Sciamachy

Sciamachy

A Poem by Cait
"

An expressive piece of work that displays the uprising in mental health through the younger generation. This poem relfects how some may feel.

"
Sciamachy.
(n.) a battle against imaginary enemies; fighting your shadow

00:38 am.
Wide awake, thoughts collecting, anxiety rising. Silence. Stuck on a treadmill of a silent killer that everyone seems to ignore, masked by a cocktail of happiness those ‘professionals’ call hope or the more realistic term, antidepressants.
For me? I don’t get my daily dose of so called happiness. I don’t get the luxury to numb my paralysing thoughts, control my aching chest or to be released from the four walls inside my head.
For me I am just “troubled”, “sad” or in a “phase” but knowing that you’re chained to your bed, too afraid to step out into the world and face your fears becomes normality when your mind gives in.
I’m not a ‘different person’, I haven’t ‘changed’ and I’m certainly not ‘moody’.
I’m just existing.
Floating in a emotional puddle , feeling my skin tightening as my tears dry. Music blaring of suicide and chaotic lives.
01.02 am.
My imaginary enemy lives with me, in my head. Every minute of the day, every hour of these painfully exhausting days. I battle my enemy.

© 2018 Cait


Author's Note

Cait
This may upset some people or reflect a cause of concern but it’s just a reflection of what personal issues I’ve had and how writing help me escapes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very tangible emotion in this one....

I disagree with you that those "enemies" in our heads are imaginary....all of us have to face fear, hate, procrastination at some stage in life......and I'd say they are very real :)

I think these thoughts could develop into a short story or even a novel...Keep writing...:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very tangible emotion in this one....

I disagree with you that those "enemies" in our heads are imaginary....all of us have to face fear, hate, procrastination at some stage in life......and I'd say they are very real :)

I think these thoughts could develop into a short story or even a novel...Keep writing...:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I personally feel my poem shows a lot of depth and emotion,I feel as I said in my note that it reflects the uprising in mental health in our younger generation and this piece of writing helps people to understand what they many be feeling and in this society we can feel pressured into not expressing ideas, emotions and Many other different aspects. I hope this can reflect my review and people can leave honest reviews and relate to my work. I believe writing helps the soul heal and help express in many ways.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 17, 2018
Last Updated on March 17, 2018

Author