Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Burr the Story Sorceress

I bent over her, held her in my arms, my last link to the mortal world. Without her, I would be lost, in the desert, the ocean, the forest and the mountains. There was no common ground on which I could stand without her, my dear sister. I cried for both of us. She laid dying physically, I sat dying in my mind. 

        “She is dying, isn't she,” her mate said. His eyes were hazy with her pain. 

        “Yes,” my voice cracked. Fury flowed from the four corners of my mind. They wanted revenge for the crime against them. I closed my eyes and tried to push them back. 

        “Myra,” a soft voice drew my attention. A soft hand touched my cheek. My eyes snapped open and and met her clouded ones. 

        “No, Unra, don't talk,” I whispered, gripping her hand. “You haven't the strength.” 

        She ignored me. “I must save you. Without you, the four will distroy the world. That cannot happen.” She looked at her mate. “Draco, you know what I want of you?” 

        He nodded. “I do, my love.” 

        “Do it, please.” 

        He bowed his head and disappeared. 

        Unra met and held my eyes. “I give you, Balance of Powers, my life and power.” 

        My eyes widened. “No! You can't.” 

        “I give you the powers of the Sunlight. I give you peace, love, and harmony.” 

        My tears blinded me. I felt the power of the Light Element pour into my body. 

        “May it be hidden to all, even yourself. Hidden from all but your Moon.” 

        The bright power faded, blended into my my soul. I could no longer feel it at all. 

        “May you always have firm ground on which to stand.” Unra's voice, so small already, lessened even more. “I love you, my darling sister. May you find happiness one day.” 

        She was gone. 

        I gently laid her on the ground. She looked so peaceful, so angelic, even laying dead in the heart of a battlefield. I held my hands out before. 

        “Blessed by Aqura,” I pulled moisture from the air and it formsed a ball between my hands. The ball flowed over her like a blanket. “Seer of all things, Healer of the hurt.”

        The water sank into Unra's skin.

        “Blessed by Wina.” A ball of spinning air appeared between my hands. The ball became a current the covered her. “Singer of songs, Dancer of the sky.”

        The air disappeared into her. 

        “Blessed by Lyrena.” Dust collected between my hands. It, too, covered Unra. “Scholar of ages, Speaker of wisdom.”

        The dust disappeared. 

        “Blessed by Feu.” I held a ball of flames in my hands. “Protector of the defenseless, Killer of darkness.”

        The flames covered Unra. Her body was consumed by them. In seconds, only a pile of ash remained.         “Good bye, my dearest twin,” I whispered softly. 

        “Murderer!” cried a male voice. 

        I spun to see Zaryin, Unra and Draco's oldest son. He was pointing at me, a horrified look on his face. 

        “Murderer!!” he yelled again.



© 2008 Burr the Story Sorceress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hello, Burr finaly got it read, sorry it took so long. I love the start with the mystery's indented into this. I do love the way the characters talk, reminds me of late/early 1700s. I love that this story was different from everyone Else's on this site that makes it interesting. I love the way you can hear the voices of to which is spoken. I do love this. But I love you for you, just a side note. Anyways I do like the plot line so far and I will read Chapter One Asap.

Thank you for the read request

S.D.Blankenship the GothicCowboy

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

that was a great start it happened a little fast but it was very suspenseful

Posted 15 Years Ago


Hello, Burr finaly got it read, sorry it took so long. I love the start with the mystery's indented into this. I do love the way the characters talk, reminds me of late/early 1700s. I love that this story was different from everyone Else's on this site that makes it interesting. I love the way you can hear the voices of to which is spoken. I do love this. But I love you for you, just a side note. Anyways I do like the plot line so far and I will read Chapter One Asap.

Thank you for the read request

S.D.Blankenship the GothicCowboy

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

such a nice start! ^^

Posted 15 Years Ago


Loved it! Great beginning! The twist at the end was great!
-Brie

Posted 16 Years Ago


i'm on my feet!
i like!

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is an interesting beginning. Cliffhangers are always nice, too.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

352 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 9, 2008
Last Updated on August 7, 2008


Author

Burr the Story Sorceress
Burr the Story Sorceress

A Really Cold Place, OH



About
I am a kinda loud person who is very blunt. I tend to talk before I think. I go with the flow, most of the time. When I get excited, my stutter comes back with a vengence. I do the best I can and that.. more..

Writing