Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Carmella

Ever had a time that you were happy and you felt like nothing could hurt you? I felt like that when I was 7 years old, but then events started happening that was like a push off of a cliff.

 

It was a Saturday. I'd just goten up around 9. I ran downstairs to watch cartoons with dad. When I got to the kitchen I saw mom crying at the table. Mom never cried. I ran to find dad to ask him what was the matter. He was packing a suitcase...

 

"Daddy? What's wrong with mommy?" I asked.

"She's sad because daddy's going away for a while." he said putting more shirts in the bag.

"Where are you going daddy?" I asked.

"Away love." he said taking the bags.

"I love you daddy." I said trying to help him.

"And I love you Addie. And remeber, I'm always gonna be your daddy." then he smiled and left.

 

He didn't come back...

 

He left my mom and I for his student teacher who was 20 at the time; Gala. She part Russain or something or another. Then he moved to Washington and they had twins. He sent cards, and letters but then they stopped coming.

Meanwhile mom met Jason. Some hot shot racer and she got married and we've never stopped moving. One day he said that he was gong to Europe to race there for a bit. Like four and a half years.

I was 15 by then and I snapped. I locked myself in my room for 3 days. Mom was talking to dad and I was to stay with him, Gala and Robert and Roberta. Atleast for a year. So my fate was sealed.

 

Later that week I was ordered to pack my bag and kiss mommy dearest good-bye. Then boarded a plane.

On the plane I thought about dad, I hadn't heard from him since that last birthday card when I was 12. We hadn't spoken he never called. And I really didn't wanna talk to him.

I leaned my head on the window and everyone got on the plane. My eyes closed and I must have fallen asleep. Then I shaken awake.

"Sorry miss, but we've landed. I would have waken you sooner but it looked as though you were having a good dream." the woman smiled.

"Ugh, something like that." I got up and cracked my elbows.

"I've already gotten your carry on, here you are." she smiled and handed me my bag.

I nodded a thank you and got off the plane. And the waiting had no one but a man in the back who was asleep. I walked over to him but he didn't look like my father. He had the same redish brown hair that I had but his face was clean shaven, not like I remebered. I poked him and he jumpped out of his seat and looked at me.

 

"Addie?" he asked.

I forced myself to nod.

"Addie! It's me daddy!" he yelled and threw his arms and hugged me, "Oh dear its been so long. Look at you. Your all grown up." he looked at me, I can't picture what he saw. I was 5'5" and thin as a rail, my hair was a dark red brown hair and dark green almost black eyes.

"Sorry I'm so late, I passed out on the plane." I said looking at this man I really couldn't call father.

"Well then lets get you home. Gala and the kids have been dieing to see you." he put and arm around my shoulder like he'd never left. But I had shuddered when he said 'home', I had no home.

 

We went to get my bags and get into the car and it was Robert this and Roberta that. Ho Ho Ho Gala will be lucky to have help from you dear, ho ho ho! Ugh it made me sick. And he wouldn't shut up. I'd turned on my Ipod at that point and nodded like I was listening. It felt like it was hours before we reached the stupid diny inn he and Gala ran.

It was dark and one or two lights were on casting three shadows in the door.

 

I wanted to turn back, but it was too late for that.



© 2009 Carmella


Author's Note

Carmella
ignore grammar and spelling

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Quite decent and nice. You did a good job so far in this chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 3, 2009


Author

Carmella
Carmella

Forks, WA



About
I'm Carmella Rose Cullen and I enjoy writing. I like anime and vampires. If theres anything you like about my work please let me know. And if its not good please tell me. If it sucks...... KEEP IT TO .. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Carmella