Down by the River (An Affair)

Down by the River (An Affair)

A Story by Caradoc
"

"Though shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife..." - The Ten Commandments, Exodus

"

"It began on the eve of February fourteenth, the night the love of his life left him wallowing in misery, trapped in the web of his sorrows. So deep was our hero's melancholy, that nothing could rouse him from the umbral pit of his own ghastly despair. In his misery, the young Bradley reached out to the only other person who had ever been there for him, Vivian, his one true lifelong friend. Vivian, who had long harbored feelings for the young Bradley, went to him immediately out of love and undying loyalty. In his hour of need, she comforted him in the only way she knew how..."

"And though Vivian belonged to another, this one night of passion would ignite a storm of desire, creating a whirlwind affair that would consume them both. It would not end, would remain a secret that neither could disclose to anyone. For if they did, if they revealed this forbidden truth, it would bring about their doom..."

© 2014 Caradoc


Author's Note

Caradoc
Truth is stranger than fiction... ;) Hahahahahahaha!


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well written. Great choice of words! You help me paint a picture of darkness and melancholy. It was a wonderful short little writing you got there. You should write more on the human emotions. You really captured it!

Posted 9 Years Ago


You captured the strength of the emotion beautifully. I enjoyed it a lot. Well done. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


powerful music to pair with this bittersweet tale.. those desires strike more than the body and can be all consuming.. well done.. I always love the way you captivate and enchant the reader into your moving imagery and emotion.. amazing writing as usual my friend..

Posted 9 Years Ago


Caradoc

9 Years Ago

Thank you. :)
I like this, well done.
Now, a couple minor things. hero's not heroes, and umbral pit of his own ghastly despair does not need commas

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Caradoc

9 Years Ago

Thanks for catching those. I'm really tired and my mind isn't working right. I'm going to sleep soon.. read more
Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

No problem my friend. Any time.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 27, 2014
Last Updated on October 28, 2014

Author

Caradoc
Caradoc

Withered Wonderland



About
I encourage visitors to this page to take a look at a few authors whose work I admire and enjoy. KLGoode ----> http://www.writerscafe.org/amendoim1988 Pax ----> http://www.writerscafe.org/willya.. more..

Writing
Elseness Elseness

A Poem by Caradoc


Used To Used To

A Poem by Caradoc



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic


SHADOW SHADOW

A Poem by Lola_Bee