Sweet Moments Like These

Sweet Moments Like These

A Story by Broken Hearted Faux

Visiting my aunt in West Orion never appealed to me over the summertime, but as I grew older, I grew a want to see her after so long. I was a college kid in Clanton Valley, OH, and spring break freedom had begun.

 

I nearly sprinted to my car once the last bell rang, and my long legs allowed few steps and lesser time to reach it. It was parked next to my girlfriends, a pink, convertible Mustang with eyelashes on the lights.

 

She was already at her car, leaning against the hood, arms over her chest with the adorable smile I had fallen in love with the day I met her. She had her favorite jeans on with some metal band logo on the front of her black tee shirt. Her black boots had the ends of her jeans tucked neatly inside, hugging her ankles perfectly. She wore mascara, some eyeliner and lip-gloss.

 

My eyes caught overhead towards a storm as I scooped her into my arms and gave her a warming kiss. She smiled against my lips and looked up at me as I broke it.

 

“Aren’t you cold, Stacy?” I sat besides her, slipping my jacket around her.

 

She took a moment to breathe it in and smiled to herself before answering me. “A little. You sure you won’t be needing this, Jake?”

 

I smiled and shook my head. “Nah, we have a kicking warm car and a train ride to keep us warm.”

 

My answer caught her off guard. “We?” She raised a brow and looked me in the eyes. “Where are you going with this?”

 

I had to chuckle at her innocence. “Yes we. I got you and I train tickets. I was going to go up to see aunt Becky in West Orion. I thought you’d like to join me.”

 

Tears welt up in Stacy’s eyes and as the sun started to set in the horizon, her red hair started to look aflame. She tackled me down against the hood and hugged me tightly, face buried in my chest.

 

“Yes! I wanna go with you, Jake. Just us. Together,” She grinned, wiping her tears as she met my gaze. She kissed my jaw and then got up, allowing me to as well.

 

I twined our hands and watched as she leaned against me, “Let’s get you home and park your car. We can take mine to the station. You can pack while I grab my things from home. I’ll pick you up around 8 in the morning okay?”

 

We kissed gently and she purred, “Sounds perfect.”

 

After a short 30 min drive to my apartment I threw my clothes into the hamper and grabbed a towel, leaving to the shower. I had to smile when I held it to my nose to itch it, noticing the faint scent of Stacy’s perfume on it.

 

The smile was plastered to my face through the shower and as I got dressed. While putting on my sweatpants I picked up my picture frame with us in it, hanging out at the beach. Stacy’s arms were around my neck; her chin on my head as my back was leaned into her and I was lying back, between her legs, ankles tied around my waist. She had on her blue bikini that day; showing off her newly tanned legs and the sparrow tattoo on her left ankle. I had on my old black swimming trunks and it was an intense contrast with my white skin and blonde hair. I had let it grow out back then, and it had gotten shaggy.

 

Sadly I had lost it in a bet with Stacy in poker. Now my poor buzz cut head could feel the cold breeze outside as the draft came in through the crack. Shivering, I closed it and then climbed into bed, closing my eyes I started to drift into a relaxing sleep when I heard a knock on my door.

 

Groaning, I threw the covers off and rubbed at my face, leaving to it. My drowsy eyes didn’t stop me from tripping over my shoes and my face smacked into the door before I peeked into the eyehole. My heart skipped a beat when I saw Stacy standing nervously on the other side, biting her lip as her arms were behind her back.

 

A smile crept onto my lips as I undid the bolt and opened the door. She smiled shyly at me as she waved, biting her lip again, “H-hey Jake.”

 

I raised a brow curiously at her, “Hey. What’s up? It’s nearly 11. Why are you here?”

 

She rubbed at her neck and blushed. “W-well…it’s so lonely at home and…the scent of your cologne faded off of my pillow…so I can’t sleep…”

 

My smile warmed as I lead her inside, kissing her forehead. “You can stay the night here. Where’s your stuff?”

 

“The trunk of my car. I parked it next to yours in the lot.” She twined our fingers as I brought her through the apartment and to the bedroom, after kicking aside my shoes.

 

I climbed into bed, as usual, and watched her go to my dresser and strip down, slipping on one of my old, large tee shirts from high school days. She scooted in beside me and snuggled close, head rested on my shoulder, legs twined with mine. She yawned cutely before burying her freckled face into my collarbone and her blue eyes slowly drifted off to sleep.

 

Her snores were like puppy dog snores, quiet yet adorable. I wrapped my arm around her slim body and stroked her stomach with my thumb, feeling her feet rub against my own, sending a wave of pleasure through my body.

 

I kissed her cheek gently, closing my eyes as I rested my head back onto the pillow. With a deep sigh I relaxed and realized: some people never get sweet moments like these.

© 2013 Broken Hearted Faux


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is beautiful. Just...beautiful and sweet. You are a very talented storyteller!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Oh.My.Gosh. This is amazing! This is very well written, with a good meaning at the end! So sweet and cute, I absolutely love it!! My favourite part would have to be when she says his cologne had faded off her pillow, adorable!! You are very talented, awesome story!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow. So amazing!! The ending was on point and so perfectly fit. Great job

Posted 10 Years Ago


Broken Hearted Faux

10 Years Ago

Thank you ^^
This... This is breathtaking.

" I kissed her cheek gently, closing my eyes as I rested my head back onto the pillow. With a deep sigh I relaxed and realized: some people never get sweet moments like these."

Amazingly done. :) It's a very well written, sweet story. ^_^ The ending was perfect!! Most romance I don't go for, but this has such a different feel to it. It's simple and beautiful. I love it. Great work!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Broken Hearted Faux

10 Years Ago

*blush* g-gee well...thanks ^^'' guess writer's block helps you make the best stories
aw, this was so sweet!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Broken Hearted Faux

10 Years Ago

thanks ^^
I love this

Posted 10 Years Ago


Broken Hearted Faux

10 Years Ago

Thankies ^^
Wow I love this. Just an amazing write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Broken Hearted Faux

10 Years Ago

Thankies ^^''
Death Girl

10 Years Ago

your welcome
I don't know what to say but nice write

Posted 10 Years Ago


Broken Hearted Faux

10 Years Ago

Thanks
Rhianne Ney

10 Years Ago

Welcomezz
Paragraphs should be indented. Hahah that pink car in the beginning! I love it.
You do a great job showing the love between Stacy and Jake.
This has to be one of the best romances I've read, truly touching. The fact that you made this nonsexual, and focused on the actual realtionship is what makes this really stand out. Those who have ever been in love will be able to connect, and those who haven't will dream of times like this. Great story

Posted 10 Years Ago


Broken Hearted Faux

10 Years Ago

Thanks ^^'' and yeah I'm well aware that the paragraphs should be indented but I write so many that .. read more
Imara

10 Years Ago

That's one of the perks of writing you can be like screw you modern rules :) The indentation doesn't.. read more
Broken Hearted Faux

10 Years Ago

x3

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 15, 2013
Last Updated on April 30, 2013

Author

Broken Hearted Faux
Broken Hearted Faux

Salt Lake City, UT



About
Hello, the name's Lexy I've been on and off from Writerscafe between life and inspiration. I was once a dedicated writer, always with a pencil in my hand and a notebook by my side no matter whe.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Broken Hearted Faux