A Bottle Of Wine With Charlie Brown

A Bottle Of Wine With Charlie Brown

A Story by *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
"

Came to me as I am sitting here sipping on a glass of wine and watching Charlie Brown

"

Charlie Brown...I have come to know you as my dearest friend. So young at heart but by now probably much older than me today.

 

As I sip on this small glass of wine I cannot help but wonder of the conversations and chats that we could possibly have if you were of reality and not just a simple minded cartoon. We could talk of the world and current events or share the similarities of what you and I share in our bittersweet discouragements of life and the surrounding faults as we continue to be called out by the people in our lives, especially by those we call friends. 

 

We get so caught up in the spiderwebs of deepest depression and own thoughts that we make attempts to push away and think of things that we should never take for granted in our lives, lucky to have them within our reach. Another failure. We forever contemplate in wonderment of when it might be our turn to shine...to break through this gooey sticky mold of our sadness. A chance to finally win and succeed.

 

We choose to want to understand these thoughts, digging our own graves just a little deeper until we can no longer reach the top of this vast melancholy hillside and try move forward when in the end the football just gets removed from the hands of our attempt to kick it in the air just another attempt to  have a chance at winning, score some kind of goal.

 

Our faults will always be shown, misery forever stands out to the world. And we will always be poitned in laughter at being down in the dumps when we are just searching...yearning for our chance just like everyone else.

 

Oh Charlie Brown, we are similiar in what we both face as you stand there waiting for a chance to be loved by a mailbox from a cute redheaded girl that will never make you happy. Take a chance with me, Charlie Brown...what we could share might be an adventure of a lifetime and finally a chance to succeed in life.

© 2011 *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*


Author's Note

*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
Nothing special, I may be a tad drunk from too many lost loves but it seems I have a slight crush on a cartoon....good grief.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good story...I always liked Charlie Brown and the gang...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Charlie Brown was always kind. He never made quick decisions. He was a good character. I like how you used Charlie Brown in the poem. I wonder if he grew up. Would he be the same person? I like the ending to the amazing poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love this Anna Rose, very simple and sweet but yet deep and strong. I like the paradox and mix. The bridging you use from the themes to life draws the complexity of this character out and shows him to be endearing. I had fun reading this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nicely penned, well written and really creative.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I remembered when Snoopy aired on international television, I was just a grade schooler at that time. I have known Charlie Brown since I was a child to be intelligent and tactical. Now, your letter/story should have been mailed to his creator when he was alive. A simple and adorable puppy love

Posted 12 Years Ago


I enjoyed this one, nice:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awesome! =)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was amazingly refreshing and delightful. I loved it. I never thought about such a story before but this was divine.

Posted 12 Years Ago


cool write...
you're really passionate about this cartoon, aren't you?

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this. It has a nostalgic, melancholy humour. Especially with the note at the end. Apart from the forlorn giggles that this evoked in me, one thing stood out:

"We get so caught up in the spiderwebs of deepest depression and own thoughts..."

This resonates the concept that too many of us are trapped in our heads, unable to appreciate the beauty of life. Is it such a complex task to simply let go of the spiderwebs in which we feel tangled and allow ourselves to simply be, to simply enjoy the process?

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

944 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 26, 2011
Last Updated on November 26, 2011

Author

*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*

Somewhere between TN and NYC, TN



About
My name is Anna Rose... what can I say about myself? I'm 20 learning to live on my own, trying to escape from a dark part of my life. Been writing my heart since I was able to write. I write whate.. more..

Writing