Samara and the Magical Balloons

Samara and the Magical Balloons

A Story by Bushra Naqshbandi
"

A fairytale about Samara who bought some balloons which changed her life.

"
Once upon a time, there lived a ten year old girl called Samara. She was the only child of her parents. Her parents doted on her and she was also the pet of all her teachers. For her age, she was extremely sensible and well behaved. She was always happy and tried to keep everyone around her happy. The dearest wish of her heart was that everyone around her should always remain happy.
One fine day, she went out for a walk to a nearby park. On the way, she saw a beautiful woman in a dazzling white gown selling big, colourful balloons. She smiled at the woman and walking up to her, sweetly asked her how much one balloon cost. The woman smilingly tickled her cheek and replied that each balloon cost a penny but she would sell her all the balloons for ten pennies. Samara was really pleased as by chance she happened to have exactly ten pennies about her at that time. She happily told the woman that she wanted all the balloons and held out all her money. The woman took the money and handed her the entire bunch of balloons carefully. In a very serious tone she told Samara that Samara was the rightful owner of the balloons and that they'd always remain with her. With these words, the woman vanished into thin air leaving Samara extremely scared. She rushed off to her home. On the way, she saw a little boy crying under a tree. Scared as she was, she walked over to him and asked him what the matter was. He told her that his favourite white puppy had died. She felt sorry for him and wished she could help him. Instantly, a breeze blew which ruffled one white coloured balloon in her bunch. She decided to give him that white balloon to cheer him up. To her surprise, the moment she held out the balloon for him two more balloons popped into her bunch from nowhere. The boy, however, did not seem to notice. He took the balloon from her sadly. The moment he took it in his hand, it turned instantly into a white coloured puppy. He cuddled the puppy and addressing her as a little fairy thanked her again and again for giving his pup back. He then ran off to his home. Samara couldn't believe her eyes. She thought about leaving the balloons but remembered that the woman had said the balloons would always be with her. She walked on futher and was met by an old woman who was sitting on a bench and crying. She asked the old woman what was wrong and the old woman said that she worked as a servant at a rich man's house and by mistake she had swept out a diamond ring from the house. Her master had ordered her to search for the ring and bring it back by afternoon or he would fire her and turn her out of her house. She had searched and searched but couldn't find the ring anywhere and it was nearing afternoon. Samara felt really sad and prayed that she could help her. Just at that instant one gray coloured balloon in her bunch started flapping as if a breeze were blowing. She decided to give that balloon to the old woman. Once again, the moment she handed out the balloon to the old woman, two more balloons appeared in her bunch. However, the old woman did not notice. She sadly took the balloon and it instantly changed into a diamond ring. Just like the boy, the old woman also thanked her and called her a fairy and finally after hugging her went to her master's house. Samara felt puzzled and scared at what was happening but she still did not leave the balloons. When she reached home, her mother was very upset because the red gown she had wanted to wear to an evening party that day had somehow got torn. Samara wished she could help her mother and just then one red balloon in her bunch was tossed around as if by some unseen force. She held out the balloon to her mother and two more balloons immediately popped into her bunch. However, her mother was so worried she did not notice it. The moment her mother took the balloon it turned into her red gown. She was happy and surprised. She asked Samara about the balloon and Samara told her everything about the beautiful woman who had sold her the balloons and the words she had said. Her mother understood that Samara had met a fairy who had granted her wish of making everyone around her happy. She explained all this to her daughter and told her that she was an angel sent by God to make everyone around her happy. From that day onwards, Samara always took her balloons with her and kept helping people around her. People used to call her ''The Balloon Fairy''. With her magical balloons, Samara and everyone around her lived happily ever after.

© 2015 Bushra Naqshbandi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A beautiful story, pure Fairy Tale feel.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bushra Naqshbandi

9 Years Ago

Thank you! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

314 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 25, 2015
Last Updated on February 25, 2015

Author

Bushra Naqshbandi
Bushra Naqshbandi

Srinagar, Kashmir, India



About
An ardent admirer of Jane Austen, J.K. Rowling, Agatha Christie, Enid Blyton and Rick Riordian. Want to grow as a writer and become popular with the masses. :) more..

Writing