Reaching For the Stars Through Iron Bars

Reaching For the Stars Through Iron Bars

A Story by C.A. Lucas
"

My input on the modern world and how sick and twisted it is... how I can do nothing.

"
The earth is beautiful.  The majesty of the trees.  The smell of the sweet grass.  The song of the cricket.  The vastness of the sky.  The silky texture to the gentle streams, and the ultimate power of raging rivers.  So many things to enjoy, with only a few things to worry about, or dislike.  Limitless land to explore.  Anything to create.  Everything to accept.  Many things to love.
But an unfortunate amount of that is gone.  We humans have evolved and mentally grown too much, our fault or not.  Now we cut down those majestic trees, now we trample the sweet-smelling grass, now we silence the bugs' soft songs, now we invade the limitless sky, now we throw rough rubbish in the gentle streams, and now we overpower those sublime rivers.
It makes us nature-lovers hearts ache to compare these pictures.  To compare these words.  If only we could overpower the force of impossible and simply clear out everything that we have structured and established.  If only we could revive what we have destroyed.  If only we weren't so lazy as to tell everyone, "Do your part, do something small, and it will have a chain reaction."  We are lying to ourselves.  We're saying that one woman or man cannot do something as big as what we want to.  No, we have to start out by collecting trash in our neighborhood, or putting up signs saying TURN YOUR LIGHTS OFF.  Why not let one non-lazy person (which is hard to find these days) go to the extremes?  Why not?  Just start asking yourselves, "Why not?"  I'm not promising you it will help.  But at least it will make you feel better, feel you lived a more noble life.
Anyway, it's not just the pollution of the earth, but our minds and souls.  And that is what makes our destruction permanent.
So basically, I'm saying that the world is messed up and there is nothing to do about it.  Although there still is hope.  Hope that we can enjoy our little portion of nature.  Go hiking or camping or even just a small nature stroll.  Pay attention.  Enhance your senses.  Breathe in and out.  Think only of nature and love.  Then you, yourself, can realize the majesty of the trees, smell the sweet smell of the grass, hear the song of the cricket, soak in the vastness of the sky, feel the silky texture to the gentle stream and endure the ultimate power of the raging rivers.  And this time, think  "So many things to enjoy, limitless land to explore.  Anything to create.  Everything to accept.  Many things to love."  But do not think of the things to worry about, because that will only bring you back to reality.

© 2012 C.A. Lucas


Author's Note

C.A. Lucas
As you can see, I really have some problems with modern times. But I just enhance nature if I get too upset :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a great piece with excellent imagery! Don't worry, I do the same thing! I always revert to descriptions. I do have one minor thing: under the picture of the cars and strees, the first sentence says: "...to compare THIS pictures." I think you meant: "...to compare THESE pictures." I know, I'm really nitpicking now! However, you have great potential! Your works are so fluid and well-written! I'm sure I'll be seeing some of your pieces in on the Bestseller's list! Excellent work! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 19, 2012
Last Updated on September 3, 2012

Author

C.A. Lucas
C.A. Lucas

My Life, The World As I Perceive It



About
Hello fellow visitor! I welcome you to my WritersCafe profile! If you want to read my writing- stories, poems, maybe a book, then browse and see which title interests you. If you want to know more abo.. more..

Writing