Uncertainty

Uncertainty

A Poem by *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
"

Bleh...I'm not sure where I plan to go with this so I'm letting my heart do the writing for me.

"

Sounds of guns blaring

Battling wars never silent.

Emotions shake, rattle and roar

Like an earthquake, inside my mind.

 

My heart aches for the truth

As I plead for the answers

To the burning questions

I keep holding within.

 

Where do I go from here?

Which path will lead me

To the right place of existence

Into the deep feelings of "I belong"?

 

I have made my sacrifices

My heart held up for the Gods

As I dangle upon this life's thread

Picking up what is left of me.

 

 

© 2011 *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have a knack of whipping out my guitar and straight-off playing for (and singing) any verse or words I like.. this poem is one of those moments.. to me it's a song.. I simply love it BK :) with a few modifications, you know, without tampering with the essence, it'd be a perfect song.. I should know, cz I'm singing it already! lol I've got nothing more to say of it.. thanks for penning and sharing :) rock on compadre!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Effector Prime

9 Years Ago

it goes like this on guitar

Sounds of guns blaring
Battling wars never silent.read more
Ahh the verY never ending cross roads of life. Penned.very.well full of.thought amd emotion

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a smooth exploratory poem of the age old question: Where is my place in this world. Nothing specific stood out to me in this piece; I just like the poem as a whole. Good work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


' Like an earthquake inside my mind," A very strong poem, excellent write:-)

Posted 12 Years Ago


A strong poem. Many questions were open up in the poem. Some questions have many answers. No-one wants to hear them.
"Where do I go from here?
Which path will lead me
To the right place of existence
Into the deep feelings of "I belong"?"
Many decisions for us to make. Sometime need to find the road where we can find peace. A strong ending to a excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sometimes a question alone is more powerful than any statement. You present your uncertainty and question poetically which magnifies the intensity of it and the need for it. Some find the answer to this and most don't. I still would love to gather kindred souls around me as unconditional lifelong friends but I haven't found that.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very strong and really a powerful solid write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love genuine poems about genuine feelings and genuine questions. This poem feels raw and pure, not in a bad way, but in an honest way. I relate very much to the questions that are apparently bothering you in this poem.
In my opinion, coming from experience, we need to learn to be satisfied and even excited by the fact that there will always be questions unanswered. It is the infinite nature of the universe. We never reach a place where all our questions are answered and all our fears are banished. That simple truth can either drive us crazy or give us peace. It all depends how we experience it. For as long as we project a fantastical place or time in the future (or harp on memories of such a place or time in the past), where all questions are answered and one finally 'belongs', that is what it will always be - something still to come or something already passed. The only way to live in that 'place' is to realize that we are already there, right now. Only by making peace with the present, with the reality that answers only raise more questions (that's not a bad thing, it just means we'll always have something to live for), will we be able to truly 'belong'.
That's my 2 cents worth :)
Thanks for a great poem, you never cease to impress me :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Uncertainty is a part of life. Every day we go about discovering something new in the age old routine we call our lives. Not that we are always successful in doing that.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice! =)

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

858 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 11, 2011
Last Updated on November 11, 2011

Author

*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*

Somewhere between TN and NYC, TN



About
My name is Anna Rose... what can I say about myself? I'm 20 learning to live on my own, trying to escape from a dark part of my life. Been writing my heart since I was able to write. I write whate.. more..

Writing