Chapter Four: The New Boy in Town (is a jackass)

Chapter Four: The New Boy in Town (is a jackass)

A Chapter by Cคɾเภค{♥}
"

He knows Him, but from where?

"

Chapter Four: The New Boy in Town (is a jackass)

 

“Love sees sharply, hatred sees even more sharp, but Jealousy sees the sharpest for it is love and hate at the same time”- Arab Proverb

 

 

If there wasn’t school maybe mornings wouldn’t be so bad. But if there wasn’t school, how would he be able to annoy old, wrinkly adults? That was Derek’s motivation to get up every morning.

“Ugh,” Derek groaned, holding the side of his head. Maybe he shouldn’t have drunk so much last night…

            Usually the average party wouldn’t have done this to him. But this was one of Heath’s parties, and that meant you lost your virginity, got knocked up, or had a killer hang over the next day.

            At least I don’t have any Cookies left in my system…

            He looked over at his digital clock on the nightstand; it was nearly time for school to start. Derek took Jamie’s essay out of his pocket, took a white out pen and wrote his name as neatly as possible on the top.

            He wondered if Ms.Eberle would notice.

            Derek slumped over to the kitchen, ate a pop tart, and went outside. Jeremy should be picking him up soon enough. Just as his patience began to wane, he saw the unmistakable, run down Station Wagon.

            He started to step forward as the car came by his drive way, but instead saw a middle finger outside the passenger doors window. The piece of scrap stopped, and Derek ran forward. Just as he was about to grab the sliding door; Jeremy sped away. It wasn’t till Jeremy didn’t return for five minutes that he finally realized Jamie was probably mad at him.

            No, she was definitely mad at him.

            Pulling out his cell phone, he dialed the number he had acquired last night. “Hello?” A beautiful voice that sounded like its own symphony answered.

            “Um, hey Becca, it’s me. Derek,” he choked out. She was the only girl he ever got nervous with.

            “Oh! You called? How nice.” She replied sweetly. Then the voice became suspicious. “Well, why did you?”

            “Erm, I kind of need a ride. My car broke down,” he lied. He implied last night that he had a red Cadillac. Really, the car belonged to his Aunt.

            “Oh, that’s horrible.” Her voice didn’t sound at all sympathetic. “Sure, I guess. I’m actually leaving right now. I’ll be there in a few. Bye.”

            She hung up before he could answer.

            When she picked him she had a grumpy look on her face. The expression suited her attractive face. “Anything wrong?” he asked as he slammed the side door to her periwinkle, blue convertible.

            “The boys are supposed to give the girls a ride, not the other way around. “ She suggested, as she pulled out of the driveway.

            “Oh, I’m sorry, Beccers,” he smiled, using her nickname to soften her.

            It worked. “Hmpf, well it’s a good thing you’re cute.” The side of her mouth curved up into a smile. “I had a nice time last night, anyway. You’re a really good dancer.”

            “Yeah, well if I had hips like yours…”

            Becca laughed. They pulled into the junior parking lot. They held hands as they walked into the entrance. Becca giggled at the simple comments he made, and she snuggled close to him, every chance she could get. She was making it very clear they were together.

            It was a little possessive, in a way. Every time other girls would gawk at Derek’s charm, she narrowed her eyes and made snide comments to them. One poor freshman was almost bursting into tears when Becca was finished beating the girl’s self esteem. Derek didn’t know if he liked it, or was a little freaked out.

            Either way, he was now ‘Becca’s man’, no longer, ‘that gorgeous sophomore, Derek.’

            That’s what bothered him the most.

            But he had another more pressing issue on his mind. Jamie. How would she react when Becca would be with him Twenty-four seven? He was kind of dreading it. He was also a little angry with himself for falling in love with the one girl in the entire universe, Jamie hated. Hated with a scary-murderous passion.

            But was it love, or just lust?

            “Derek,” she whined, as he forgot to pay attention to her.

            “Huh?”

            “The bells going to ring, I’ll miss you.” She murmured, pressing her full lips to his. The kiss became more deep, and they had to restrain themselves from ripping there clothes off. They broke apart, taking deep breaths.

            “Yeah I’ll see you later.” He replied, wistfully.

            The day passed by quickly, lunch was near almost a little too soon. Dreading the fact that not only was Jamie mad at him, but Jeremy was too. He regretted ditching her last night.

            Though, he was a little lucky that Becca had cheer practice during lunch, so he wouldn’t be seeing her till after school.

            He spotted the shiny, brown hair, styled in the usual pony tail and swooped bangs. Jamie didn’t see him. Jeremy was in bright pink skinny jean and a v-neck tie died rainbow shirt. If nobody knew him, it would still be apparent Jeremy wasn’t as straight as a ruler.

            And they were laughing. Not just Jamie and Jeremy, but another boy. He was dressed in simple attire. Black shirt, faded Levis, and all black Nikes. His hair was black too, jelled into a disarrayed mess on his head. It appeared Derek had competition.

            A little angry, Derek stalked over to there table. “Hey, guys. I really appreciate the ride this morning!” He said in false enthusiasm.

            Jamie didn’t spare him a look, she was so engrossed in what the mystery boy was saying, “…so when Stacy told me she wasn’t my mom, I left. I already knew how life went; I had a lot of money, so I became emancipated. Now, I’m living the dream.” He smiled, like a lazy cat.

            “Wow, I wish my life was nearly as interesting as yours,” Jamie sighed, her yellow eyes twinkling.

            “Who are you?” Derek demanded, a brotherly protectiveness erupting.

             The boys lazy, black eyes spotted Derek. He appraised him, sizing him up before he answered. “I’m Damien Smith, and you?” He said through pursed lips.

            “That’s Derek Steen, he’s not important.” Jamie answered though her teeth, finally sparing him an angry glare.

            “Look Jamie, I’m so-”

            “Don’t!” She nearly screamed, the nearby table looking at her. “Don’t, say your sorry Derek Anthony Steen. Because I know you’re absolutely ecstatic that you’re with Rebecca.”

            Jeremy intervened, “Leave it alone, Jamie. I don’t want my friendship with Derek ruined just because you two are in a tousle.”

            “A tousle?” She laughed, but didn’t say anything else.

            Derek sat down by Jeremy, even though it was obvious he wasn’t even allowed within a two feet radius of the table.

            “Nice necklace, you have.” Damien commented, filling up the silence.

            “I don’t like you.” Derek stated simply, tucking the ruby ring inside his blue t-shirt.

            “Nice to know.” His eyes never left the spot Derek’s ring was at.

            “So, where did you live before you came to sunny Los Angeles?” The question was unexpected from Jamie.

            Italy, in a small, isolated town.”

            “Ugh, I’m so jealous!” Jeremy whined, asking about very detail Damien had of Italy.

            That’s how lunch went. Jamie and Jeremy asking the new boy every question they had. He fascinated them with his spellbinding charm, experience, and simple words. He seemed boring enough, never joking around, always serious. But there was a power he radiated, that Derek couldn’t put his finger on.

            It was when he was staring off into space he spotted the ring on Damien’s left hand. It didn’t look girly on him. Instead it made him seem sophisticated, and dangerous. Derek was pretty sure that’s where his power came from; the center of his ring’s stone. It had a thick gold band, just like his ring. The difference: the stone was onyx.

            Like a smooth plate of glass, but a deep black; the same as his eyes.

            “Nice ring,” Derek commented, his mind reeling with unknown recognition of the boy.

            “Oh.” Jamie saw what Derek nodded too, and her pupils dilated slightly.

            Damien cleared his throat, a look of annoyance on his face. “Yes, I got it from an old antique store in Peru; one of a kind.”

            “You’ve been to Peru?” Jeremy demanded. The rest of lunch consisted with more bombarding questions and being ignored by his friends.

 



© 2009 Cคɾเภค{♥}


Author's Note

Cคɾเภค{♥}
Ahhhh, what will happen next? Perhaps a little trip down memory lane, and some turning against eachother kind of thing. Well, maybe...Thanks for the review :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i can't wait to read your next chapter
I'm really loving this book
Msg me when the next chapter goes up
:]

Posted 14 Years Ago


lol WOW DUDE THIS STORY IS SO DANG AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...............................I COOD VISION EVERY SINGLE THING IN MY HEAD LYK IT WAS A MOVIE.........LMAO......I CANT WAIT TO READ U NEXT CHAPTER its..so cool

Posted 14 Years Ago


awesome chapter!*like always* cant wait for the rest!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 6, 2009


Author

Cคɾเภค{♥}
Cคɾเภค{♥}

The Heart, CA



About
I'm a dreamer. A fighter. A surviver. && most importantly a lover. I'm a nice person, so get to know me:) Hate+Fire=Destruction Love+Fire=Passion♥ Ignorance is bliss, ignorance is lov.. more..

Writing
For You For You

A Poem by Cคɾเ$..



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..