.:Chapter Ten:. Guilty Is Charged.

.:Chapter Ten:. Guilty Is Charged.

A Chapter by EmotionalPanties

Guilt was pushing down on my shoulders from the past few weeks, ever since i had killed my mother. Ever since her presence went away, so did my sanity. I snapped at everyone with every comment they had, and i felt like i started to lose Mike and Heather also, so my depression levels began to rise. I usually sat alone while Mike and Heather went for a walk, and those lasted almost an hour or two. 
I would walk around the room, and mutter random snotty comments about the place and move on to another section of the room, but it started to stop yesterday, because i noticed that i started to say nicer things to everyone. Mike and Heather are out walking again, and all i did was keep my thoughts to myself as i watched the news closely.
After a while, the news turned into movies, and i just laid back in bed, looking at the ceiling. Soon, i fell asleep, and next thing i knew it, Mike and Heather were shaking me awake, and looking at me with sweaty faces. I slowly sat up, and started to get things back working in my head.
"There was people following us," Heather panted, looking at the door, "Demons, they were going to take us. They kept asking for you over and over, or your mother.." She paused, looking out into space. The mention of my mother kinda drained both of our breaths. But she continued. "They kept asking for the queen. They know it had to do with us because Jake 'ran away' from Hell, so everyone's furious. I guess he did the paperwork, or kept stuff together for the people in Hell." I sighed, and got up off my bed.
"Jake and his big mouth can't keep anything out of Hell, can he?" I muttered, looking out the window. There was people still out, walking the streets. Probably drinkers or something, and i just grabbed my hotel keys and walked out the door, and of course, Mike and Heather followed after me.
"Where do you think you're going?" Mike said, grabbing my shoulder. "You could get killed!" His eyes were screaming fear, and i just shook my head, looking down at my car keys. I looked up at both of them, and they knew what we had to do. We had to leave, and go back to Michelle. She was the only person who would know what to do, and plus we were running out of money.
"Let me pack up my things, or well, all of our things." Heather murmured, walking back into the hotel room. A few minutes later, she was back and handed me my phone, and put a bag over her shoulder. We walked down to the lobby, and checked out of our room, and payed our money. The price should stay unspoken of, because i had to get into my father's bank account to get it all paid for.
Once we went outside, we turned the corner to the parking lot and got into my car, the doors scaring me for a second because they swung up instead of out. I got in, and Mike tapped my shoulder. I knew what he wanted and i just got out and went to the passenger's seat. He got into the drivers seat, and started the engine while closing his door. I noticed his muscles flex as he did so, and i only turned away and looked out the window.
As the drive back to the small town seemed endless, we finally made it. When we pulled up into the drive, Michelle was waiting for us outside on her lawn chair, reading a book. She noticed my emotionless face, and just looked at me with sympathy. I shuffled pass her, looking down at my feet.
"Jess, don't go to your room just yet." Ignoring her, i walked my way upstairs to my room, so i could just get the feel of my own bed again. I opened the door, and nearly jumped out of my skin as i saw Jose sitting there on my bed, reading a book. 
"What the hell are you doing in my bed?" I said, looking at him with narrowed eyes. He looked back and flashed a smile that sent flutters through my belly. I sat down next to him, only getting the jist of the feeling of my own bed.
"Michelle let me stay, ever since our last encounter a few weeks ago. Drew appeared last week, after saying you gave him money to take a taxi here, since you got a little hotheaded and started telling him off.. The words he said were indescribable. I felt almost sorry for him.." He went back to his book and then i hugged my knees.
"I should probably go apologize to him, but he really did piss me off." I shoved my face into my knees and fell sideways, finally laying on my bed. I sighed, and slowly drifted off to sleep, and i felt Jose relaxing more, and i only thought that he was going to intrude on my dreams again.
"Hello, Jessie." And i was right, he walked right in on my dream, even when he's laying right next to me. I smiled at him, and sat down on the plushy couch in front of me. He looked down at me, and sat next to me. I watched him as he did so, and he smiled at me, and i could still feeling the heat rushing to my cheeks in my sleep.
"I don't like it when you intrude in my sleep, especially when i can finally have privacy." I gave him a sideways glance, then looked away again, paying more attention to my surroundings. It looks like we had a view of a huge lake, and we where just on a couch out on a patio or something. I took it all in, but his dreamy accent drowned out my thoughts.
"I'm sorry, but this is the only place where i can see you for you, not that hellish, sick look you have on your face now. You look so empty.. and not like the Jess i knew." I sounded so calm, but i just shook my head, taking in all his negative comments. He was right though, i had stopped eating as much as i use to, which made me lose lots of weight, and i haven't been in the sun, so i started to look more paler. 
"Thanks for the generous compliments." I muttered, looking down at the ground, curling my toes.
"In your dreams.. You're just like you've always been.. beautiful, perfect, gorgeous, just.. breath taking." His voice got soothing as he cooed at me, making the hairs rise all over my body. I blushed even more and just kept looking away, but his hand caught under my chin, and turned my head to look at him in the eyes. I did though, his eyes so bright with wonder, it was just astonishing.
"I.. uh.." I stammered, trying to find words. "Thanks.." Man was I retarded. Thanks? I should've just said something more stupid, like "Give me a corndog." But no, i just only said thanks. The next thing that happened, totally swept me off my feet.
He leaned in closer to me, until our lips touched.
That was when i woke up, sitting straight up in my bed, looking over at Jose, who was doing the same thing. I looked at him, and he looked back, looking exhausted. I guess the whole going into people's dreams thing takes all your energy out of you. He looked at me with a apologetic look and got up.
"Wait.." I started, but he was already out of the room. I was still too tired to get up, so i only went back to my pillows, where Jose last laid, and fell asleep once more.
When i woke up, i had enough energy to go downstairs and see Michelle. When i saw her, she was typing away on her computer again. I studied her face and yawned quietly. She looked up at me and smiled a little bit and went back to her computer.
"Where's Jose?" I said, sitting in a chair next to hers.
"He left last night.. Told me to tell you good-bye. He left for Spain, back to his hometown." Her words repeated in my head as i tried to look like i didn't care at all.
No. Way.


© 2012 EmotionalPanties


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

394 Views
Added on May 16, 2012
Last Updated on May 16, 2012
Tags: awesome, beautiful, beauty, fun, boredom, bored, great, talent, mean, love, people, funk, yeah, oh, well, tag, this, because, it's


Author

EmotionalPanties
EmotionalPanties

St. Charles, MO



About
I'm 16 1/2. Been dating the same guy for over a year. I have amazing friends. I'm inspired to write when I have nice dreams, I guess that's weird. more..

Writing