Redemption

Redemption

A Story by Katy Knight
"

"I cannot comprehend a heaven that goes hand in hand with a hell..."

"

“My child, why do you only now obey me?” he asked, raising a sole, curious eyebrow.

“For, my Lord, I fear you,” he uttered, petrified by trying to stand tall.

‘Child, what is there to fear? I offer you eternal life, and yet you cower. I cleanse you of your sins, but you turn away. My child, what do you fear?”

He gulped and closed his young eyes, feeling the winds empower and encourage him to speak. To speak the truth and nothing but, for he had bar a small time to do so before the gates closed, heavens fade and all be lost forever.

“My Lord, hear me out when I say I am fearful. And, dearest Lord, held me understand and have unwavering faith. For I need you to guide me through the treacherous lands of sin where no man dare tread without caving in to their terrible lures. For I think I have, Lord, and that is why I fear.

In my mind, Lord, you are but a strict parent; uncompassionate and punishing of those who do wrong. Even when the case may be that they knew not the difference between right or wrong. For they were not taught and could not possibly know, my Lord. And when I think of the poor souls damned to where there will be weeping and gnashing teeth, I cannot comprehend a heaven that goes hand in hand with a hell, for not even the most evil of souls deserve eternal damnation. My Lord, how can anyone know anything without a mentor? While you were always with them, they knew not of your existence and a great many wish for redemption. I should know; I hear their screams of pain and torture when I close my eyes.”

He closed them suddenly and cringed.

“Do you hear that, my Lord? For if you do, how can you live in peace? How can you stand to know that your children are suffering a fate worse than death? Because I cannot! I would suffer such a punishment before I let them remain.

If this is all there is, Lord, then I dread I am yet to find heaven. And this is what I fear.”

And so he fell silent.

The Lord looked upon a child wise beyond his years.

Not a sound met either of their ears when a loud trumpet sounded. And so the Lord reached for the young boy’s hand and walked him through the gates and into the heavens.

Then it was gone.

All were redeemed.

And all was well.

© 2011 Katy Knight


Author's Note

Katy Knight
You're not supposed to know anything about the boy, he just represents all the good in the world. Is it good?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

well, really i've never quite understood why God does it either, but he obviously knows what's best and really...if you were God and you saw all the evil in the world i think you would need to punish the people too i mean if you loved everyone in the world but there were always people torturing other people and making them suffer and you were perfectly holy i think you'd see a good reason to do this too

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

well, really i've never quite understood why God does it either, but he obviously knows what's best and really...if you were God and you saw all the evil in the world i think you would need to punish the people too i mean if you loved everyone in the world but there were always people torturing other people and making them suffer and you were perfectly holy i think you'd see a good reason to do this too

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

327 Views
1 Review
Added on July 30, 2011
Last Updated on September 14, 2011
Previous Versions

Author

Katy Knight
Katy Knight

About
I'm 14 and I LOVE to write. I would love to be an author, but until then, I'm set on being a surgeon more..

Writing