The Beginning

The Beginning

A Story by C.A. Lucas
"

An interesting perspective on how the universe was made. Completely fiction, but also interesting!

"
(I ask you to please try to not categorize the Elements with Male or Female. That gets too confusing and none of these elements have a gender)

How  the  Universe  was  Made:

Indescribable.  Indescribable  is  the  only  word  that  can  hardly  describe  the  blackness  and  nothingness  of  the  Beginning.  And  vastness.  What  the  Beginning  was  like  can  make  your  head  spin.  There  was  nothing-  not even  nothing.  Black,  limitless  space  didn't  exist.  There  was  nothing,  not  even  space  or  matter  or  time.  Time  is  the  most  confusing  thing  of  it  all,  because  that  didn't  exist  either-  until  the  speck  came.
Where  it  came  from,  nobody  knows.  Only  that  it  appeared  quite  suddenly,  and  that  it  had  a  weak  gleam  of  light  (that  would  have  seemed  quite  bright)  protruding  all  around  it.  The  speck  was  white,  about  as  tiny  as  a  millionth  of  the  smallest  thing  that  ever  existed.  But  it  might  have  seemed  quite  large.
It  grew.  How  it  grew  is  not  something  anybody  could  ever  figure  out,  but  it  did.  Very  slowly.  It  got  about  a  trillionth  of  a  millimeter  larger  every  decade.  Though,  perhaps  it  would  seem  quite  fast.  Anyway,  the  speed  of  that  speck  accelerated  and,  by  the  time  it  was  almost  as  big  as  it  could  get,  it  was  growing  rapidly.  When  the  white,  sparkly  ball  of  light  stopped  growing,  it  started  turning,  and  just  like  when  it  grew,  the  turning  accelerated  and  the  ball  was  soon  spinning  very  fast  (for  that  time-  it  would  probably  seem  slow  to  you  now,  but  perhaps  it  would  seem  quite  fast).
Now,  you  must  remember  that  this  was  before  physics  and  time  were  truly  developed,  so  what  happens  next  is  possible.  The  ball  of  light,  like  I  said,  was  white  and  spherical.  It's  insides  seemed  to  be  made  of  pure  light,  but  the  outside  was  a  sugar-like  shell  that  sparkled  over  that  powerful  light.  There  were  about  eight  holes  carved  into  the  shell of  the  light.  Therefore,  it  let  out  beams  of  light  somewhat  like  spotlights.  When  it  turned,  the  lights  moved  with  it.  But,  since  this  is  the  beginning  of  the  entire  existence  of  existence,  the  lights  moved,  and  sometimes  were  left  behind-  they  stopped  moving  while  the  ball  still  spun.  And  the  light behind  it  would  clash  with  it.  It  was  during  those  moments,  when  the  lights  collided,  that  created  our  universe.

You  see,  when  the  lights  merged,  they  created  an  Element.  It  was  a  different  Element  each  time.  The  lights  created  half  of  what  now  exists  in  the  universe.  The  rest-  or,  what  we  have  now-  was  made  from  the  effect  of  those  Elements  and  Gases  living  together  and  mingling.  The  top,  most  important  and  powerful  Elements  were  Water  and  Fire.  They  were  somewhat  like  two  rulers  who  loathed  each  other  and  fought... without  contact.  Fire  and  Water  were  both  frightened  of  what  might  happen  if  they  collided. 
Water  was  the  kind  of  Element  that  is  happy  and  content,  peaceful and  powerful,  curious  and  adventurous.  Water  was  very  satisfied  with  what  it  did  to  things.  Water  was  glad  that  it  didn't  destroy  or  ruin,  like  Fire.  Fire  was  raging  and  mad.  It  only  wanted  to  create,  when  all  it  did was  destroy.  Fire  was  plain  frustrated,  and  Water  just  made  everything worse.  Fire  loathed  Water  because  Water  was  harmless,  and  not  to mention,  creative. 
They  both  wanted  to  touch.  Fire  wanted  to  see  what  it  could  do   with the  help  of  Water.  And  Water  was  very  curious.  It  was  probably  one  of  the  most  curious  elements  of  them  all.
For  a  long  time,  Fire  and  Water  danced  around  in  the  black  world  shaped by  light.  Their  souls  were  free  to  roam  and  communicate  with  each  other,  but  their  physical  form  was  too  scared.
One  day,  Fire  had  waited  long  enough.  For  too  long  he'd  been  testing what  he  could  do  with  Elements  other  than  Water,  and  none  of  the experiments  did  anything,  unless  it  was  destroy  the  other  Element.  So Fire  searched  for  Water  to  tell  Water  of  his  misfortune.  When  they  met, Fire  told  Water and  Water  patiently  listened.  So  they  resentfully  agreed  to  collide.
Water  moved  and  stuck  out  a  little  stream.  Fire  moved  forward  and formed  a  mid-sized  flame.  They  both  moved  forward  slowly,  waited  for the  pain,  and...
One  of  Fire's  flames  licked  a  drop  of  Water.
They  couldn't  believe  what  happened.  Fire,  most  of  all.  By merely touching,  Fire  and  Water  had  made  a  Rock.
So  they  touched  more.  The  Rocks  grew  in  size  whenever  they  merged in  larger  quantities.  They  made  huge  Rocks  and  tiny  Rocks  and  medium-sized  Rocks  and  absolutely  enormous  Rocks.  To  perfect  the  Rocks,  Water would  circle  the  outside  and  rub  off  the  little  particles.  They  could  only do  that, though,  after  the  ball  of  Light  had  made  Friction.  Fire  and  Water took  advantage  of  their  powers  and  Light's  creation,  Friction.   They  called the  Rocks:  Planets.  Fire  and  Water  (and  Friction)  made  countless,  perfectly  circular  Planets,  and  when  Light  made  Gravity,  Fire  and  Water decided  to  invite  Gravity  to  help  put  it  in  their  Planets.  Sometimes  Water would  make  hills  and  canyons  in  the  Planets  and  when  Water  went overboard,  Fire  was  happy  to  create  more  Rock  on  the  Planet  so  Water could  shape  it  better.
Fire  had  finally  found  something  he  could  create.  He  and  Water  had  a  special  connection.  They  worked  in  sync,  flowing  smoothly  and coordinating  perfectly.  Water  was  content,  too.  So  was  Friction.  Light  was  proud  of  himself  for  making  his  Elements  and  proud  of  the  Elements themselves  for  making  Light's  universe.  They  were  all  happy,  at  least most  of  them  were.  Sometimes  Forces  of  all  kinds  would  make  Fire  and  Water's  Planets  crash  into  each  other  and  they  would  get mad,  but  there  were  so  many  Planets.  So  everything  was  perfect.
Together,  the  Elements  of  Light  created  our  Universe.

© 2012 C.A. Lucas


Author's Note

C.A. Lucas
This is not my real theory, but I just came up with it one day and thought it would be interesting.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

very good

Posted 11 Years Ago


C.A. Lucas

11 Years Ago

thank you
I can't believe you're 11!!! This is really well written. Its such a cute storie and it ties up so nicely. I really enjoyed it!! Thank you for posting it up for us to enjoy!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


C.A. Lucas

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your nice comment, I appreciate it. I had a good time writing this.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 22, 2012
Last Updated on September 3, 2012

Author

C.A. Lucas
C.A. Lucas

My Life, The World As I Perceive It



About
Hello fellow visitor! I welcome you to my WritersCafe profile! If you want to read my writing- stories, poems, maybe a book, then browse and see which title interests you. If you want to know more abo.. more..

Writing