Chapter 2 - Flash back

Chapter 2 - Flash back

A Chapter by Carl Drake Barnard

ALucas was driving to his apartment, the thought of her drove his mind wild "Could she be there waiting, all ready?" Now looking at his watch it was 18:30 pm. "Why did it take her so long to come back?" He kept thinking to  himself if he had done something wrong in loving her, was it too much or too little, did she even ever love him to? . Then he had a flash back of their last day, together...

 

They were standing on the balcony of Lucas apartment, watching out over the city, it had been snowing for the past three days and you could feel the icy coldness of the snow blowing against your face. To their amazement the night was lit up beautifully with the moon and the stars.

Lucas was happy; he had Claire by his side holding her close to him. He stood and thought to himself: I'm happy, I have everything I could have ever asked for. I could settle down and live by her side, watching over her, protecting her and I take care of her. As the words came to reach preparing to be said, Claire interrupted him.

 

"Lucas, why did you let me work and stay by you the day we first met in the restraint?" Lucas looked at her, she still had that twinkling sparkle in her eye, in that moment he realize it, the day he saw her crying alone and seeing her crystal eyes, that was the day he fell in love with her.- love at first sight- he thought to himself. Lucas ” I didn't want you to wander the streets all alone in the middle of the night with no place to go. And I saw something that night, I realized that I love you?'' Lucas said in an unsure voice, he wasn't sure if he had used the right words but he didn't want to lie to Claire either.

 

Claire ”You loved me?" "But you didn't even know me?" she looked at him seriously and a bit aggravated and astonished.

 

Lucas started to panic, he didn't have any idea what to say and he started to glow red from being overwhelmed by a woman whom he had come to love. As he was trying to speak he started to mumble a bit tripping over his words as he was trying to speak:

"Um... well... yes. kinda...."

"Kinda?

what do you mean kinda??" Claire said looking at him astonished with those big eyes of her, she quickly turned her head to the city view.

 That's when he saw it, Claire was hiding her smile between her all surprised act. At that moment he  started to smile and said with laughter "You little devil" Claire quickly giggled and turned towards him grasping his arm and pulling him closer towards herself and just as he wanted to say I'm sorry she kissed him. He closed his eyes, putting his arms around her. Embracing all that they've become, all that they've been through, embracing his love. He didn't care now he wanted this moment to last... That morning Claire wasn’t in the house. She hadn’t made coffee for them which was a habit of Claire. Later that day Elaina had told him that Claire was back with her ex-boyfriend. He couldn’t believe it “Why? He wondered. Why did she go back to him?’ He tried to call but it kept going on voice mail. And then two days later he had called again but he was astonished to hear that it wasn’t Claire but her ex instead! “Now listen hear!” The man had said in an angry voice. “Claire and I are back together and she wants nothing to do with you!”. So back off! Or you and I are gonna have trouble!’ And before Lucas could say anything he hung up. Locus was furious he couldn’t belief that Claire had gone back to that SOB. After that Locus stopped trying to call her. It was pointless for her ex had taken her back.    

 

As he focused his mind back on to the road, he realized that he was already at his apartment; he parked his car in front of his house and got out. That's when he saw her car, it was an old porch 911 his favorite -he had bought her this car only two months after he had invited her to stay, she went crazy about it ''It's too much Lucas I can't accept this!'' she glared at him only to let tears with sadness cover her face, but he didn't care, this was a gift nothing much he thought looking at the old porch. ''It was on special, the old man basically gave it away, besides you earned it and I want you to have it Claire.''

 

He looked around and saw no trace of her and thought to himself she's probably up there knocking on the door at this very moment. He then looked up towards the building where his apartment was in looking up to see his lights were off. He wondered where she could be "she's probably up there already, knocking on my door at this very moment.

 

 As he entered a small boy around 14 came running towards him "Lucas!!" It was Josh, Josh is the boy that feeds Suzuki - Lucas's cat - "Lucas, Lucas Claire is here!! Well, in your room, I opened the door for her." He said smiling. "Thanks Josh, I'll see you again later." He said smiling. "Sure thing bro, I fed Suzuki for you." he said smiling and then walking out of the building. He went up to his room using the elevator, number 116. He came to the door. It was closed. He slowly opened the door and then he saw her, 

all alone sitting in the corner.



© 2014 Carl Drake Barnard


Author's Note

Carl Drake Barnard
reedited :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice suspense,,,,I sense a twist in this chapter...can't wait to read the next one.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Carl Drake Barnard

10 Years Ago

Hehe thank you :)
Carl Drake Barnard

10 Years Ago

and enjoy :)
Tarella

10 Years Ago

I look forward to.
I get this feeling something very dark is about to happen. I really like it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Carl Drake Barnard

10 Years Ago

Hehe thank you!! :) keep in mind he loves her Hehe :) thank you for your time glad you liked it :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

392 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 14, 2013
Last Updated on August 14, 2014


Author

Carl Drake Barnard
Carl Drake Barnard

South Africa



About
Hi,I am Carl. I'm a Chef and a writer. I am melancholy-Rage writer as the past have said. And I am like this in real life. I write what I know and stay true to feelings as I discover them in life. more..

Writing