Who Says You Can't Fall In Love With A Ghost?

Who Says You Can't Fall In Love With A Ghost?

A Story by EmotionalPanties
"

This is another dream I had.. Just last night. I thought it was pretty cool, and a bit out of the ordinary. But my dreams are usually like that. Thanks for reading.<3

"

I sat upstairs in the warmth of my blankets, with the winter winds smacking outside on my door. I got up and stretched; feeling and hearing my loose joints pop, and quickly thought ew. I slowly walked my way to my room, which was the basement none-the-less, and slowly stalked down the stairs. The cold air of the basement licked my cheeks and instantly made my arms wrap around myself. Instead of turning right towards my bed, I turned left into my laundry room to see if there were any clothes left lying around.

                I checked the dryer, and it was empty, it usually was since my mom always did the laundry for the family about twice a week. I turned to go back to my room, and I saw someone standing there. Not just a someone.. It looked transparent. I could tell it was smiling at me just a little bit, and I wanted to scream but I was so surprised I couldn’t.

My mind was telling me to look away and walk to my car, but my body was doing the exact opposite. I reached my hand out once I was close enough to touch, what looked like a him by now, but then he vanished. I stood there, wondering what was going on, but just put my hands to my sides.

“Come back...” I said in a quiet whisper, slowly turning around. Looked like he wasn’t after I stood there for half a minute and I started to walk up the stairs. Right at the doorway of the room, a light turned on behind the heater.

“I was for sure you’d be scared of me,” The boy said, as I turned around. “Your family sure was, and boy your sister even threw a sock at me.” I smiled and slowly walked over to him, hoping he wasn’t a weird killer or something. But he was just as a thought: A Ghost.

I didn’t want to bring up the fact that he was dead, because I thought it was really cool that I could communicate to the dead. I was nearly pooping my pants at this point. “Who are you?” I quickly barked out, not sounding as confident as I thought I was.

“The name’s Blake.” He said, taking a short bow. “You must be Madison.” He turned out the light and walked towards me, and he wasn’t that so transparent anymore. How this was happening, I have no idea. I crossed my arms as it kept getting colder, though he was walking closer to me; but for some reason I wanted to deal with it, just let time fly, and to just talk to him.

“Yes, but I prefer Madi.” I laughed a little, lifting my mood a tad bit. I was still scared about this whole situation, but I figured he was nice enough to not kill me. “Why’re you here? I don’t mean that in a rude way, but why my basement, or even my laundry room? I’m just wondering…”

He smirked and looked at me. “I don’t know why I’m here, but, I felt something so lovely passing by, and I think I know who that was.”  His slight wink made my cheeks get all rosy, or rosier as I was getting cold. His clothes looked a bit modern, and he looked like a normal guy, but just the fact he’s a ghost, I was still astonished. “But the fact I’m in your laundry room, it’s because of the machinery that’s going on. It’s the only place where I can draw energy from, and it’s pretty amazing I must say.”

I walked towards him, reaching my hand out, so focused on trying to touch him, and when I do, it’s a cold touch, but, he feels normal; like he wasn’t anything but a person. I drew my hand back quickly and looked at my feet, wrapping my arms tightly around me.

“Sorry,” I said. “I was curious.” I went to turn around, but then the next thing that had happened was incredible. He hugged me, and I didn’t feel anything cold, or terrible, but I felt warmth and love in his hug. I hugged him back and he kissed my cheek lightly.

“I have to go, Madi. I’ll be here tomorrow when you wake up. I promise. You have a good night’s sleep, and I’ll be looking forward to tomorrow." He gave me a light kiss on the lips and he disappeared.

What the hell just happened?



----


There's more to it, but this is as far as I got. Sorry!

~toodles

© 2013 EmotionalPanties


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The whole idea of falling in love with a ghost is an interesting concept for a story. You have executed this concept beautifully. Nice job! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

301 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 29, 2012
Last Updated on March 18, 2013
Tags: dream, love, ghost, home, weird, night, sleep, friend, awkward, silly, radio, computer, me, him

Author

EmotionalPanties
EmotionalPanties

St. Charles, MO



About
I'm 16 1/2. Been dating the same guy for over a year. I have amazing friends. I'm inspired to write when I have nice dreams, I guess that's weird. more..

Writing