Chapter 10: Failure and Travel

Chapter 10: Failure and Travel

A Chapter by Kane

I thought about the way of me being able to achieve the Joker stage whilst Alice fought against the Hydra but I kept looking at her and not concentrating on the task at hand. Alice was able to materialize my blades and to go into the Clown stage but not more. She couldn’t tap Onyx’s powers to phase walk or open Blood vision or even Dragon Sight. I watched her struggle to kill the seven headed Hydra and avoiding a lethal blow. I wanted to stand up and help her but I reminded myself that if I help her, she wouldn’t get better. Alice dodged a head and dodged another breath of fire. Suddenly I felt something in my mind screaming at me to concentrate at the task at hand. I turned away from the fight and kept on thinking for a way to achieve the Joker stage. I kept thinking of one way but I never found one. After hours and hours of frustrating search, I conjured a nine headed Hydra and killed it. I was frustrated and just couldn’t understand the reason why I couldn’t reach the Joker stage. I kept trying but always failed. I always thought of new ways to reach the Joker stage but they were always failures. Suddenly, Alice walked towards me with her knife raised. I phase walked away and held my blade at her throat and asked: “What’s this supposed to be? Are you going to kill me?” “No, I won’t kill you, I will crush you,” she replied. I phase walked away and saw a knife slashing through the air at the place I had stood. Ray chuckled and said: [Alice, you aren’t strong enough to assassinate a King. Only another King can assassinate a King who is awake or one of the Fallen.] Who are the Fallen? I asked. [The Fallen are the dark ´Kings´ so to say. They try to kill the Kings and with that Fate and so destroy the world. We the Kings just avoid them.] Will we meet them? [Oh yes, and you will also meet fallen Dragons,] Ray replied. I hissed in rage. “What are fallen Dragons, I heard you mention them a lot.” Alice asked. [The fallen Dragons are exiled Dragons who have gone towards the side against Fate. They can’t go to the Dragon realm and they are powerful. But they are very greedy.] “But why do you two hiss in rage when you speak of them?” [I am Fates best `friend´ so to say and also a friend of the Dragons. Kaizer hates them because he is bonded to a Dragon and also is partly Dragon.] Alice and I looked surprised. [Kaizer was a half Dragon and his Queen was a half Dragon. Well Kaizer your namesake. Oh yeah Kaizer, I noticed that you have problems with the Joker stage. Let us leave that as a failure for now and try to reach the Half Dragon form. It is just as strong as the possessed stage and you can go into Jester mode when you’re in that form.] I crunched with my teeth but agreed. [You can both rest for now. Two days, but after that we need to speed things up. We only have three weeks left. Alice and I left the illusionary world and then walked to the House of Light. I needed to visit Onyx and she needed to visit her familiar, a Norwegian Kamer with the name: Lillian. We were both pleasantly surprised to see Onyx sleeping with Lillian under his wings. I heard a rustling behind me and materialized a blade. I saw Jake with a red fur ball. It was a Koper and Jake was smiling when he saw us. “When did you two get back? Why did you kidnap Alice?” The last question was directed to me and so I answered: “We just got back and I `kidnapped´ Alice to explain her that she is my Queen and we have bonded.” Jake looked surprised and then grinned like an idiot. I turned back to Onyx and Lillian and saw that Onyx was actually awake. He chuckled and just looked at me. I just sighed and turned back around and grabbed Alice by her hand and dragged her out. She was surprised at first but then just smiled. I dragged her to the school building and we passed many first and second years. The third years had extra lessons, the time told me. I went to the cafeteria with Alice and we ate together. Then I heard a shout and turned towards the entrance just to see all of Alice’s friends and my classmates. The student council and all of the Kings were there as well. They all looked at me with hatred and Alice just chuckled. Ray though was nicer and laughed out loud (yes that was sarcasm). I just smiled and then cleaned up the tablets because Alice and I were finished. I went back to the table just to see that they didn’t welcome me. I just smiled and then saw the Kings looking at me with raised eyebrows. I went back out of the cafeteria and then up to my dorm room. I listened to some music on my cell phone and looked at the ceiling. The door opened and I looked at it. I saw Jake enter and Jack follow him and all I did was smile. “Why didn’t you phase walk in?” I asked Jake. “Because I would’ve had to leave Jack behind,” he replied. Jack grinned and then asked: “Why does Alice smell like you?” “I bonded with her, now she is my official King,” I answered. Jack smiled and then said: “Congratulations; must’ve been hard to tell her.” I felt Onyx looking at me from another layer and just chuckled. Then the door opened again and Jett, Kennan and Mercedes came in. “You know everyone hates you right now because you kidnapped the prodigy. Everyone is outside, ready to kill you.” I chuckled again and then just looked at the door still listening to music. Then the door opened again with Aria and Alice coming in. I chuckled at how Aria looked at me and then went to Alice. She stood up and hugged me. I hugged her back and felt curious stares from the others. I heard Ray chuckle and then I released her and looked at the others some grinned and others looked shocked. I just smiled and then I sat on my bed again and thought. Alice sat next to me and rested her head on my shoulder. I just grinned and closed my eyes.

I was in a different time and place. I looked at a person with jet black hair and saw him open his eyes. They were blood red and he looked passed me. I turned around and saw Ray, grinning. “So Kaizer, are you going to spar against me again?” he asked. I turned around and the man with black hair answered: “Yeah, I need to be in top form to travel. I looked at him and noticed that he was my ancestor. Kaizer (my ancestor) looked at Ray and then asked: “So, shall we fight?” “Sure.” I saw them both materialize blades in their hands. Ray’s blades were white with shades of blue, red, green, and black and so on. Kaizer’s blades were just plain red with an edge of black. Suddenly, Kaizer charged at Ray and Ray still grinned. I observed their fight in Blood Vision and Ray then disappeared. Kaizer stopped his charge and twirled his blades. He then threw his blades in the air, and then his body burned. He had wings and a tail now. He then caught the blades and then twirled them again. Suddenly he stopped twirling his blades and then jumped. A blade swiped at the space where his feet were. Kaizer then caught the blade in between his blades and then stepped on it. He then stabbed at the one place where the swords could’ve been. Kaizer then jumped back and an aura exited out of one of his blades. I saw Ray in the air and he then fell, dodged the mysterious aura and the blades of Ray and of Kaizer clashed. Then both of them disappeared. Kaizer reappeared and Ray did as well. Ray then let go of one sword and held his arm up. He opened his palm and a beam of all elements fell from the sky. Ray also had wings and a tail and slashed at Kaizer, after picking up the blade he let go of. Kaizer blocked the slash and countered with a back hand slash. Ray jumped back and concentrated his life force into his right hand. He threw the blade in his right hand into the air and slid the hand down his face. He caught the blade and changed his tail and wings. They were invisible and Ray’s aura looked different. He then charged at Kaizer and was gone. He reappeared behind Kaizer and then said: “Dead as you can be Kaizer.” “Indeed, I shouldn’t have challenged you,” Kaizer grinned and looked at Ray.

I opened my eyes and looked at my ceiling and Alice was lying beside me. She was sleeping and looked like sleeping beauty was described in the fairy tale. I looked at Jakes bed and realized that it was empty. I looked at the clock and noticed that it was morning and time to eat breakfast in twenty minutes. “Hey Alice, wake up, we need to go to the lesson!” I hissed at Alice. Alice shot up and looked at me. She stretched herself and then realized that she was sitting with me on my bed. “What happened?” she hissed. “I think we fell asleep. Run to your room and then we can go to the cafeteria for breakfast. Let’s meet there again,” I hissed back. She stood up, hugged me and then left. I quickly changed my clothes into the school uniform and then took my bag. I went to the cafeteria and then met the others there. I felt hateful glares and just sighed. I walked towards the others and then sat down next to Jack: “So, what did you two do?” “I saw a memory of Ray and she just slept next to me,” I answered. Alice then entered the cafeteria and walked towards us. She came to me and asked: “What should we eat?” “I don’t know, recommend something,” I replied. She smiled and then we walked towards the counter. I heard the others chuckle and sighed. We ordered something and ate in peace next to the others. Then Eric entered the cafeteria and Jack just groaned. I smiled but continued eating. Eric walked towards us and I heard Jake and Jett groan as well. Alice chuckled and Eric was at our table: “I heard you kidnapped Underwood. Nova, don’t you dare take my woman again.” “He didn’t kidnap me and since when am I your woman?” “Since your dad promised mine that we two would marry.” “Well, I have the law on my side because after the law, I may choose my partner.” I smiled at Alice’s statement and then said: “Hey Eric, treat women with respect.” “You talk to me about treating women with respect? What a joke!” “Well, it wasn’t meant as a joke but as long as it makes you happy…” Eric then looked pissed and tried to hit me but Jack caught his arm and said: “I don’t care if your dad is a minister or not but let me tell you, I will kill you if you don’t piss of right now.” Eric ran out of the cafeteria faster than Usain Bolt. I grinned and then took the tablets to the rack. I saw that a group of students was waiting for me. I walked to the rack and set the tablets and plates down. The students then flung spells at me. I dodged and walked passed them. I turned around and said: “Don’t do that again or I might harm you.” I walked to our table and looked out of the window. I saw the huge clock tower in the school and looked at the time. “Oh dang, I need to go!” Jack shouted and then ran out of the cafeteria. I looked after him and then smiled. The others smiled too and we left the cafeteria together.

I walked into my classroom and saw all of my classmates looking at me. I sighed and sat down. I got ready for a wave of questions and it came. They asked me things like what I did with Alice, why I kidnapped her and where I took her. I didn’t answer to any of them except to the one which asked where I took her. I said that I took her to an illusionary world. The teacher then entered the classroom and I had a normal school day.

I was back in the illusionary world and tried to achieve the half dragon form. I failed and failed. Alice was still trying to kill a nine headed Hydra. I got frustrated but each time I was frustrated I conjured a nine headed Hydra and killed it. I looked at the illusionary sky and tried again. I then heard Ray say: [You two need to start to pack.] Wait, Alice is accompanying me? [Yes, she will only be safe next to you.] I refuse to let her travel with me. [You will have to tolerate that,] Ray answered. I looked at Alice who looked like she was about to shout at me. I then remembered that she could hear the conversation and I blushed. I quickly left the illusionary world and felt the fatigue built up inside of me. I ran to the dormitories and entered my room. I quickly packed all of my things and put them in a suitcase. When will I leave? [You two will leave with Mercedes tomorrow.] Wait! I’ll leave with Mercedes? [Yes, you will leave with Alice and Mercedes.] How often do I have to tell you that I won’t travel there with Alice? Ray stayed silence and then I just sighed. I left the room and then ran towards the cafeteria. I saw all of the students looking at me. I looked around and then quickly ran to Jack, Jett, Kennan, Mercedes and Jake. “What’s going on?” I asked, felling the gloomy atmosphere. Jack shook his head and I stayed quiet.

After a gloomy supper, I went to my dorm room with Jake and in the room, Jake sighed and said: “Ok, I will explain. Eric has decided to convince his father to sue this school because of you.” I looked at him puzzled and then I understood. I then went out of the room and ran to the principal’s office. I met him there and we talked. I left the room after ten minutes and then went to sleep.

The next day Mercedes and I stood in the courtyard of the school. Onyx was next to us and Ray explained: [The Dragon world is in a different Layer. You will need to get on Onyx and then he will fly you to the Dragon capitol. We got on Onyx and sat there. Ray told us that we didn’t need suitcases and that we should put only necessary clothes in a sack. I put a shirt, a pair of Jeans, some underwear and a sweater in there. I then saw two more sack’s, both filled with food and saw that Mercedes was struggling with her clothes. Alice ran to us but I met her and then phase walked her away into the illusionary world. “Stay here until I leave, please,” I pleaded and left her there. I went back to Onyx and sat on top of him. Jack, Jake, Jett and Kennan said their good-byes and took Mercedes and my suitcase. Onyx phase walked into a different layer and then we flew into the sky.



© 2013 Kane


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on September 18, 2013
Last Updated on September 18, 2013


Author

Kane
Kane

Somewhere over there, Germany



About
I am a person who enjoys reading the work of other people but also like to try writing fantasy novels. Currently running series: None On Hiatus: Alcatraz, Yggdrasil, Fly like the bird you are,.. more..

Writing
Forests Forests

A Story by Kane


Something weird Something weird

A Chapter by Kane