PULL MY TONGUE!

PULL MY TONGUE!

A Story by Callista-Jade

I had this dream last night. I was sitting in a circle of friends on a typical school day. It was summer and the sky was a bright blue, with lazy clouds just floating by. I was under a tree, next to my best friend, eating a ham sandwich. Everything about this day was drenched in a hazy sort of calm. I chewed slowly, one hand holding up the sandwich and the other making circles in the grass. Everyone was making light conversation, laughing and enjoying this fine summer day. My best friend leaned back and yawned widely, her mouth making a perfect “O”. Suddenly, an intense feeling overcame me like a crashing wave during a storm. The feeling, so vivid and powerful, landed on me as a bomb would over a city. I dropped my sandwich. Time froze. I turned over to face my friend with a speed lighting would envy. 

The feeling I had was a sudden, electric impulse to shove my hand into her mouth. I didn’t try to stop myself. My hand shot into her mouth as a bullet would from a gun. Time resumed. My friend’s eyes flew open. Wide and full of shock, her eyes were trained on my arm as if it had scales and was green. Fumbling inside her mouth, my fingers found her tongue and grabbed onto it. Everyone stared. I could feel them staring but I didn’t care. This was what I just had to do. It was a feeling I couldn’t control. My fingers pinched her slippery tongue tightly and I pulled. She made a choked sort of noise and her hands tried to slap me away but my grip was iron. Determined to reach my unknown goal, I yanked at her tongue. My friends watched in still and silent disbelief as her tongue loosened. I tugged harder and began to pull out long, wide as my arm, snake-like coils of her fleshy pink tongue. 

Her eyes, if possible, grew wider and she made a horrified squeaky noise. I leapt to my feet and ran with her tongue slung over my shoulder. I ran through the field, I ran through the streets, I ran through alleyways and up and down hills, I ran and ran and ran. I sped into a building, the tongue trailing behind me as I darted through the lobby and ran up 50 flights of stairs. Open-mouthed and wide-eyed businessmen and women stared at me. I pushed violently through a red door and burst onto the roof of the skyscraper. I stopped running and stood there, looking out at the city spread out beneath my feet. I didn’t need to catch my breath. Heck, I wasn’t even tired. For a moment, I didn’t know what to do. I let go of the tongue and it slid down my shoulder and thumped onto the ground. Looking down, with my eyes, I followed the trail of pink up and down hills, through alleyways, through the streets and back to the field. 

My arms and hands slick with spit, I stared down at my friend’s tongue. Suddenly, it started to twitch and shudder. I stepped back instinctively as it rose and wrapped itself around me. Instead of the damp pink it was, it morphed into soft, magnificent swirls of color. It lifted me off my feet and into the air. I laughed as the tangled colors spread into a pathway that leapt from building to building. I threw off my shoes and ran, my feet sinking into its soft, padded surface. I ran for hours and hours as the path grew across the city and beyond. I never got tired. The sun sank into a red-violet sky. When the magical tongue finally ceased growing, I stopped running. Far, far below me were my school and the field where I had been hours and hours ago. I whistled and a cloud drifted towards me. I sank into its cool, breezy fluffs and it lazily floated down to earth. 

My friend was still there, lying in the field, the swirls of color flowing out of her mouth. She was alone and in a deep sleep. I slipped off the cloud and walked towards her. Her eyes fluttered open just as I snapped awake. It was an odd dream but by far, the most real I’ve ever experienced. The next day I went to school. I was sitting in a circle of friends at lunch. It was summer and the sky was a bright blue, with lazy clouds just floating by. I was under a tree, next to my best friend, eating a ham sandwich. Everyone was making light conversation, laughing and enjoying this fine summer day. My best friend leaned back and yawned widely, her mouth making a perfect “O”. I laughed. She asked me, “What?” I looked up at her, “You really should cover your mouth when you yawn.”

© 2013 Callista-Jade


Author's Note

Callista-Jade
Thanks for reading and all reviews are greatly appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Absolutely phenomenal descriptions.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I commend you on the vivid imagery; you’re writing is truly exceptional in conveying the essence of a well-developed plot and the ending is phenomenal. The grotesque imagery is complemented excellently with the descriptive writing. The well-thought out story line and the touch of humour brought a smile to my face. You never fail to impress Callista, and I should mention, I am a huge fan of your writing. I look forward to seeing more of your work and you have inspired me to start writing myself. I hope for you to read one of my pieces in the future.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Callista-Jade

11 Years Ago

THANKS! It's really really really really appreciated.
This was fanciful and Fun Callista and I truly enjoyed the ride....even though it kind of grossed me out..that' a good thing...because you made it feel and sound so real. And I hate tongue....but I could see it as clear as if it were in the movies. Your imagery throughout was vivid and surreal. It could only be a dream....or could it..
I loved the way you came full circle, and made me smile so early in the morn.
Terrific write Callista
Magical, one might say
allen

Posted 11 Years Ago


Callista-Jade

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review!!! Yeah, it is pretty gross come to think of it... :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

321 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 25, 2013
Last Updated on March 2, 2013
Tags: tongue

Author

Callista-Jade
Callista-Jade

Gotham City



About
HIYA! I'm Jade. Some of the things I like: -the colour blue -Batman xD -black cats -dark chocolate and I love love love cloudy days. I am also emotionally attached to my laptop. more..

Writing