Chapter 3: Dragon Academy

Chapter 3: Dragon Academy

A Chapter by Kane

When we landed, Alice and I walked towards a cab and Alice told him the directions (I didn’t forget the luggage, who do you think I am?) When we stood in front of the gates, I saw so many students walking around and my first thought was: Dang, that’s a big school with many students. [That’s pretty big.] Oh really? And by the way, why didn’t you say anything until now? [I was preoccupied, while you were flying, I removed 4 more seal layers but in the end, all I can do is making you remember high level spells.] Oh great, I’ll need it. [You will this is a magician school. They will ask you high level stuff.] Ok, thanks. After my talk with Ray, I followed Alice through the gates and saw that we were attracting attention. “Well, goodbye normal life. Alice, why is everyone staring at us?” “Well, I don’t know.” “Oh great, guess it’s my hair.” “Could be, but let’s just go to the principle to receive your dorm key.”

After I met the principle who was an old man I mean really old, even older than Gandalf. I went to the dorms with a crude map Alice had drawn me which was pretty easy to understand. I stopped in front of my room and unlocked the door. I entered the room and felt sick. I closed my eyes and then opened them and saw a beautiful room which had an alien ware computer as well as a laptop from the same type, a closet, a king sized bed and everything else I needed. I walked towards the closet and unpacked. Toiletries went to the bathroom which was connected to my room, clothes into the closet and books into the shelf. After I had unpacked, I walked out with a basketball because I recalled seeing a basketball court. I went out of the dorm and walked towards the court. I saw a basket which wasn’t occupied and put my basketball down. Why you ask, because, I warmed up my body by running some laps and jumping a bit. So after I warmed up, I threw some hoops, not giving it my all. Once three minutes had passed, I started doing some lay-ups. At first at 10% speed, then 20 and then 30 and so on. By a hundred percent speed, I started using crossovers, rollings and so on. People started noticing me but I didn’t care. Once I was in the mood, I ignore my surroundings. I just saw some imaginary players in front of me and used different moves to avoid them. Other people, who were playing, stopped and looked at me. Somebody tapped me on the shoulder and I stopped playing. I looked at him and asked: “What?” “I asked, if you want to play 1 on 1,” he replied. “Sure. So make it take it? Street ball rules?” “Yeah, if you can,” he replied and at once I noticed that he and I wouldn’t fit together. We started the game by shooting for ball. I missed, and so, he got to have the ball first. I defended and he couldn’t penetrate so he was forced to shoot. I blocked his shot and took the ball. After I took the ball, I started a drive at 10% speed. He was in front of me like I had predicted and so I did a crossover through the legs and changed my pace to 70% speed. He couldn’t keep up and so I scored a point with a lay-up. After 10 more of those situations, I won and he looked at me with disgust. “Dang it, beat by a blue haired wanna be boy who resembles a monster.” Everyone was shocked at his exclamation and I just looked at him curiously. Then I heard footsteps behind me but didn’t turn around. I knew the sound; suddenly Alice slapped the boy in front of me and said: “At least admit defeat like a man, Eric.” “Ha, what’s the school idol and prodigy doing here at a mediocre match?” “As you can see, quite a lot of students have gathered and Kaizer here came back with me.” “Oh, is he your guy?” “Nope, but he saved my life which you could never have done, beaten a Hydra single-handed, as if.” “Uhm, Alice? Would you mind stepping a bit to the side? You’re standing on my foot and your shoes are painful.” “Oh my god, I’m so sorry Kaizer,” she said and raised her foot so that I could remove mine. “So, what did he kill to save you? A dragon?” Everyone laughed at the latter question and I looked around to see a LOT of students. “No, something less dangerous, but you’ll find out soon anyway. Come on Ray, I’ll show you around.” And with that, she walked away. I started pitying Eric but still followed Alice because she had this Aura around her. Everyone looked at me as if I were an Alien. I just silently followed Alice and walked towards the main school building. She showed me around with a smile on her face but I could tell that she was mad and Ray also said: [You my friend; are an idiot.] And with that statement, he was gone.

Monday came and with that my first school day. Sunday I had just looked around the city next to Dragon academy and noticed that everyone was aware that magic was practiced there. Well enough of that, I’ll tell you what happened on my first school day at Dragon academy. So, the teacher introduced me to class and I had to answer annoying personal questions. After that, the lesson started and it seemed to be math’s so I just looked out of the window. The teacher noticed me doing that and exclaimed: “Mister Nova, I don’t care if you were brought here because of special reasons, if you are in my lessons, you will pay attention. So solve this problem please.” I looked at the board and said: “One fills in for x, 3 and so you get 3=4y/5. Then you multiply by 5 and you have: 15=20y. As the finishing touch, you divide by 20 and you get y=0.75.” The teacher looked at me bewildered and said: “Well if you knew the answer then why didn’t you raise your hand?” “Because, it’s a pain.” With that, she left me alone for the rest of the lesson and I went to a room, after asking for directions, in which I had magic classes. I entered the room and saw nothing. The room wasn’t dark but full of smoke. I looked at the smoke and groaned. I called forth the wind (the school rules didn’t say that I couldn’t use magic for things like this.) and blew the smoke through the hallway out of the building. An old man looked at me curiously and asked: “Did you do this?” “Yes, sir.” “And why in gods’ name did you do it?” “I hate smoke of any kind and smoke can take the ability to breathe because it fills your lungs.” “My god, you could’ve just been honest, you could’ve just said I find working in a room full of smoke as a pain.” I looked at him shocked. He knew exactly what I was thinking. “Well you must be the new student… Blue hair, invisible aura… a King eh?” “How did you know?” “Kings have invisible aura, because their aura cannot be seen by normal humans.” [He’s right. A very wise man I would say.]  “Well follow me; we have practical lessons today, target and casting practice.”

We walked onto a relatively wide and clear area and I saw the other students standing there. There were also target dummies and I looked around in a sight which I had required on Sunday that could see aura and beings invisible to the naked eye. I asked Ray for details but all he said was: [It’s the sight of a dragon.] I didn’t notice any secret so I just looked for a bit. Suddenly, the teacher made an announcement: “Alright class, first of all good morning. Now, I have to ask you, do you remember what I had told you last lesson? Yes? Good. So, you will be doing that in practical situations with time pressuring you. We’ll let mister Nova here, show it for the class.” Everyone was looking at me with pity in their eyes and I noticed that this teacher was hard to please. “Uhm, what am I supposed to do?” “Just cast any offensive spell at the dummy in ten seconds given time.” “What about materializing something at attacking?” “That belongs to close combat training.” “Okay, I’ll try.” Dang, this will be difficult, I thought. Yo Ray, a little help please? [Hm? Oh, sure. I’ll choose one for you.] Suddenly I remembered one spell particularly and said out loud: “I’m ready.” “Good, start casting… NOW!” Once I heard the signal, I started singing some words which I had heard for the first time but I just knew what they mean: “May the light guide you, may the sun burn you, thy fate has been chosen and you shall be executed, burn in the flames of hell, Regotnas.” With that, the training dummies burned and burned. “Great work, an offensive spell casted in less than a second which has burned the training dummies to ash.” Everyone started to murmur and some stared at the dummies. There was one thing which I couldn’t understand, why was there no smoke? [Its fire which uses the smoke as a fuel right after it is produced.] Ah, that explained a lot.

After I had gone through two periods of hell, I went to some kind of gym and was forced to enter… close combat training, these three words explain everything. I saw Alice exit the gym. I was considering if I should greet her since she was surrounded by girls who seemed to be her friends. Suddenly she walked towards me and the other girls followed. “Hello Kaizer, how are you?” “Hello Alice, fine and you?” “Fine as well, what lessons did you have?” “Magic by mister…” I looked at my plan and completed my sentence: “… Jackson” “My, I heard that he gives everyone hellish lessons but is very nice.” “Well, it’s not super difficult but I guess it seems that way.” Alice chuckled and I felt evil stares on me. From the girls I guess. I looked back at Alice and said: “Sorry, I have to go.” “Okay, bye.” With those words we parted and I walked into the gym. I waited for some time and looked at every object in the room. Swords, Spears, Halberds, Pole arms, Knives and other weapons which I couldn’t name were on racks and I saw more training dummies. “An incredible collection right?” I turned around and saw a pretty woman walking towards me. “Eh? Oh yes, miss um…” I looked at my plan again to complete the sentence, “… Loki.” “Incredible, you knew who I was without me having to introduce myself. But tell me, how did you know?” “Well, your aura is incredibly… silent. I compared the auras of all the students and teachers I have seen till now and the students had… wild auras but the teachers the more silent ones.” “Ha, hearing the words of the executioner himself, I seem to be lucky.” “I guess there was a report stating everything?” “You guess correct. Incredible intelligence and physical strength as well I would guess.” “Um, don’t tell me you want to test it out.” “Oh, I do but the principle won’t allow me to.” I sighed in relief and thought thank that old man. About a minute later, I saw the rest of my class entering the gym and looked at the faces of everyone in detail. Suddenly Miss Loki shouted: “Good morning class! First, I want you to grab a weapon like always and warm up!” “Yes ma’am,” everyone replied. I didn’t know what to do so I just ran laps while they grabbed weapons and then observed their warm ups. I looked at it and saw so many flaws that I was getting angry. What a pain, I thought, just run laps and then do some arm exercises. “Mister Nova, what are you doing? Please join in.” “Well, I would rather run some laps and do some arm exercises which saves time.” “Ho, you noticed.” Everyone looked depressed and stopped what they were doing. Some girl shouted: “Miss Loki, what are you saying?” “What I’m saying is I gave you unnecessary warm up exercises.” “What?” All shouted at the same time (well everyone except for me.) “Mister Nova here; has noticed the unnecessary things and is doing the only necessary things.” “But why did you do give us those unnecessary warm up exercises?” “Because, she wanted to test you, she wanted to know, how long it takes for you all to notice.” “Indeed, it seems, that having you here, has changed a lot of the lessons, just like the principle had said.” “Thank you, I guess.” “So, I want to fight against you even more.” “Wait, what?” Everyone made space and the teacher drew a katana from its scabbard. “Grab a weapon.” She said. “Do we have to do this? I’d rather not.” She didn’t answer and so I just sighed. “What a pain…” I muttered. “Why haven’t you grabbed a weapon yet?” “Because, I don’t want those mediocre weapons, you get a katana imbedded with all kinds of enchantments and I get a normal weapon? No, I am not doin’ that.” “Then will you fight against me bare-handed?” “Nope, I’m using my own blade.” Suddenly I concentrated all the winds around us into my right hand and made them burn. The flames disappeared and I had a sword in my hand. For the first time, I looked at it in detail and saw the blade gleam. It was plain black. In Dragons sight I saw the blade throbbing. The teacher had wide eyes at first but recovered quickly. I couldn’t say the same about the other students. I went into a natural stance and looked at her in Dragons sight. I saw a slight tension in her muscles and dodged the swing. Then, I held my blade in my left hand instead of the right and materialized a second blade. This blade was completely blue. It throbbed just like the black sword and I swung the black sword at Miss Loki. She dodged it and blocked a sideward slash with her katana. I smiled and turned the black blade and had her between the two blades like a pair of scissors having a piece of paper between them. I swung both of them to the ground and turned 180° around my own axis while in mid air and then lifted the blue blade. I feinted a diagonal slash and used the small reaction she gave to turn another 180° to bring up the black sword and swung side wards. She blocked the blow but I had expected that and used the block against her. She thought that she was in a safe position but she wasn’t. I turned once again another 360° and stood on my feet once again. Switching the grip on my sword so that the blade when held away from me, pointed outward, I slashed with the blue blade and then the black. She blocked one and used that to propel herself upward. I slashed upwards and calculated her landing place. I found it and used the wind to propel me towards the spot. Then Miss Loki landed on the spot and I held both blades to her neck. “Dead as one can be Miss Loki.” She chuckled and said: “Indeed, I have lost. You have won.”

Although I had won, I still went through formation training. It was time for lunch and I went to the cafeteria and I saw something unexpected.



© 2013 Kane


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on September 18, 2013
Last Updated on September 18, 2013


Author

Kane
Kane

Somewhere over there, Germany



About
I am a person who enjoys reading the work of other people but also like to try writing fantasy novels. Currently running series: None On Hiatus: Alcatraz, Yggdrasil, Fly like the bird you are,.. more..

Writing
Forests Forests

A Story by Kane


Something weird Something weird

A Chapter by Kane