Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by Burr the Story Sorceress

     The four children were playing in the field. The girl with pigtails handed the girl with a ponytail a string of flowers woven together. The ponytail girl tried to make the string a ring. After several failed attempts, she dropped the string in her lap and started crying. The pigtail girl moved to comfort her, but she was a ways away from her sister with the boy in the white shirt.

     The string of flowers left the ponytail girl's lap. She looked up from her hands and saw the new boy sitting across from her. He tied the two ends of the flower string and handed the new flower crown to her. She smiled at him and put the crown to the side.

     The girl with the ponytail throw her arms around the new boy's neck. He fell back and she ended up laying on him. Her bell-like laughter filled the air.

 

* * *

 

     I wake with the same confusion as every other morning. I whimper and snuggle against the warm body next to me. In under three seconds I jump out of the bed and trip over my desk chair on my way to my closet. I squeak as the chair falls on top of me. I bang my head on the ground.

     “Owwwww,” I moan softly.

     “Mim!” The chair is lifted off me and two hands help me sit up. Markus tips my head forward and moves my hair to check and see if there is a bump. “Are you okay? I'm sorry.”

    “Just tell me why you're here and I'll think about forgiving you.” I grip his shoulders and use them to stand. He rights the chair and pushes me into it. I try to cover a yawn.

     Markus sits in front of my chair, studying his folded hands in his lap. He is totally silent and worry pierces my sleep-hazed brain. I slide out of the chair and stumble, landing in his lap.

     “What's wrong?” I turn in his lap until my back is against his chest and I bury my face in his neck. I take his hands in mine. “Why are you so quite?”

     He doesn't say anything for a while. “Dragons are dangerous when first paired.”

     Something clicks in my slow brain. “Yea, they can go a little batty when they can't feel their mate's presence. Their protective natures make them think their mates are in danger when they aren't. It is Light User custom to never separate new pairs.”

     The tension in him melts and his gripe on my hands tightens. “So you know that? Then why did you jump up in a fright?”

     “I am not awake until after breakfast. You weren't there when I went to bed, so I didn't expect you to be there this morning.” I look at the clock on my desk and scowls. “It is only five? What day is it?”

     “Sunday.” I feel you smile against my hair.

     “Ah, the day of rest. Lest go back to bed. Vik doesn't even wake up till noon on Sundays.”

     Markus picks me up and carries me back to the bed. We snuggle together under the blanckets.

     “Does this mean I'm forgiven?” he whispers in my ear.

     “Nope.” I giggle softly. “It means you're my new favorite pillow.”

     A few minutes later I'm asleep.



© 2008 Burr the Story Sorceress


Author's Note

Burr the Story Sorceress
Heehee. Enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You've got a REALLY great story going! I can't wait to find out what happens!!! Keep going!
-Brie

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
1 Review
Added on March 25, 2008


Author

Burr the Story Sorceress
Burr the Story Sorceress

A Really Cold Place, OH



About
I am a kinda loud person who is very blunt. I tend to talk before I think. I go with the flow, most of the time. When I get excited, my stutter comes back with a vengence. I do the best I can and that.. more..

Writing