Chapter 6 - The restaurant

Chapter 6 - The restaurant

A Chapter by Carl Drake Barnard

 As they were leaving the reception Lucas couldn't help but look at the sky today. I t was crystal clear. Even the air was warmer. He looked at Elaina’s legs quickly, it’s no wonder she’s out and about with a skirt. He smiled and looked up at her. He was shocked to see that she was looking straight at him with a serious seduction look. “Do you enjoy looking at me knees” She asked in serious-flirtatious way. Lucas “Uhh well yes” he laughed and smiled “I was just thinking about how it’s warmer today and that’s why you have a skirt on.” And that gives you a right to look at my gorgeous legs?” she asked now more in a sarcasm way. " Elaina was beautiful and she knew it and she acted just the part. Lucas smiled and looked a way to the traffic on the left as they were crossing the street. There were no cars coming and he looked back at her. He smiled at her and said: “Well I am just a man and a curious one as well. And I am single! So I’m kind of sure that gives me a little right. Besides God didn't create women so gorgeous for nothing!” He laughed, now by the left door of Elaina’s Volvo-This is where the passenger seat is in Africa.

 

Elaina unlocked the car and opened the door. “So he says…” She smiled and entered the car. Lucas smiled backed at her for he knew he had dominated over her little conversation and opened the door and got in. Elaina started the car and the radio went on and they got on their safety pelts. And the radio went on. The song ‘Let her go- By passenger’ was playing now; Lucas loved how the right music always came up when he was listening to music. And then as he was thinking about Elaina started to drive down the street. She then changed the track and it was a dubstep song that was playing. He loved dupstep! And he was now like dancing to it without him caring about Elaina was thinking. “Wow amazing song!” He said now looking at Elaina. To his surprise she was chilled. She was smiling and now looking quickly at him and back at the road. “I had no idea you liked dubstep and that you could dance!” He laughed and said “Well when I first started with my whole chef thing I was falling in love with it and I always danced like crazy. And yes even then I was Crazy! He laughed now looking back out of the window. He suddenly had this overwhelming joy feeling now flowing through him. He leaned his neck against the neck pad and looked at Elaina. She was now looking more serious than before. “Wow you really are one focused driver.” He said politely. She smiled and gave him a quick eye as in the one that said ‘Really you want to go there! Lucas smiled and laughed “Hey I was just asking.” He said smiling and looked at how she was steering. She had beautiful hands and short nails, surprisingly as beauty was one detail Elaina always looked at. He looked back to the road, they were now almost at his restaurant.    

 

She parked the car in front of his restaurant. And switched off the car then she removed her safety pelt. And Lucas did the same. She looked at him now more relaxed. “You ready?” She asked calmly now smiling he smiled back “Yeah sure.” And he opened the door and got out. And just as he closed the door Elaina got out and closed the door and locked. “So you want to sit inside or outside?” He asked politely. “Inside sounds good” she replied smiling he was glad although it was a bit warmer he wanted to see how his restaurant was doing. And then there was Elaina that looked way too beautiful to sit outside getting unwanted attention. “Awesome” he smiled and walked towards his restaurant and opened the door for Elaina “Thank you!” She said in a kind gesture. “My pleasure lovely!” He replied now following her in. “Hey Lucy can we get a table for two?” He was talking to his Cashier. “Sure thing Mr.Cane!” 



© 2014 Carl Drake Barnard


Author's Note

Carl Drake Barnard
I still Am going to continue with this it's just a little preview for you awesome readers let me know what you guys think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
Added on August 26, 2014
Last Updated on August 26, 2014
Tags: Romance, passion, new found love, lake, CDB, The depths of sorrow


Author

Carl Drake Barnard
Carl Drake Barnard

South Africa



About
Hi,I am Carl. I'm a Chef and a writer. I am melancholy-Rage writer as the past have said. And I am like this in real life. I write what I know and stay true to feelings as I discover them in life. more..

Writing