Chapter 9: Emperor Dragon Vision and Queens

Chapter 9: Emperor Dragon Vision and Queens

A Chapter by Kane

I woke up next to the nine headed Hydra and sighed: Died again and still can’t find the answer Ray wants… I kept looking at the Hydra and strained my Dragon Sight. Then I had another idea, I linked my aura to the Dragon Sight and saw strings everywhere. The world was made up of strings and I saw just strings. The earth was made up of brown strings and the air out of white ones, the Hydras out of dark brown ones and the blades next to me were made out of different colored ones. I looked at my hand and saw all the fine little strings strung together. [Ah, you have acquired the Sorcerer Sight. It is incredibly useful for when you want to cast magic no other can cast but it isn’t like the Dragon Sight where you can use it forever, once you don’t have any magic powers within you anymore, it will disappear. But it is still not what I want you to have, you need to search harder.] I’m trying you know, I feel like I’ve been at it for months… [Two weeks actually, I don’t wish to be mean but you need to acquire this skill or it will not be there for you forever.] He disappeared from my thoughts again and I looked at the Hydra. I charged again and blacked out.

I was seeing a memory again. I looked at the memory and saw a big blue Dragon fight against a nine headed Hydra. The Dragon was hovering in the air and the Hydra looked at it. Then the Dragon suddenly dropped down to the Hydra and a head of the Hydra fell to the mossy ground. The Hydra suddenly looked disorientated and spewed elemental attacks everywhere. The Dragon was out of range but suddenly spewed a flame of its own which then burnt the Hydra to cinders.

I was back and looked around me… I died again. The ground around me was charred again and in front of me was the Hydra. I pondered about the dream and thought: Why did Ray show me this? I mean, it couldn’t have been just a random dream. I kept on thinking and then I remembered a very small detail; the color of the eyes of the Dragon, they had changed just before the Dragon flew at the Hydra. At first they were yellow but then turned red, blood red, like Rays eyes when I first met him. I thought of the things Dragons had which humans also had; an aura, a life force, magic, a body, etc. I went through a whole list and thought of things which could help me in my search for the answer. I then noticed that I hadn’t used my life force on my eyes yet, so I tried that out which took me a few hours. I finally had transferred some of my life force into my eyes and looked at the ground, I saw nothing. Just air under my feet and that was incredibly scary. I then looked at the Hydra and saw something amazing, a symbol over each head and each symbol was different. I looked at them and was surprised; one was fire, one a leaf, one a rock, one was a clump of dirt, one wind, one was water, one was lightning, one was a metal ingot and one was a brain. I looked at them all in Dragon Sight without supporting my eyes with life force and saw no difference. [Yes! You have finally achieved it! The Emperors Dragon Vision is what I call it. It allows you to see things which you want to see. You will now use it to kill that Hydra!] Ray shouted. I looked at the Hydra in the Emperors Dragon Vision (which I for conveniences sake will call the Blood Vision, yes because of the eye color one gets) and then went into Jester mode. The Hydra spewed fire at me but I dodged the attack and charged. I was at the Hydra and slashed through the neck, which connected the Brain symbol head with the body, with a transparent blade and phase walked away. The Hydra went amok like it did in the memory and I just dodged all of the elemental attacks and lopped off one head after the other. Once all the heads were off, the Hydra body stood there and I burnt the body and the heads once again. [Good, now that you have acquired the Blood Vision (See?) I will give you another task, I want you to perfect Jester mode and once you can do that, I want you to be able to turn into a half Dragon if we have the time.] What? Didn’t I perfect Jester mode already? [No you didn’t, Jester mode has three stages, first stage: The Clown, you’re on that one. The second stage: The Possessed and the third stage: The Joker. Once you reach the Joker you have perfected it.] And how do I reach these stages? [The possessed you will reach when you can kill the Hydra with ease and then suck up souls of an elf or a demon or both. The Joker though is different for every person and you will realize what you need to do by yourself.] WAIT! So I have to kill a Hydra with ease and then kill an elf, a demon or both and suck up the souls of the elf, demon or both? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THAT? [No, no, you will not have to kill the elf, demon or both; you can just suck up the souls of already dead ones or those who give their soul to you.] Hm, yeah, that makes it simpler, but one question remains: WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO FIND THOSE CREATURES? [The souls I have prepared for you so don’t worry. Just reach it quickly. I will give you a break for two days once again so have fun. I will be working on the seal again.] And poof, he was gone. I left the illusionary world and went back to the normal world.

I exited the training house and walked towards the school building. I was exhausted and walked to the cafeteria. I ate a meal and then went to my dorm room. I caught a first year running towards the gym and I caught him. “Why are you running towards the gym?” I asked him. Usually I wouldn’t do that but the school was empty so I was curious. “The principle called for all the students to go to the gym as soon as possible. I also went to the gym and saw the principle and Jack, Jake, Jett, Kennan and Mercedes standing next to him on a conjured platform. The principle said: “I will tell you honestly, this school has met a problem yesterday where many students were injured and the council doesn’t know why those monsters came to attack us. These Kings have helped us a lot but this is all they can do for now. We need to know where the problem comes from and�"” The principles announcement was halted by a cry which I knew all too well, three Hydras with nine heads stood there, above the roof of the gym which they had removed. Every student panicked and Jack, Jett, Jake, Kennan, Mercedes and the teachers attacked them only to be stopped by elemental attacks. I went into Jester mode and opened Blood vision. I summoned transparent blades and charged. I lopped of the heads with the Brain symbols and went out of range. Then I dodged elemental attacks and slashed head after head off. The Hydra bodies stood there and I burned them and the heads. I went out of Jester mode and closed Blood vision. I turned around to see everyone stare at me. Ray chuckled and then said: [You have met the Hydra qualification for the possessed stage. Now absorb the souls.] I felt a power in my body heat up my body. I just held my hand up in the air and saw Onyx fly above me. A flame engulfed me and turned into a flying creature. The creature burned away and then a hooded figure stood next to me. It disappeared and I felt a new power rise in me. [Now you have met all the qualifications for the possessed stage. You are now able to access the second stage of Jester mode.] I looked at my hands and saw something in Dragon sight, a winged robe wearing figure with a mask on. I looked at the others and saw Jake, Jett, Kennan, Mercedes and Alice run up to me. “How did you achieve the possessed stage?” Mercedes looked me. Kennan also looked at me but the others just stared at Mercedes. “I reached the Clown stage early on but the possessed stage I just achieved because of reasons Ray told me,” I answered. “What in god’s name is the possessed stage or the Clown stage?” Jett asked. They are stages in Jester mode which achieves perfection at the Joker stage.” “All of the first Kings could go to the Joker stage but only a few could use it perfectly. Jack looked at me curiously and then said: “So you found what Ray wanted you to find?” “Yeah, it was a special kind of Dragon sight. It was incredibly confusing. But tell me, what has been going on here?” I asked. Jake answered: “The school was attacked yesterday by the same monsters as on the day the school was attacked for the first time. They gave us a huge problem because you weren’t there.” I looked around in Blood vision and saw something which shouldn’t be in this school. A head was in the ground. I used the wind to bring it out of the ground and looked at it more closely. It was covered in enchantments and I heard Ray snort in disgust. I looked at the skull more closely and dropped the skull in disgust. I held Nova Abyss in my hands and burned the skull to ashes. I heard Alice cry out behind me but I ignored it and burnt the ashes as well. “Why did you do that?” Alice asked me. “It was a fallen Dragon’s skull riddled with enchantments for summoning of dark creatures.” I replied and then I pulled her away from the pile of ash ashes. “Stay away from that! If you get close, you will be riddled with those enchantments and so you will lose magical power hour by hour.” I explained. Alice looked at me with wide eyes but I just held her close to me and then phase walked away with her. She was surprised when she saw the third layer which made safe but quick travel possible. I then walked into my training house and back to the layer we came from. Alice looked at me with her mouth open but I closed her mouth with my hand and then entered the illusionary world with her and we were there alone with no Hydra. “I brought you here because we can talk here quietly and without anyone overhearing us. I will tell you something which I myself can still not believe but am accepting because Ray told me this.” I waited for her to say something but she didn’t say something so I continued: “You, Alice Underwood are apparently one of my Queens. Yes, Queens, I have more than one, apparently one human, one elf, one demon and one half Dragon. All because of my ancestors, but he isn’t sure.” Alice looked at me with wide eyes and I said: “If you want to say anything then tell me now because in a month and a few weeks I will be going to the familiar of Ray to go through tests.” “I am surprised and I want you to tell me something, do you want to believe in Ray’s words?” “I don’t know, his words are always correct and all he says is a fact. He knows things only Fate knows along with him. He is my ancestor and also a part of me. I don’t want to lie to myself and I feel like I want to believe Ray. I somehow want you to be my Queen but I’m not sure so I feel confused.” I told her that and she looked at me curiously. I stood up and then created an illusionary nine headed Hydra. Alice shrank back but I just went into Jester mode Clown stage and opened Blood Vision. I then attacked the Hydra but also kept on trying to enter the possessed stage. The Hydra dodged my small slash and then swiped its tail. I dodged the attack and tried to enter the possessed stage again. I then had an idea and changed my life force into a black robe and put it on. I felt a power surge through me. My hand lit up with an aura and I phase walked next to the Hydra. I let my hands clap together and then had a ball of light in my hands. I put more of my aura into it and then threw it at the Hydra. The ball flew towards it and then exploded once it touched the Hydra. The Hydra was not existent anymore and I looked at the ground where it had stood before it had disappeared. Alice looked surprised and all I did was changing my life force into wings and put them on my back. I then conjured another Hydra with nine heads and then in possessed stage type Demon, I used my hand to chop off the Brain Symbol head. After I had chopped off all the heads, I burnt the Hydra in possessed stage and then left Jester mode and closed Blood Vision. I sat down on the ground and looked around me. I saw Alice looking at me, but she didn’t say anything. I was still trying to find out, how I could possibly achieve the Joker stage. Hey Ray, how did you and Kaizer achieve the Joker stage? [I don’t know, it just happened and that was it.] What did you have but I don’t have that? [I had a Queen. Kaizer had a Queen, but that is it, there wasn’t much else.] Wait, I also have a Queen but she isn’t like bonded to me, were those Queens bonded to you? [Yes they were bonded to us, you bond to a Queen and its like marriage, just that Fate overlooks you and that you will hear the thoughts of the other when you do it successfully and when they want you to hear them. By me it was that when I died, my wife apparently felt a loneliness inside her which created a gap. By Kaizer, his wife died at the same time he died. I don’t know what will happen to you but let me tell you something: A Kings relationship towards his Queen is complicated so don’t overstep the boundaries you got that?] Yeah, I understand. [Oh yeah, you also share immortality and some of your skills between the two of you.] Wait, so my Queen will be half immortal like me and also be able to use some of my skills? Wow, that is incredibly useful when you need it. Ray chuckled at that thought and told me: [Now back to your Joker stage theory, if you are right, then you will achieve Joker stage if you bond with your Queen. Will you risk it?] I’ll ask her and tell her of the consequences. I went to Alice and told her my theory but also the consequences. She looked at me and smiled: “I will do it; as long as it can help you I will be fine with that.” I looked at her surprised and heard Ray chuckle lightly. What’s so funny? [I am just imagining the expressions on your faces when I tell you what you need to do to hold this ritual.] What do we need to do? [Kiss, you two need to kiss to seal the ritual and the bond.] Ray then laughed and I looked at Alice with a shocked face. “What’s wrong?” She asked me, I answered to that: “We need to kiss to seal the ritual.” She also had a shocked face and I heard Ray laugh even louder. I know some of you are going to be like; what is wrong with you two I mean it’s just a kiss right?, and yeah, it is just a kiss but it is a kiss which would seal the fate of both of us and I was incredibly inexperienced in that. Alice then looked at me and came closer, I looked her in the eyes and saw her nervousness but I then thought of how much she would do for me so I grabbed her and kissed her on the mouth. She shuddered in surprise but didn’t push me away. Then I felt a flame surround us two and looked up. I saw the flame changing into two crowns and then burning out. [Ah, the contract has been sealed.] Ray said and saw Alice look around in surprise. She can hear you? [Not only me, you too. It’s just a convenient side skill.] Alice looked at me and I said: “That is Ray, my ancestor and the King of Kings.” [Nice to finally be able to talk to you my dear new descendant, I am, as Kaizer said, Ray Walker and Kaizer’s ancestor. I will be supervising Kaizer’s training and now yours as well.] What? Alice looked at me surprised but I ignored the look and asked Ray: Why will she be training with us? [Are you dumb? Kaizer died because his Queen died and you will maybe die as well just because of your Queen. She also has some of your powers which gives me the possibility too train her like I train Kings just a bit more limited. She will be training with you in this world but your training starts tomorrow,] Ray replied and I looked at Alice. She then gave me a weak smile and said: “At least I won’t die so easily then.”



© 2013 Kane


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
Added on September 18, 2013
Last Updated on September 18, 2013


Author

Kane
Kane

Somewhere over there, Germany



About
I am a person who enjoys reading the work of other people but also like to try writing fantasy novels. Currently running series: None On Hiatus: Alcatraz, Yggdrasil, Fly like the bird you are,.. more..

Writing
Forests Forests

A Story by Kane


Something weird Something weird

A Chapter by Kane