went after one of the only un-noticed hybrid left in the world. 

Well, by Firenza’s reaction, there was defiantly a problem. Which meant more problems for Denver as well. Denver really wanted to leave Firenza and get on with her life, but she just couldn’t. that would be wrong. Plus, the truth was, Firenza really wasn’t that bad. Denver shivered at the term 'him'. Usually, when girls knew someone who was a guy that they had issues with, they referred to that guy as 'him'. That was the polite thing to do. Personally, Denver liked the other way better. Calling men a*s-holes was much more fun and to the point. Denver blinked hard, recovering from her little moment there. “Firenza, what’s going on? This bobcat is getting confused.” Denver spaced for a second thinking. She was off in her own little world again. “Did you ever think…”she blanked the last part of the sentence. She watched as Firenza prepared to do whatever she was about to do. Watching her was better than cable. The song was sad and smooth, very good for an electric. It reminded Denver of something she once heard, but she would have to listen to more another time. At this point, Denver would have changed, but these were the only articles of clothing she had. It would have to do though. Which led her to wonder, when she turned into a werewolf, where did her clothes go, and when she turned back, why did they end up in her hand? Man, she really needed to stay focused. But she couldn't because she had no idea what was going on!!!

 Firenza gained a very determined look, her tiger-like glare growing stronger. She was ready for anything, and she was going to make sure that nothing slipped, she would make sure there was no traces… she was now responsible for the both of them, since she got Denver into this is the first place. Firenza walked to the door with her heart huddled and hurting. He wouldn’t get the best of her this time. That good for nothing traitor, or spy, either fit him. They used to be together, but she moved away once she found out that he was a hunter and was spying on her for information. That was her second love and she quickly lost her trust to guys all together after him. She really thought that they had a connection, but when he showed up at her bedroom mirror with a tranquilizer gun, she escaped just in time. Oh yes, she had already had her revenge… was he coming back for more? She hoped not, he, of all people, should know not to go back to chase Firenza after her trust is broken. She came down the stairs as agile as a cat out of instinct. She didn’t bother to look behind her since she knew that Denver was following. She came to the front desk, gave the employee the key and watched him as he nodded and shakily signed them out of the hotel. She strung a quiet tune as she walked towards the front door. She was basically practicing for her concert. She stepped out into the spring air, put her hand on a tree, sent an electric shock through it and felt it travel down and towards her band members. She kept her hand there until she felt three shocks return back into her hand, they got the message. At least she’d have the advantage, a werewolf, and three vampires with minor powers was a good start, and the two hunters would be extremely overpowered with her and her four members. Surprise! On how Firenza liked surprising others. That brought a big smirk onto her red lip glossed lips.

Denver stared at Firenza, this was… interesting. Or something like that. She shrugged and walked out behind Firenza. She didn’t bother closing the door, she could sence the maid coming soon anyway. She couldn’t keep up with Firenza. And since she wasn’t speaking, all the different glares and stares were getting a bit odd. Not to mention scary. Looks like they might have another meal today. Denver watched oh so carefully as Firenza stood by the tree. “Uh…I never saw you as the nature type. No offense.” She added, trying to save her butt from more pink. Denver waited for Firenza to hurry, but soon lost patience. “OK. I have NO IDEA what you are doing, but if we are leaving we need to go NOW!!” She sighed and started walking closer to the end of the hotel parking lot. Firenza was defiantly not normal, but neither was she. Firenza had a lot of inner power, different from power she had seen before. Maybe, Denver thought, there were more of them. She would find out. Like I said, this was interesting.

Firenza turned to Denver with a small evil chuckle. She had a feeling her coven of vampires wouldn’t enjoy her presence as much as she did. And that was saying a lot since Firenza herself wasn’t really enjoying the werewolf’s company. She had too many questions, god, what a naïve pup. Firenza smiled lightly “You guessed right, I’m not the nature type, I’m just calling my buddies” she said with a small polite, yet evil smile. “and by the way, they don’t like dogs, so mind your manners and stay at a distance… I prefer you stay close to me, if we get separated, you might as well just throw yourself off a cliff…” she said with a sigh. She waited for a second until she heard a whoosh of air, then turned to the cloaked figures next to her. “put down your cloaks men,” she said with a smile. They did, one had startling silver hair, his eyes grey as well, but a deeper grey, closer to black. The next man, or vampire, had pitch black hair and the same color eyes, had a strange expression on his face which closely resembled what Firenza warned her about, and the last vamp had an angel appearance, quite laughed at a lot by Firenza, his blonde hair and blue eyes made him seem a bit more innocent then his likings. “Denver, this is Dante, Arion and Alexander.” She said. Firenza heard Arion hiss then mumble dog with a strong french accent. Dante rolled his eyes at Arion, and Alexander stepped up and did a dignified small bow, though it was clearly forced. “please, call me Zander” he said as he raised his eyebrow at Firenza, since when did she call him Alexander? Firenza shrugged and sighed as she stood next to Arion and tightly slung her arm around his waist, making sure he wasn’t getting anywhere close to Denver. “alright, now lets get a move on” she said merrily as she walked down the street at a fast place, the three trench cloaked guys shed the trench coats to reveal their band outfits, simple ripped jeans and tees, and walked along, Zander falling behind to walk next to Denver.

Denver felt a chill race through her as the vampires appeared before her. She didn’t care for them that much either. And that was the polite way of saying it. Dante and Arion looked normal to her, at least for vampires. Zander though… no. How was he a vampire? She shot a look to Firenza. It looked as if she was in pain. “The cliff option is looking better and better…” she mumbled to herself. She somehow managed to smile. “Nice to meet you.” She said, grinding her teeth. God, this would not end well. Her werewolf instinct was getting to her. Couldn’t she just eat them? No. Denver had to deal with it until she and Fire didn’t have these creeps on their butts. “Finally.” Denver dragged her feet slowly, sighing in relief, as Firenza held Arion back. She looked down, walking, trying her hardest not to get distracted again, especially since Zander was walking beside her. Um… awkward much? She walked in pure silence. Zander was very confusing to her. He was a vampire, but he truly didn’t seem like it. Attitude, and looks defiantly didn’t fit. He seemed nice, but she was still weary of him. But a lot less then she was of the others. She guessed that the ‘dark, evil’ look was just a stereotype. Like how werewolves were huge, ugly crossbreeds. No. They looked like regular wolves. “So…” Denver finally spoke and looked in Zander’s direction quickly, and then looked forward.

Firenza, Arion, Dante, Denver and Zander quickly walked towards the club, drawing in the eyes of innocent humans. Of course, whisperings of their presence were obvious, though they knew that that four of these companions were part of a world famous band, they never needed bodyguards since the fans wouldn’t dare approach anyone but Firenza, and even that usually was a stretch. Of course, people loved their music though, some tunes and beats would’ve been impossible for humans to make that they did, and many took inspiration. Zander looked at Denver as he heard her voice, then looked ack up at Arion with a jealous glare, the green-eyes monster was back, as it always came when he was around Firenza, or when she was with another man, feeding, or holding back, which were usually the only things she did with them, unless she decided to throw them over a wall of course… Zander gave a small smile, he had always liked Firenza, he had always considered him as a brother, just like the rest of her coven, but he always thought it was something more, although he knew how she felt, it was expressed when he tried to fight against Firenza and Erik being together, of course, he was the one that healed Firenza’s wounds after the breakup, and he was sure that he had gained respect and trust from her, but probably nothing more. They walked into the club, hearing many whistles and woots, then slipped backstage and got tuned before they came out. The three guys noticed a dark expression that was worn on Firenza’s face… something was wrong. Zander decided not to ask Denver about it, vampires had strong hearing, and if the question hit Firenza’s chord, he could easily get a scar.

Firenza tuned her guitar, not like it needed some tuning, but she had nothing else to do, and besides, she saw someone’s golden hair as she walked through the crowd sitting at a table, and she seriously wanted to strangle that one, oh no, this time, Mr. Tranquilizer didn’t have his weapon, and his golden dazzling eyes to mark Firenza. Firenza looked at her band members as Arion went to the drums and Zander to the keyboard, Dante taking his guitar out of it’s shoulder holding and tuning it. She looked to Denver “You can play too, just follow our tune, try  to catch my electric’s notes and play melody.” She gave a sort of head c**k to express that she wanted Denver over by the microphone, the other side of where Dante was standing. Firenza stood in the center of both of them, her hands on her guitar, her face close to the microphone. “Trust, and on the count of three.”

Denver scoffed at Zander. So, he was jealous. “Don’t worry.” She smiled, not exactly sure why, but she could tell that Zander would be easiest to talk to. Which would be nice after this was over. Denver glanced back at her guitar case, hanging on her shoulders. She took out her guitar, leaving the nylon case on the floor. She tuned it so it would fit in better. She would hate to stick out like a soar thumb, even though she probably already did. “Sure. Why not.” She weakly smiled at Firenza. She wasn’t about to hang around back-stage alone, in a crazy club, while Firenza and her friends probably beat the s**t out of people… She took her place, and shot a nervous look to Zander. She wasn’t sure if she could do this, but would have to for Firenza and she didn’t want Firenza to think she was afraid. She sighed and took a breath and nodded. She hoped she would catch on quick.

Firenza, Denver and their band members began to play, firenza’s lyrics flowing out of her mouth like a river, she was used o these set ups, the audience clapping and dancing in rhythm to their playing. The song was about a lover that had betrayed her, she was looking straight out at the man in the black trench coat, his figure and hair hidden in his coat, but his fierce golden eyes shining defensively as she sang. She ended the song with the usual lyrics, but it truly hit a chord with the man. Denver went through the notes perfectly, playing in melody to Firenza’s guitar, and harmony to Dante’s guitar. Her acoustic guitar added a soft edge to the song and made it that more enjoyable.

Firenza saw Erik close his eyes and dip his head, her words were ‘lovers are forever’, and they certainly meant a lot. The reason that strung a note was because they were so close that the day before the tranquilizer, Erik had agreed to become a vampire, a big decision wouldn’t you think. As Firenza and the band members strung their last note, the crowd exploded in claps as they continued to dance. The man in the coat sitting another man in a trench coat were the odd ones out, the only ones sitting, the only ones not merry and dancing to the new DJ’s mix. The curtain closed and Firenza put her guitar over her shoulder again, her book still on  her belt, though it was the size of a beeper, she was sure Erik had seen it. He always notices the most urgent things, this was urgent because since she had broke up him, she had gained the dark arts, and a black book with a red rose was the first sign of just that. Firenza blinked, trench coats appeared on all the band member’s shoulders, including Denver’s and her own. She came down the stairs and towards the backdoor, she was sure that two not invited visitors were waiting for them there. 

Denver sighed deeply in relief, literally, as soon as they finished. Wow. What a night. She was about ready to faint. Between the screaming and playing and the problem they had been faced with, all her strength was gone. She was probably just over reacting. Again. But hey, that’s Denver for you. She smiled at the apperence of trench coats. But the thought struck her fast. They were leaving already. Everyone confused her, but if Firenza would explain things a bit more, life would be sooo much easier.

Firenza walked out the door, her fierce eyes, in spite of the masking rage, a certain sadness and misery lied behind them. Firenza walked forward, then stopped two feet from the door, about five feet away were the two men, one quite obvious, Erik, the other still undercover. She heard Arion, Dante and Zander step up, and a dead silence flowing through the place before a strong rumble of anger passed through all of them. All three men were hissing and growling at Erik, Zander most of all, his body positioned not six inches away from Firenza’s. “Erik”, said Firenza with a cold, blank voice, quite creepy if you ask me. Everything went quiet, even Zander, which had started to back away lightly to Denver’s side. “Firenza” they heard coming from Erik’s mouth as he flipped back his hood, his bright dazzling golden eyes and curly golden hair standing out. He was handsome, no question on why Firenza had chosen him as a partner, even for a short while. “reason for your honorary appearance?” she asked as she flipped her own hood back, her black and red eyes sending Erik a few inches back. “What the f**k Fire, what did you do?” he yelled, he had remembered her dark red eyes which had now turned into bright red by the pupils and jet black by the white part. “You know I don’t like to repeat things honey”, said Firenza with rich mockery. “we have come to take you to the government, they require your trial and reason for the disappearance of Ms. Hawk’s child” he said, his hand slipping into his pocket “by force if needed” he said as he took out a gun. Firenza shook her head with laughter, her black and red hair sparkling with magic, my my, what a nice fill she was gaining from a building full of moving bodies. “no”, she said with a smile as she watched him and his ‘friend’ hit the wall of the alley way which they had came into from the back door. She flinched lightly as she saw Erik’s limp body slip down the brick wall and onto the floor in a sitting position. His gun floated into her hand and into her pocket. She walked up to Erik and the man who was out cold, smiling as Erik hissed in pain as he leaned against the wall, his eyes slowly opening, his breath coming out in gasps. “cheers for lovers” she said as she gave him a hard slap across his face, how she urged to do that. She walked by dignified as bloody Erik was left with his friend in the corner of the alley to pick himself up. The vampires quickely followed Firenza, Zander’s eyes digging into Erik’s very skin. Arion spit in front of Erik as he moved, Erik moaned in complaint as he leaned back and closed his eyes as they vanished behind the corner.


Firenza + Denver

Chapter 3


As soon as they left Erik, Denver understood. So that’s what Firenza was so freaked out by. She still had a few lingering thoughts of confusion, but not all of them had to do with Erik. She should have known though. Slowly but surely, things were becoming more predictable. Or at least to Denver. She had no idea what was going through Firenza’s mind. She hoped she was ok though. After what just happened, she wouldn’t be surprised if she was hurting. Denver walked even slower than before, but not because she was avoiding the vampires, although that still held true. She just needed to think. Oh yeah. She was deep.

Firenza walked down the street, the vampires and werewolf following behind her. She was depressed, and a bit shocked, she was sure Erik had loved her before, what happened that had so suddenly changed his mind, not the fact that she was vampire, not her career, then what? That was a question that Firenza had been asking for a while now, and now, even more so. She felt her heart squeeze as she replayed the video in her head. Him crashing into the wall was both satisfying and painful. As she heard him moan she had an urgency to run back and rescue him from the pain, but then remembered how much pain he had caused her and stopped, Firenza was a strong soul and had been through a lot in her years, why all of a sudden she wanted to hep someone? Oh right, she was protective. But still, Firenza knew she had to let him go, but seeing him in such a state, is back probable bruised, his nose bleeding, wasn’t a very good picture to have in her mind. She quietly mourned guiltily as they walked to the band’s hangout place, everyone more quieter then before.

Denver wanted to keep moving. She was starting to feel out of place with the vampires. Sure they had rocked the club, but that was Firenza’s place. Not hers. Denver followed them to the hangout and sat quietly on a small stool, waiting for someone to speak, but she had the feeling it would be a quiet night… everyone was in a bad mood. Even though the place was nice, the mood made all the color fade. Denver looked around and eyed some of the pictures. Most of them were on the other side of the room, so some of them looked like they should be in their (former) foster-mother’s replica of the 1920’s! She sighed and looked back down at her feet. She had no interest in talking, and she was defiantly not going to ask questions. She didn’t feel like being attacked by 4 vampires. Denver preferred life, thank you. Then it dawned on her. The pictures were of other vampires. Great. Where the hell was she, and why was she still here and not running for the door? Where was the door again? Gah, she really needed to focus on the issue. She almost lost it there. 

Firenza looked over at Denver with a sigh, the werewolf looked uncomfortable at their area. She didn’t blame her, a hide out for vampires didn’t clash with the usual warm-hearted werewolves. She looked around, the black ceilings, brown wood walls and pictures all over the place, a black carpet on the floor, instruments scattered against the wall. She leaned back and put her elbows on the bar that was behind her, can you guess what was in the liquor fridge? She shook her head lightly as the three vampires plopped them selves on three beanbags and began to arm wrestle. She rolled her eyes as they began to laugh and strangle each other. “Boys”, she grumbled as she hopped up, landing swiftly on her feet, she walked over to the corner of the bar and placed down her book, opened it and opened her mind to the letters, or, symbols if you could call them that. She mumbled one and saw the same spell as before come to life, the fire dragon the size of her head began flying around the ceiling of the room. Suddenly, all heads turned as there was a loud meow. An orange tiger cub stood in the door way, his orange kind and intelligent eyes looking at Firenza and her creation flying above. “Rover dear, this is Denver”, said Firenza as she stopped her spell and a true smile came onto her face. How she loved the small cub she rescued from a trap in India. She kneeled down and raised her arms out, little Rover roared a cute little sound, then charged at Firenza with his own smile. He jumped and knocked her over backwards. “yes, yes, I know”, said Firenza rubbing his head in a rough manner, the tiger patting at her hair. So cute. Zander looked over with awe, that tiger hated everyone… except Firenza that is. He looked down at his hand in remembrance. That tiger almost munched his hand off the first time they met. You might be asking, how’s that? He’s just a cub? Simple… a cub with a large ego and teeth becomes dangerous.

Denver cringed a bit as she realized she was basically trapped in a vampire cave. Wonderful. She continued to sit in total silence. The boys were being the lazy pigs everyone knew they were. She giggled to herself. “Yeah…” She replied to Firenza’s comment. What were they going to do with those boys? Denver giggled again softly to herself as the thought of eating them crossed her mind. She let her hair fall over her eyes as she looked down once more. Denver wasn’t so sure if watching Firenza open her book was the best thing to do. She jumped at the sudden meow. It sounded more like a roar to her, sharp hearing wasn’t always a good thing you know. “Uh…” She smiled weakly, looking up slowly at Firenza and ‘ rover’ the tiger. Ah! Cat!!!! Insert girl screaming here. She glanced over at Zander looking down on his hand. She shook her head and then looked back at Firenza, shooting her a look. As in; what the hell was going on?!?

Firenza giggled lightly as she picked up the cub, which wasn’t that small of a cub anymore, and cradled the little boy in her arms. They all heard a loud vibrating purr and the boys laughed. It was the only thing that Firenza would give her care for now. They also all flinched as they heard a piercing scream, and with that, a hiss followed, of course including the tiger. Firenza put Rover down, then sighed and cradled her head lightly, snapped and watched as the book closed and floated back into her bag. She motioned for Denver to follow. “All right boys, we’ll be going now see you whenever” she said with a small wave, there were three awe’s, and two pairs of footsteps rushing towards Firenza. She opened the front door and stepped onto the steps. Zander whispered, “wait”, before he walked out after her. “Zander; what?” said Firenza a bit distressed. Right when she turned around, his lips landed forcefully on hers, and for a split second, they were locked. Then with Firenza’s eyes widening, she pushed his body away from hers, his eyes were locked on hers, determination and a bit of regret written on them. Firenza sighed and lowered her head just the slightest. That was all Zander needed to figure out what came next, he braced himself as he waited. In a second a hand went across his face and Firenza staring with her eyes wide and her mouth open from shock. He turned back with a sigh back to the room and walked into the room still a little lightheaded and dumbfounded as he walked back in the room, a small smile planted on his face. He brushed past Denver in the doorway and traveled inside. Firenza twitched lightly as she brushed her hand over her lips, stopping when her fingers touched her lips, then shaking her head lightly, crossing her hands over her chest and walking up the stairs and into the alleyway from which they came in. Idiot, of course Zander knew that a kiss was the last thing to do when a girl had just dealt with her ex, but he just couldn’t help himself could he.

“Uhm, where are we go-“ Denver stared at Firenza and Zander. Oh, he was so dead. She smirked and giggled to herself in pleasure as Firenza slapped him across the face. It was now a fact. Boys were stupid. She rolled her eyes as Zander passed her and quickly whispered to him. “Smooth.” Then, without hesitating, she ran up to Firenza and followed her out. Zander really was an idiot. I mean really. The whole time Denver stared at Firenza, and would look back. She hoped that Firenza wouldn’t go insane on her… Denver finally gave up on it, and walked in silence beside Firenza.  Her head was down and her hair covered her face. Really she began to smile. Finally! Away from all those vampires!!! It was heaven. She was enjoying herself now. But of course, then it dawned on her that Firenza was a vampire too. Crap. She had to be careful. VERY careful.

Firenza walked with a blank face, her hand still on her lips, a bit frustrated and annoyed. Truly, how dare he? Then again, she guessed it was because he was a guy, they always try and take advantage of the times you’re feeling weak and down. That was just her way of thinking at times like this. Relationships suck. She felt her hands clench and her teeth bare lightly under her lips, her fangs appearing under her lip. She was not, in a good mood. Firenza walked on, her guitar lightly bounding on her back, her red hair switching in rhythm to her step. People turned to stare, but after seeing the spark of rage in her eyes, they immediately looked away, and went away. She knew exactly where she was going, and this might not be a very pretty scene for Denver to see, but golly gosh, she didn’t care about anything but de-stressing this pain and rage, and she certainly didn’t want a bomb exploding under the city streets. She walked through the streets, towards one of the worst part of town she was now gaining a mad smirk “Denver dear, we’re going to visit an old feud, watch your back” she said as she moved on, stopping in front of a black building, She cracked her knuckles, then stepped up the steps and slammed down the door with a kick. She looked up the stairs of the apartment and walked her way up, her pose relaxed, yet in hunting, like a jaguar. She heard a small movement on the steps further on, quickly dashed up, grabbed the guy by the collar and lifted him six inches off the ground. Her next victim? Nope. “Where’s Brook?” she said with her fangs bared, he knew what that meant, and he knew about vampires or else his eyes wouldn’t have widened and his face wouldn’t have turned as pale as the ghost of Christmas future. He pointed up the stairs “3B” he said before she dropped him, she ran up the stairs just as fast as he stumbled and ran down the stairs. She got herself ready for another charge when she found the room open, she swung the door open, flicked the lights on and hissed, she could tell the vampire was long gone. “DAMMIITTT!!!” she yelled as she threw a ravenous fit of curses, she turned to the wall and slammed it with her fist as hard as she could. Now a normal person or witch would go ‘Are you insane woman? Lost your marbles?’ but no, she wasn’t hurt, the wall did have a giant dent in it though.

Denver giggled to herself as everyone watched Firenza basically do the catwalk. She loved the looks on their mortal faces. Especially the boys who stood there in awe and then turned away as soon as she got close. “She speaks! She actually said something!” Denver’s head popped right up and her eyes widened. She was not looking forward to this at all. “Aw, come on! Please tell me it’s not another boy problem!”  Denver rolled her eyes and muttered light curses to herself. “Why did I have to be the adventurous one? That’s how I ended up as a f**k’n wolf anyway…” She muttered to herself in frustration. She stopped dead in her tracks. “Dear?” Since when was she a dear? Last time she checked, she was bobcat. Jeez, Firenza was quick to change her mind. The building caught her eye instantly, and she knew this would not end well at all. Like seriously, she would rather be stranded on a desert island. Not really. The door fell with a loud, painful noise, and Denver stood, mouth on the floor, staring at Firenza. Brook? Who was Brook? And who was this man? She knew it was a boy problem! What the hell was going on? She ran up the stairs after Firenza, which was probably the dumbest thing to do right now. “Firenza?” She cringed as Firenza went into a hissy. It wasn’t pretty. Denver almost fainted when Firenza left a dent in the wall too. Holy crap!

Firenza’s head shifted quickly to the side, her eyes glaring at Denver’s eyes. “Brook is the man who burned my family alive” she hissed out as she slipped to the floor holding her head. She couldn’t believe that he had gotten away that quickly. Firenza was sure he was here just yesterday, but that was in the past right now, he had gone away, Erik was back with his companions, and Zander had an uncomfortable eye on her that she didn’t want to be on her at this moment. What a messed up week this was turning out to be. She stood up, maintaining her dignity as she calmly inhaled and exhaled. “Maybe we should just wait for Erik and his dude to come after us again, I’ll hit him so hard that he’ll be permanently damaged” she said, just then se felt a choking feeling, then quickly swallowed the thought and feeling of tears coming up, distinguishing it into ashes. No, she was being strong, she would have to kill him soon, and she knew that from the very beginning, he got away with too much information from her, and with too much of Firenza’s dignity for her to stand. As she looked up at Denver, you could tell that her temper tantrum was gone, now she was just a bit sad. She sat in the empty plain room on the floor wondering what they were going to do now, she found only two things in her head that they could do, settle somewhere safe, or fight, and she knew neither of them could handle the amount of people going after them alone.

Chills were sent down Denver’s spine every time Firenza spoke to her. A baby could tell she was pissed off. End of story. There was no going back now, and Denver was stuck here, watching her explode. God only knew how this would end. Maybe. Denver cringed when Firenza told her that. Burned her family? Alive? What kind of sick, twisted CREATURE would do that?! Unfortunately, Denver had the feeling, that they were not dealing with mortals. Not even close. They were all about to burn in hell, or a place worse then that. (if possible) Denver wished she has some corn chowder right now, to knock some sense into Firenza, but…. not really. She was not about to risk her life when Firenza was already on the brink of murder. And she could not deal with anymore f*****g pink!!!! “Oh, that’s not good.” Denver murmured, hoping Firenza wouldn’t hear her. Aw, poor Erik. He was going to get beat up again? What fun! Denver would love to contribute to that. She was starving, but…she would hold on. She felt her own eyes fill with fire, knowing Firenza’s pain and anger. She was in the same situation, thanks to the mysterious death of her family. Denver sighed, and put her hand on Firenza’s shoulder. They would be fine, for now, as long as they stuck together. “Lets get out of here.” She didn’t want to see anymore fighting today. Besides, she needed to find anger management classes for a certain someone…

Firenza looked up at Denver and her hand. She felt bad for dragging Denver into it all. Though she knew that she would do it all again. She smiled lightly. They would become quite the evils when they would start becoming well known to society. Flyers do nothing but scratch the edges of their hairs, what would happen soon, will decapitate their heads. Firenza stood up and turned to Denver, she had a question to ask; yet she didn’t know whether it was appropriate at a time like this. Then again, when did Firenza ever think about what was appropriate and at what time it was appropriate? “Denver, did you know anyone from your previous homes that would be willing to harbor us until I find a safer place for us to occupy, and preferably with either an attic, or a basement. She grinned a soft fanged smile; after all, she did need some comfort at times for desperate measures. Firenza slid her hands up to her guitar-case strap, pulling it a bit looser; it had become a habit as well.

Denver smiled ever so slightly, that her canines showed. At least Firenza wasn’t going to kill her. What a relief. She beamed when Firenza asked her if she knew anyone. Denver happened to have an old friend from one of her very first foster homes. He had lived up the street from her, and actually managed to have Denver stay for more then a day. “Well, I’ll see what I can do.” She winked. This was the perfect time to visit an old friend, and Denver knew he had a attic AND basement. She loved making people happy. “ I just need to get to a pay phone, oh, and he is a HUMAN, so no biting.” She loosened her smile. This was an important friend to her, and she got very protective over him. A key thing was that he also knew her secret. Yeah, it weren’t for the freak parents she was living with, she would still be there. She sighed. “Firenza, I think you have some explaining to do.” She gave her one of those looks; Denver was still lost in what was going on, overall. Se didn’t mind it, yet, but it haunted her mind. Denver looked around the empty room, and then at the dent Firenza had made in the wall, and out the door. She thought she heard moans of pain, and giggled. “We should help him. Maybe on the way to that pay phone, hm?” Lucky for Denver, she knew how to make the phones work without paying.

Firenza gave a small chuckle and then shrugged, she wondered where they could go after they go to Denver’s human friend’s house. Firenza had a small moment of imagery, Denver opening the door, Firenza walking inside and nipping the man on the neck. She almost moaned at the thought, she needed food, that creaking wall took a lot of power she had from her previous dinner. “Denver, how bout we go shopping, indulge ourselves on food, dump the credit card, then escape to where your friend lives. Her hands came out of her pocket, a golden Wells Fargo card made itself visible. And whose golden Wells Fargo card was it? Erik’s! She giggled, imagining the look on his face when he realizes his card is gone, his credit history is completely, totally, and permanently ruined. Mini revenge act one. Firenza giggled lightly as she rubbed her hands together, the card in between her two palms. “Lets get onto a street, call your buddy, then head to Saxs fifth avenue, I have a feeling this card has a little bit more than a fortune on it.” Firenza finally calmed down a little, no more need to go on a mad rampage. She took Denver’s wrist lightly, and then quickly ran down the hall, letting go of her hand only to jump on the railing and siding down, a grin on her face. Heaven, shopping was one thing the Firenza enjoyed. Shopping with no limit was something Firenza enjoyed even more. She would have to remember to put up a scrying mirror in her guitar case to tape his reaction when he found out. Oh, they had just hit gold. Firenza opened the door, getting ready to shoot like a bullet to the nearest pay phone, then to the nearest shop to start their frenzy.


Firenza + Denver

Chapter 4

 

Denver let out a girlish shriek, which was scarce in the world of Denver. “Holy s**t, do I need clothes!!!” She beamed. This was going to be so much fun. Oh yes, this city had no idea what they were in for. “What are we doing here then?” She exclaimed when she saw the card. On the very bottom of it, read Erik’s name. She giggled. “Oh you’re good.” Denver slid down the railing, and jumped off, landing silently on the floor. Once Firenza opened the door, she was home free. Denver raced past Firenza like a tornado and down the street to the nearest pay phone. She needed an excuse to call Kev. She skidded to a stop at the phone, and watched her fingernails become claws. She dug them into the coin slot, and dialed his number. It rang, and luckily, he picked up. ‘Hello?’ he said. Denver smiled. “Kev! It’s Denver!” She screamed into the phone. ‘Ok, ow. No screaming. Long time no see, how are you?’ “Good, foster home free.” She sighed heavily. “I need a favor. A friend and I need a place to stay. Not mortal. You are the only one I trust.” He sounded shocked. “Ok, sure. Anything for you. Wait, it’s not a guy, is it?’ Denver giggled. “I see a green monster. And no. She’s my foster sibling. We escaped together and, well, long story.” She knew he was smiling. “I’ll see you when you get here. Take it easy.’ And he hung up. Denver smiled, and gently placed the phone down, and released her claws. She turned to Firenza, who was surprisingly, right behind her. “Well, we have a temporary home. Now let’s hit the stores.” She giggled and blushed, leaving out the, ‘he thought you were a dude and got jealous’, part.

Firenza had to admit, she was quite amused at the phone conversation the two were having. She had to giggle lightly as Denver noticed the little green monster. She heard it, and she truly didn’t mind. The only thing that she was awfully happy about now was that she had her ex-boyfriend’s credit card. And that she was more damn dangerous then he would ever even imagine when it came to shopping. Another thing, she knew that Erik had no limits put on the card because it was his check card, score! Time to wipe his savings! “Alright, alright, enough talk, time to walk” Firenza said as she quickly stepped in a fast pace towards the cab, stuck a hand put at the taxi and it stopped. “To the city!” she said with a smile as she got in the cab and waited until Denver got in the cab to speak the directions. “Get us to Manhattan to the longest and hottest shops there are” she said. “You got it ma’am” the cab driver replied in awe. She felt the vibration of the cab start out under her and they were off to the best shopping trip they would ever have. “Another thing great about powers is that you can shrink everything into tiny size so you can bring everything you own and bought with you” she whispered to Denver with a smirk. “Don’t worry, I’ll make sure both of our piles are accessible to be turned back to normal size”.

This was the BEST revenge a girl could have. Forget magic powers! Girls love to shop, and with a card like this, there was no stopping these two. Denver couldn’t imagine what Erik’s face would look like when he saw the bill, that is, if he still HAS a face from what Firenza did to him. Denver smirked as they glomped themselves into the cab. She didn’t understand why they couldn’t just run, but oh well. She giggled after Firenza’s little comment. “I can’t wait.” she whispered back. Denver opened up her window, and let her hand be pushed back and forth by the wind.  After what, to Denver, seemed like forever, the cab came to a screeching stop at the heart of the city. Time Square. “Yes!” Denver shrieked when she exited the cab. She turned to the cab driver, “hold it!” so that they wouldn’t have to find another one. He smiled and nodded, and Denver was off. She dragged Firenza by the wrist until they came to the end of the block. All the good stores were in time square, you just had to do a little window shopping, and in this case, ignore all the sale signs. “Ready?” Denver said, smirking wildly with excitement.

“Oh yeah!” said Firenza with a giggle. “Let’s go into that store first, I have a feeling we’ll need a few of those” she said pointing at the antique boutique store. What she was pointing at were two knives, but it was obvious they were of great value and from very long ago. She coughed lightly, brought her chin up as if she had a lot of money, and she did. But she did that so that the owner of the shop wouldn’t kick the two girls out of the shop just because they weren’t dressed rich. She walked into the shop a second later, looked around the store, amazing dresses, were everywhere. Not only that, but outfits, and many artifacts bordered the walls. She nodded to the grumpy old woman sitting at the counter, the woman grumbled something, and then got back to reading her newspaper. This was heaven, perfect, she had a feeling that Denver and she would have to go to a lot of ballrooms to get information, and a woman’s intuition is one to trust. She first walked over to the knives, a set of knives stuck out at her, two daggers, both the same size. They were a foot long each and could definitely cause much damage. She smiled as she looked down and found another sword, about the same size as the other two, but obviously more delicate than the rest, it still looked lethal, but it had a certain intricate look that was so pretty. “Denver, look at that” she said with a smile. “I’m going to look at the dresses, you, see if that sword interests you. She turned and nodded her head towards the swords, held out two fingers to the grumpy lady, then walked over to the dresses. The lady got it, and with a big grin, went over to her line of keys to get the one that opened the place were the daggers were.

Denver pretty much attacked the shop; she hadn’t been shopping period since her foster house before firenza. “Ok.” She giggled, noticing the daggers right away. As firenza went to look at dresses, which Denver would most likely go at next, she looked at the daggers in interest. Oh, they were expensive. Perfect! Then, almost in shock, she looked at the ancient sword. It looked very elegant, but also dangerous. Denver was drawn to it, and had to step away to keep from picking it up. She shook her head no at the lady, and then motioned back towards the daggers. The lady put two of the daggers in a bag, and sat back down again, while Denver went back to look at the sword. After a while, Denver decided that even though it may never be used, that it was worth buying, just to piss Erik off. The lady came over to her, seeing she wanted the sword, and wrapped it carefully in bubble wrap and placed it in a separate bag. Denver smiled, and wandered into the dress section next to Firenza. The clothes looked a little….old for her, and besides, right now, Denver really needed to raid a shoe store. These boots were falling apart on her, and wouldn’t even make it to midnight. “Eh.” Denver browsed through some shirts, and finally came across something she liked. It was a black. cropped trench, with rips in the sleeves. And of course, like in all stories, it fit. Denver rolled her eyes, grabbed it, and continued to browse. She noticed a lot of vintage jeans, and took just enough for satisfaction.  “Find anything?” Denver smiled at Firenza. She walked over to her, and almost tripped over something, peeking out from under one of the clothing racks. It was just a book. Denver picked it up, and opened it. The inside was hollowed out and filled with nick knacks and some necklaces, ect. “Ha. Lucky find.” Denver said, closing the book, and tucking it under her arm.

Firenza giggled to herself as she looked through the racks. She couldn’t even remember the last tie she went shopping. Usually, she would just make the clothing from scratch, but this was too good of an opportunity. Firenza looked at a really cute black punk Lolita corset with red lining. It was a T-shirt, cute, and she didn’t really care whether it fit or not, she would make it fit. But it looked her size; she quickly took it and put it over her arm. Next she went to the bottoms, holding back a squeal of delight as she found a pair or black buckled skinny cargo pants. She swiftly dropped it over her arm, and then went to another isle, where she grabbed two pairs of black glasses impossible to see through and a ballroom dress. The ballroom dress was of excellent quality, and obviously value. It was elegant, a corset-like top, and hugged every curve until the hips where it freely flew down to her ankles, it was just too cute to leave. She also took two school uniforms, how it got into an antique store, she would never know, but it sure came in handy right about now, it was the end of summer, and school was coming, no matter how much she didn’t want to, she had to go, she refused to become a drop-out. She sighed, looking at the two outfits; they would be greatly modified very soon. They were just too… ‘By the rules’ for her. “Yep, found a lot she said to Denver, looking with interest at the book, she went up to the counter and dumped her stuff, then waited for Denver to drop her stuff until handing the woman the credit card. She also got another dress, but she shrunk this one and put it in her bag secretly, it would become her project for a boring day. “How bout the shoe store next?” asked Firenza with a smirk and her eye-brows raised as she looked down at her companion’s shoes. With a light chuckle, her face loosened up and she took the card back from the woman, signing the sheet with Erik’s signature, it was as if he signed it himself and that signature was hard to copy. Firenza grabbed the two bags, handing one to Denver. 

The blonde thanked the lady on the way out, bag in hand. She couldn’t believe they found that stuff in an antique shop. Score! She wanted to ask Firenza why they needed the daggers, but then realized between the two of them, anything could go wrong. Not to mention the fact they were in the middle of committing a huge crime. But hey, Erik did worse…right? Sooner or later Denver would get the whole story out of Fire. She would just have to be patient, and not get cursed with anymore pink. Ugh. The more Denver thought about it, the more upset she got. School would be starting soon, and she didn’t know where she would be, or where Firenza would. Denver didn’t want to be a drop out, but her secrets were getting harder and harder to protect. She didn’t need two hours of homework every night on top of that. In an instant, Denver perked up, when the words ‘shoe store’ were mentioned. She bolted in to the nearest shoe store, dropped her things on the chair, and started picking up every other shoe. It was a miracle. She needed shoes for so many reasons. One being every time she went wolf, her claws would rip the soles of her boots, and two, they were just too f’ing old. She noticed a drop dead gorgeous pair of black paten, wedge heel, women’s combat boots. yes! She grabbed them, and let out the most embarrassing girlish squeak. “I think Erik might go broke, just in this store!” She giggled to Firenza as she grabbed about six other pairs of sneakers and boots. Denver was scaring herself, giggling like a preppy, crazed, fan girl freak the whole time, grabbing everything that fit her taste, and even stuff that didn’t. Firenza could always change that, and plus, it was so much fun ruining Erik’s life. Finally, she calmed down, and let out a huge sigh. She was so happy right now, she could eat corn chowder…or maybe not. The thought of that made her want to puke. Insert awesome flashback here. She sat on the floor, stacking boxes of shoes, peering around the pile every now and again to talk to Firenza and go crazy a little more.

Firenza watched Denver grow more and more weird. But hey, that’s what shopping sometimes did to girls, especially when you didn’t have many clothes. Firenza herself picked out a lot of stuff, two pairs of sneakers, black high heels and her own pair of boots. Firenza realized that she hadn’t been seeping as much power as she usually did, what was happening to her mind? Denver definitely had something to do with this problem. She needed to be a power freak and that was final. How else was she going to get more experience with witchcraft? So, she took a chance and seeped out as much of power from the overly excited werewolf that could be allowed without it being called murder. She giggled almost hysterically like, before slapping a hand over her mouth. Damn, that werewolf was definitely high on something. She sighed dreamingly and felt herself become a little lighter. Yay for power. The thing is, now Firenza was high on Denver’s out of control power. Firenza blinked two times and watched as all the stuff in their bags shrunk to the size of pennies and folded themselves… up. And into her bag, they went, looking only like colored flies to the rest of the people. Really, really big flies. She had to keep from laughing, the expression on others faces were too good. Firenza almost burst into tears from holding back her laughter as the cashier tipped forward in his chair to look at what just happened and slammed into the counter with his head. She seeped a lot of pain energy from the man, then when she was satisfied she piled all the shoeboxes and piled them on the counter once the man got up from the floor. “Please, no boxes, and no receipt, I don’t want to know how much it all costs” she said with a giggle. Firenza handed him ‘her’ card and then signed the sheet he gave back. She took the three bags of shoes and shrunk everything inside, keeping the bags stationed in their normal size. The shoes quietly seeped into her bag, more giant flies disappeared into her bag, but these, the victims of power seeping did not see, by then, she was almost sure most of these people were too tired to move a foot. She giggled with glee, then blopped next to Denver and smiled at her innocently.
And then it happened. Denver felt like she was melting. Firenza…oh if she had the energy…well, let’s just say the rest of this sentence is now censored. If you are under the age of 13, skip this part. Why that little lying b***h! How could she do this f*****g s**t to her! Why couldn’t she suck the crap out of someone else?! Firenza was such a jackass sometimes!!!! There. Now Denver has finished ranting. Denver tried not to lose consciousness, and tried standing up, but melted back into the chair. “F**k.” She hissed at Firenza and stared her down. She giggled as if she was drunk as the “flies” found their way to Firenza’s bag. This was not going to end well in the least bit. Thank heavens Kevin’s mom was a missus. She was going to need a massage after this. S**t. She looked at what happened to the cashier and the ugly bruise forming on the side of his face. Nicely played Firenza, nicely played. She actually would have gotten up and clapped for her, but all her energy magically disappeared! I wonder wear it could have gone, Denver thought sarcastically, glaring at Firenza once again. She giggled at the thought of totally ruining Erik’s life by spending all this money. She liked the idea of no receipts, and then there was no proof against them. Oh what joy. Suddenly, the giggles went away. Denver barely turned her head, and saw Firenza smiling at her from the corner of her eye. “You are sooo gonna get it.” Denver mumbled, too tired to yell. However, she did try to push Firenza off her seat, but failed to do so when she remembered the pink.

Firenza stopped her overly hyper-ness and sighed dramatically, returning a bit of energy to everyone so they had energy to move around freely and whatever their little hearts desired to do. Not that their hearts were little, probably bigger than Firenza’s at the moment though, she was probably just as greedy a grumpy as the green grouch himself, for she was not the one to return things to their ‘rightful’ owners. Again, that was a side effect for being around Denver. Firenza eyed her carefully, she would refuse to get soft, still, an evil grin formed on her mouth as she remembered the card, now hers. Firenza stood up, took Denver’s hand and walked out the door, leaving a bunch of dizzy victims behind; they would only remember going shopping and the essential de ja vu. She walked down the street casually, hand in hand with a girl that could easily pass as a best friend, which was all the better for people not noticing them. Walking into another store nearby, a scent stopped her so sharp in her tracks that the guy walking behind them nearly stumbled over them. Ignoring the cursing pedestrian, she felt the scent again; making sure it wasn’t just her imagination. It was a male’s scent, but completed with a scent she had smelled only a few times before. She took a deep smell of the pleasant aroma, and then went into the mirror and glass shop, hiding her fangs skillfully, they were now almost pulsing with joy. Firenza let go of Denver’s hand, changed her attire, this guy would not be as easily fooled as the others and she wanted to blend a little at least. No one was in the shop, so her clothes changed to blue jeans and a black lollita top. She turned to Denver, not asking before she turned her attire into a little lighter blue jeans and a white tank top. Firenza shrugged then grinned. “White fits you”. She turned to the counter and to the door behind it, the door opened, a guy looking about their age came out with a bored look on his face. Stopping a bit sharp as he took a good look at the girls in front of him and their scents, one more obvious than the other, who was almost impossible to distinguish.  He looked with great interest at the two, almost as great as Firenza’s. He was about five foot eight, lean, cute, yet nothing bulky. And a strange combination of black hair and blue, almost purple eyes. His eyes widened as he noticed Firenza’s eyes, Firenza not hesitating to move around the counter in a second, grabbing him by the elbow and sinking her fangs into his neck, more gently then the other victims. She let go in about two seconds, and then kept two hands on his shoulders, holding him steady a bit. The guy wasn’t drained at all; he could still walk, but certainly could not fight or defend himself against the two girls, which was what Firenza was leaning towards. “Denver, we just met our third member of the group,” she said proudly. The poor guy stuttering tried to find words to match the confusion in his head. “This little wizard has not been introduced to covens yet you see, and from what I’ve gathered, grew up in secret with human parents.” Firenza winked at Denver “Quite good at covering tracks”. She looked more at ease than she had been in days; they had just found the solution to most of their troubles with people tracking them to Denver’s friend. The trackers would lose their journey here, where their real mission would begin.

Denver smiled when Firenza gave in and returned some of her energy. “Thank you!” She said, still half asleep. She loved the idea that she was making Firenza a softy. it was fun manipulating people. On the other hand, Denver had her own side effects from being around Firenza. She had become much more devious and much more confident then she was before. Denver knew what Firenza was thinking about when she smirked. At this point, it was obvious. Denver giggled, and was about to say something when Firenza grabbed her and pulled her out of the store. “Ow!” She yelped, losing feeling in her wrist. Denver was relieved that Firenza had just dragged her into another store, rather then being on the run. When Firenza short-stopped, so did Denver, and she almost tripped over herself, and the guy who almost tripped over her. “Firenza!” She glared, but eased up when she noticed Firenza staring into space. Denver was a bit in shock that Firenza randomly changed both sets of their clothing. In public too. At least the feeling in her wrist was coming back. “Thanks.” She smiled. Thank GOD it wasn’t pink. Thank you thank you thank you!! She saw the guy appear out from behind the counter, and was caught off guard when Firenza bit him. She gave firenza the evil eye, but didn’t say a word. Ok. He was still alive. that was good. “What�"How did you- never mind. Wait? Third? What?” Denver stared wide eyed at the babbling man and Firenza who was smiling for once. How did Firenza know that stuff about him? And what was she supposed to tell Kevin? Firenza decided to bite a man in a store and made him part of the group? Denver was fine with that, Kevin on the other hand, would be a little ticked, mostly because he gets jealous easily. “Um…ok.” Denver stared, trying to work out all the thoughts in her head. One thing was for sure. Nothing would ever be the same as long as Firenza had something to do with it. “Hold on.” Denver walked outside the store for a second, making a call to Kevin. A second later, she came in smiling. “Ok. All better.” She beamed, proud that she over powered her friend. She paused. “So, um….What now?”

© 2011 Burlesque


Author's Note

Burlesque
Remember, UNFINISHED. This includes editing and proof reading!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on January 5, 2011
Last Updated on January 5, 2011

Author

Burlesque
Burlesque

New York, NY



About
My name is April Grace. I am 15 and live in NYC. My whole life I was emotionally tormented by my parents divorce, especially my father. When I was 11 my brother died. It was the first death I had ever.. more..

Writing
Moving On Moving On

A Poem by Burlesque