Chapter Three: She Loves Me...She Loves me Not

Chapter Three: She Loves Me...She Loves me Not

A Chapter by Cคɾเภค{♥}
"

Damien is on the hunt for his cousin, what he finds he doesn't expect. Maybe he could use that as a advantage...

"

Chapter Three: She loves me…She loves me not

 

 

            The surrounding was a familiar, comforting place. It was loud, smelly, and full of testosterone; it was a second home. The guy named Heath knew how to throw a party.

            The place was…loud. Beer stained the floors. Girls and Guys made there way to private rooms for stolen time together. Football players were playing ‘monkey in the middle’ with a lower class student who was foolish to come in the first place.

            Damien eyed a tall, curvy girl. Her eyes were a soft green, but this was not the girl he was looking for. She beckoned at him with her sultry lips; he refused the siren call.

            Tonight he was strictly business.

            Bodies of different shapes and sizes were pressed together so tightly in Heath’s mansion, Damien could hardly tell the difference of which arm belonged to whom, and which leg was his own. The party scene was a great time, just not a great time when you’re trying to find one particular person.

            Like finding a needle in a haystack, no, like finding a piece of hay in the haystack.

            “Do I know you?”

            The same girl as before had decided to come up to him. Confidence was something he liked in a girl.

            “What’s you’re name?” Damien figured he would play along. If he wasn’t going to find who he was looking for, then why not have a little fun?

            “Becca,” she yelled over the bass of the stereo. Heath got a live band to play for his party.

            “I’m Damien,” he yelled back, and gave her a smile that would swoon most girls, including older women. She smiled back in delight. At first glance Becca was someone you would call ‘beautiful’, but looking at her closely showed that she wasn’t what she seemed.

Her mascara was running underneath her eyes, sweat, gleaming at the top of her brow, and a scent that smelled strongly of alcohol. They were all cracks showing the slightest hint of her imperfection.

            Wordlessly she grabbed his hand and they made there way towards the mosh pit of teenagers dancing to a song that was considered by most adults: vulgar, inappropriate, and indecent.

            She teased him with the hypnotic motion of her hips, her hands running through her auburn hair. It would be a crime not to have the urge to touch her. So he did.

            He placed his hands on the back of her hips, feeling the motions; their dancing just as inappropriate as the song. They were both lost in the song. Thick, golden strands tying them together in ways only music could unite the world.

            A nagging feeling on the back of his mind stopped him from having the good time that he should. His cousin, Derek, was no where to be seen. Neither was Derek’s little friend.

            He checked the digital clock on the wall, it was nearly 11:30, and Derek should have been here by now. What was stopping his cousin from coming to the greatest party in the High School’s history?

            Then he remembered the ring.

            Of course, it was too obvious now! Maybe too obvious. He shook his head to himself, as he and Becca rubbed against each other to a new song.

            The ring, it helped the owner with gaining its desires. And of course Leann would have not wanted the ring to be found by him at all cost, so it carried that desire when Leann gave it to Derek. He was only able to find him before because his own ring allowed him the strength to do so.

            Sudden anger flared through him. How…cliché it was for Derek, he thought the name with disgust, to have the one ring that could anything, while his was only limited to strength. It was just too repetitive for the good guy to have the upper hand.

            Luck was on his side tonight.

            Look who decided to make a late entrance, he thought with glee, as Derek, the girl, and a boy he didn’t recognize entered through the foyer. Maybe his ring wasn’t as useless as he thought it was moments ago.

            Becca had noticed him motionless, staring at his cousin. She waved a hand in his face, “Uh, Hello! Do you not wanna dance, or what?” She was giving him a cold stare. Spoiled, and clingy; he cringed at the thought of actually being with her.

            “Dude, I’m not you’re butler; go find some other guy to boss around.” He sneered at her.

            She flipped her hair, and flushed a slight pink. “Fine. But I’m letting you know now, that you just missed out on a nice piece of a*s.” She turned and stalked away.

            “I’ve seen better!” He called after her, as others peered curiously at them.

            To his utmost surprise she walked directly into the fire line. She worked her magic coincidentally on Derek.

 

 

 

 

            Vibrations were traveling all through the floor, the music pounding in her ears. She never really did go to a lot of parties; she always ended up by herself.

Jamie shoved her way to the foyer with Derek and her brother Jeremy. Immediately when they got there, he disappeared to find his boyfriend, Lance. It was just her and Derek.

            She didn’t object to this entirely, it was just plain awkward. 

            “I can’t believe I was not going to come to this kick a*s party!” Derek said, slightly awed, as he gaped at the college girls giving him suggestive looks. Jamie could feel the insecurity coming on.

            She pouted. “Yeah, well, I wish I stayed home.”

            Derek just chuckled. She wondered why that was so funny to him. She shook her head, men, she thought, they are so confusing!

            “You want to da-,” Derek began, as she waited for him to finish. But he never did.

            “Derek, you made it!” Rebecca glided over to him, and put her manicured hand lightly on his chest. Jamie tried to keep her cool, but failed, unsuccessful.

            “Uh, yeah.” He mumbled, becoming incoherent at the sight of her low cut shirt, and mini shorts that exposed her long legs.

            She giggled, and Jamie gagged. “You want to get a drink and then dance or go to a room?”

            “I think I need a drink,” he replied breathless as she whispered something in his ear. They vanished in the sea of drunken kids.

            She ended up alone…again.

            Jamie stood there for a long time, and must of looked stupid as tears began to swim in her eyes. She took deep breaths and pushed her way through the crowd to find Jeremy. He would take her home.

            Then, she decided not too. Jeremy would never forgive her if she ruined his night with the one guy he actually liked. She just couldn’t ruin it for him. Why have to nights ruined?

            Because it would make me feel better if someone else was suffering. Jamie regretted the mean thought, as she bumped blindly into a hard rock.

            At least it felt like a hard rock. But when she looked up she found a gorgeous boy staring sat her, supporting her weight.

            “I’m so sorry,” she purred at him.

            He smiled, charming her. “Naw, its okay. At least I ran into a pretty girl.”

            She laughed, and they started dancing.

‘And they lived happily ever after.’

            She wished it went that smooth. It actually went something like this: Jamie stumbled blindly through the crowd, her tears overflowing. How badly she want to run to Jeremy, but couldn’t. She tripped over her own feet, and ran into a guy.

            “You got beer all over my leather jacket!” He exclaimed examining the damage. He had been carrying a cup when she knocked into him.

            “Oh, I’m so sorry! I just, wasn’t watching where I was going…and-I’m sorry!” She rambled on, biting her lip. He slowly looked up at her, his eyes widening. She could feel her mouth drop; he was beautiful.

            “I guess I’ll just have to buy a new 200 dollar jacket, thanks to you.” He said dryly.

            Her lip trembled. “I’m-.”

            “Save it.” He took off the jacket; exposing a v-neck, fitted to his body, that showed his ripped muscles. She could almost feel herself gaping. “Well, you must be Jamie.” She tore her eyes off from his muscles and really looked at him.

            He had a pale, chiseled face, with high cheekbones. His eyes were a fathomless dark brown that she could probably look in for hours. They were framed by long eyelashes, that casted shadow. He really was a work of art. “How do you know me?” She inquired, coming back from her reverie.

            “Well, a lot of people know you. You’re Becca’s cousin, aren’t you?”

            Her face immediately turned a bright red. “Is that the only reason people know me these days? Because my cousin is popular, really?” she fumed, grinding her teeth.

            “No.” he disagreed. “They know you because you’re nothing like Becca. And that is a huge compliment.” He smiled perfect rows of white teeth.

            “Thanks, I guess.” She smiled tentatively back.

            “I’m Damien by the way.”

            “Can we start over, I’m afraid I didn’t make a great first impression. What, with the beer all over your expensive jacket.”

            “You spilled beer on me? Whatever do you mean?” Damien said innocently, widening his eyes.

            She laughed. “Thanks.”

            Damien grinned, dimples showing in his cheeks. “So you wanna dance?”

            Jamie hesitated. “I’m not a really great dancer; you pretty much saw my best move earlier.”

            “Aw, you can’t be that bad.”

            “I don’t think I want to take a risk.” She felt like kicking herself in the butt for not accepting the offer from this ‘totally hawt’ guy.

            He pursed his lips and for a second she thought she saw a glint of anger in his eyes. But he smiled a second later, dissolving any doubt she had. “Then should we go out for fresh air. It’s getting a little stuffy in here.”

            “Oh, um, sure.” Jamie felt herself getting a little nervous. She didn’t really have any experience with kissing guys, and that was obviously what a hot guy would want, right?

            “And don’t worry, I’m not going to try and molest you, I’m not that kind of guy.” He said this rather seriously.

            Well that just answered my question. Next time I’ll just stick my head in the toilet, when I’m being ridiculous. “I wasn’t worried, I’m perfectly fine.”

            “You’re not a very good liar,” he commented as they pushed there way out.

            “And, how would you know that?” The cool air hit them with an icy chill. The night had no stars and no moon, as if a black curtain had been shut all around them.

            “I’m a liar, Jamie. A very good one, in fact.” He paused, reading her face. “When you lie all the time; the lie begins to turn into the truth. So, I have no problem saying one. And you never do. Your lying skills are very limited, if I may say so.”

            “Is that a compliment?” she asked, slightly confused at his bizarre truthfulness.

            “Never turn into a liar, Jamie. You just might end up like me.”

           

 

 



© 2009 Cคɾเภค{♥}


Author's Note

Cคɾเภค{♥}
REVIEW PLSSS! thanks :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

P.S. the second part was great too! =D

Posted 14 Years Ago


THAT WAS SOOOO awesome!!! cant wait for more!!!


Posted 14 Years Ago


HOLY CRAP. THIS WAS AMAZING. I can't find a single mistake. JEEZ. You're awesome lol honestly...just wow. I love the music part...the way you described the dancing just...just...AHHHH I CAN'T EVEN THINK OF A WORD FOR HOW FRICKING PERFECT THAT WAS!!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 19, 2009
Last Updated on September 3, 2009
Previous Versions


Author

Cคɾเภค{♥}
Cคɾเภค{♥}

The Heart, CA



About
I'm a dreamer. A fighter. A surviver. && most importantly a lover. I'm a nice person, so get to know me:) Hate+Fire=Destruction Love+Fire=Passion♥ Ignorance is bliss, ignorance is lov.. more..

Writing
For You For You

A Poem by Cคɾเ$..



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..