LUCIDITY

LUCIDITY

A Story by A.L. Chan
"

be wondered

"
It was the worst dream my demented thoughts could project. It was a dream that left me wondering if I was really dreaming. I could not tell for I was bewildered by what is real and what is not. I have dreamed of watching myself sleep. I was watching from a distance, as if my room grew. I was worried, marveled and terrified all at the same time. Specifically, because all my relatives were beside my bed. They were the souls of dead relatives. As I stood still with great fear of what might happen next ; my dead uncle approached me and spoke with his ghostly voice as he embraced me and said,"I will save you". He continued to walk past me and spoke to Death who was suddenly behind me.
They spoke as if they were old friends. He said to him, "Let the boy sleep my old friend; let him sleep but not rest." I suddenly woke up realizing that I almost died. I was lucid.

© 2015 A.L. Chan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a powerful little text, isn't it? You du very much with very little space, and sure made me fear for the lead's life. Liked it short, but would also have liked it if it had been a little longer.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
1 Review
Added on February 28, 2015
Last Updated on February 28, 2015
Tags: #lucid #dreams #mystery #mercy

Author

A.L. Chan
A.L. Chan

Dreams, Adventure, Philippines



About
I have stories to tell. Stories that you might find swell. but before you read my stories. a fair warning for the adventure and thrills you may encounter. be well and be kind .. more..

Writing