Relative Dream: Late for Class

Relative Dream: Late for Class

A Story by Burr the Story Sorceress
"

I saw M.C. Escher's "Relativity" and I had a dream that night. This is the Relative Dream.

"

        A young girl in a school uniform carrying a black bag ran down the stairs. She passed stern men in suits going to work and punk-rocker girls heading to the mall. It was seven fifty-six and she was very, very late. 

        “Ah!!! I am so dead!!!” she cried. “Mr. Greg is ssooo going to kill me!!!And I have a test!! Double 'Ah!!!'” 

        She heard the great clock chime the hour, it was too late to sneak in. She sighed and tried to slow down. Before she could, she ran head long into someone a lot bigger than herself. 

        “Oh, my gosh! I'm so sorry!! I really a-” she stopped talking when she looked up and saw that she had bumped into Marrin Drake, the smartest, nicest, and hottest guy in her school. The guy she had had a crush on since the forth grade when he got her teddy bear back from some bullies at break. She had never been good at talking to anyone, boys in particular. She blushed and stammered. 

        “Hello, Cleo, late again, huh?” he smiled down at her and her blush deepened. He chuckled and grasped her arms and set her on her feet. “Too bad all the energy you used to get here in under five minutes is wasted.” 

        She crooked her head to the side and looked at him, puzzled. “Wasted?” 

        “Yep,” he smiled again and pointed off to his right. A group of their school mates were heading home on a vertical staircase. They looked up at the pair and waved as best they could with the strange angle. Marrin waved back. From where the two were standing, it looked like their classmates were walking up the wall. “Class got called off today because Mr. Greg's wife went into labor and all the substitutes are busy.” 

        “Oh, well, looks like I'm not in trouble!!” She smiled up at him. When he smiled back, she blushed and stammered out, “Gu-guess I'll go home.” 

        She turned around to start off for home but his hand on her arm stopped her. She looked up at him with big eyes. 

        “Since we don't have class, why don't we go eat breakfast. I doubt you've had anything to eat yet, right?” 

        Her stomach seemed to hear him and rumbled. “Um, ah, um.....” 

        “I'll pay, seeing as how you never bring money to class,” he pulled her toward a near by door. “Come on.” 

        Cleo smiled at him and went through the door. It opened onto an up-side-down stair and the pair headed off to eat.

© 2009 Burr the Story Sorceress


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 22, 2008
Last Updated on March 3, 2009

Author

Burr the Story Sorceress
Burr the Story Sorceress

A Really Cold Place, OH



About
I am a kinda loud person who is very blunt. I tend to talk before I think. I go with the flow, most of the time. When I get excited, my stutter comes back with a vengence. I do the best I can and that.. more..

Writing