Chapter 4 - Next day

Chapter 4 - Next day

A Chapter by Carl Drake Barnard

Chapter 4

 

Next day

 


"Meow!!" Suzuki licks Lucas's face.


 "Urgggg, I'm awake, I'm awake..." Lucas sits up and looks at her. "Did you sleep well?" , "Meow!" Suzuki starts pawing Lucas against his face and licks her lips "I know, I know. I'm sure your Josh will come soon to your rescue!" Lucas starts to laugh, "Time to get up, please excuse me Suzuki."

 

"Purr" Suzuki starts to rub her head against Lucas's chest. "Suzuki...” Lucas said, and scratching her head with his fingertips. Suzuki quickly leaped off the bed and leaned her head staring at Lucas. "Ha-ha" Lucas laughed at her sweet and awkward look.

 

Lucas pushed the sheets off legs, and got out of bed. "Time to go take a shower and then eat!" He smiled at Suzuki. He went to his Hi-fi system and played Kings of Leon "Temple, and went to get his clothes. He got to the shower and pulled his shirt off and turned the tap on cool, then took off his pants and underwear. He got in the shower and shivered, embracing the cool water that struck his bare skin. He turned the hot water on and started washing his arms. All of a sudden Lucas's ear got the next song playing; Kings of Leon-Tonight. 

 

He listened and smiled. He knew this and he knew the feelings for he shared them and without thinking he started singing along. "Tonight, somebody’s lover is goanna pay, for their sins, its coming uphold. Its coming Uphold... I can’t stop, acting this way...."  He closed the water and pulled away the curtain. He picked up his towel and dried him self from his head down to his feet. He picked up his clothes and slipped right into them.

 

He got out and went to the kitchen fridge, "hmm lets see, we have some fish and cheese hmm yes I can make some pasta with cheese and fish and then I'll get some tuna for you" He smiled looking at Suzuki. "Meow" Suzuki looked at him with those big eyes.

 

Then it came to him…   "I left you because I couldn't take it here anymore; I couldn't stand being around you! I never loved you." ,


"What the hell!" and he slammed the fridge door shut.

Suzuki quickly ran of with a Meow and hid behind the curtains. Lucas looked at her and thought to him self "What have I done?! Suzuki, I'm sorry. Please come out." But Suzuki didn't come out. He moved against the wall and lowered him self to the floor. "Why is this so hard? What happened? And dear god what reason do you have for punishing me so? Is it because I loved someone a little more than you?

He sat their looking out of the window, I can't keep doing this. I have to do something.

 

 Suddenly Suzuki came out running towards him and licked his hand. Lucas looked at Suzuki and smiled sympathetic “I’m sorry Zuki, I messed up big time. Looks like it’s just you and me again. Suzuki cuddled against his leg.

Lucas stared at Suzuki. He dwelled his mind through the years the times he had spend with Claire. They were,no they seemed  so happy. "I cant believe it was all a lie..."









© 2014 Carl Drake Barnard


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

well done. Amazing how we get comfort from our pets like that, when they're all that is left...I think you captured the protag's frustration and loneliness quite well.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Carl Drake Barnard

9 Years Ago

Yes!! thank you for the amazing review And I''ll get back to you as soon as possible :)
I enjoyed it! Great start :D

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Carl Drake Barnard

10 Years Ago

Hehehe Thanks Brookly :)
Good write looking forward to read more, king of leons songs touch was good....

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Carl Drake Barnard

10 Years Ago

Thank you man :)
A. Amos

10 Years Ago

You're welcome

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

319 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 11, 2014
Last Updated on August 14, 2014
Tags: Romance, passion, new found love, hate, cats


Author

Carl Drake Barnard
Carl Drake Barnard

South Africa



About
Hi,I am Carl. I'm a Chef and a writer. I am melancholy-Rage writer as the past have said. And I am like this in real life. I write what I know and stay true to feelings as I discover them in life. more..

Writing