A Saucy Afternoon

A Saucy Afternoon

A Story by Burr the Story Sorceress
"

All's fun and games til someone jumps off a cliff.

"

She stood on the cliff, her tattered skirt moving in the light breeze around her. She stared below into the vast emptiness the every island floated in. She knew only currents of air separated the islands from the gravity orb that kept everything from drifting off into space.


She saw that empty space and smiled.


She checked her clothes and pack again, insuring everything was secure and not an inch of skin was uncovered. She looked behind her at the small village and waved farewell to it, saying goodbye to the kind people who lived there, and did a backfilp off the cliff.

She quickly fell through the slow moving currents the surround the floating chunk of earth and hit the faster currents of the Empty Sea. She spread her arms, trying to control her decent.


She was a few seconds too late. Instead of the easy and gracefully landing she had hoped for she crashed with a heavy thud onto the small airship's deck.


“Fran!” yelled an annoyed young man as he turned from the navigation wheel to watch her pick herself up. “You are an idiot! Where is your diver cloak?”


The girl named Fran pulled off her leather cap and shook out her short black hair. Her goggles where next to be removed and she eyed her friend with a smirk. “Lost it in a poker match. I had a straight but the little bugger pulled out a royal flush.”


The shipper gaped at her. “You have got to be kidding me.”


“Nope,” she said with a bright smile as she crooked her head to the side. “Can I have another?”


“Are you crazy?!? What do you think I am? Stupid? If you think-”


Fran cut him off with a quick kiss. “Tommy, you are way too uptight. I'm kidding, for heaven's sake. I never lose a hand of poker!”


Tommy stared at her, deciding if not strangling her was worth it. He almost decided it wasn't when she kissed him again and slowly. When she pulled back he eyed her warily.


“You do that just to keep me from killing you don't you?”


“Yup. I am merely a small female and I need to use what tools I can to stay alive.”


They both laughed at that for a moment, knowing full well Fran could win just about any fight if she wanted.


“So what do you want to do today, Franny?” Tommy asked as he headed back to the wheel.


Fran followed him, looking out into the vast collection of invisible currents that was her home, the Empty Sea. “Lets go make apple sauce today! I have been craving some lately.”


Tommy laughed. “I suppose it will be a saucy afternoon then?”


Their laughter drifted out and was swallowed by the ocean of air around them.

© 2010 Burr the Story Sorceress


Author's Note

Burr the Story Sorceress
I got bored in class one day. This is what I make when I'm bored. Lol.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
Added on May 7, 2010
Last Updated on May 7, 2010

Author

Burr the Story Sorceress
Burr the Story Sorceress

A Really Cold Place, OH



About
I am a kinda loud person who is very blunt. I tend to talk before I think. I go with the flow, most of the time. When I get excited, my stutter comes back with a vengence. I do the best I can and that.. more..

Writing