DaDaLust

DaDaLust

A Poem by Carol Maric
"

PROTEAN NotUnTitled: The Philosophical Cantos / Canto I / WaitHereEyeSolAtes Cantos (III) . . . Nota Bene: This book is my Inferno. [not about or inspired by the Dadaist movement]

"


© 2007 Carol Maric - Being: The Obsession, Continued . . . A Raging Epidemic !

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - Do not reproduce without the author's permission--Links OK.

© 2009 Carol Maric


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is more than art. This is pure fun. This is what covering your jean backed notebook is all about, it's like the inventor of the peace sign using the semaphore letters N and D for nuclear disarmament then inverting it and drawing a circle around it. Pure fun and it makes people scratch their heads because they are wondering what fun is. lol

Posted 16 Years Ago


16 of 16 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I don't get hwo it's not inspired by the Dadists or Dadism.

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 11 people found this review constructive.

Whoa, I wanted to do something like that for a blog once, the whole Scrabble deal. Very nicely done.

-Mike.

Posted 16 Years Ago


10 of 11 people found this review constructive.

wild. and reassuring. and never enough.

Posted 16 Years Ago


11 of 11 people found this review constructive.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I LOVE IT SOOOOO MUCH.
YOUR IMIGARY, YOUR LITERALLY MAKING WORDS INTO A COOL ART FORM! THE TOPIC IS OUTSTANDING I LOVE THIS PEICE OH MY GAWD ITS SO GOOD!!!!
~Seb

PLEASE KEEP WRITING.
OMG
SOO GOOD!

Posted 16 Years Ago


12 of 13 people found this review constructive.

Carol,
I love how you play with the language. Not enough people take the time or put forth the effort to create such things. Keep it up.
ER

Posted 16 Years Ago


13 of 13 people found this review constructive.

Funny, Bizarre, Surprising, disquieting, distorting the mind, disturbing the senses, perturbing the alphabet, twisting the morphology, twirling the syntax, multiplying the strata of the language to the point it becomes its own autonomous being managed and mastered by a blind mind that projects its/his/her unregulated vision into an unidentified matter, stuff, stuffing, the stuffing of life when it is recognized as a dead turkey perched on a serving dish for Thanksgiving, stuffed with the chestnuts of wit and madness, the nuts of vanity and psychosis, the wallnuts of pride and shizophrenia, all of these nutty/naughty/knotty dowdy ingredients building the strong and unmissable taste of the past pilgrims arriving on their derelict Mayflower and building a New Jerusalem that looked and sounded like the worst nightmare of humanity that was supposed to deliver after more than a century of pregnancy the independence of the mind and the compulsory freedom to believe in God imposed like a rule, a yardstick, a benchmark that is part of man's nature, which is natural since Man was created by God, which means society is nothing but a design and plan of God himself. God is all, God is everywhere, God is pervading our frightened minds balanced into some kind of equilibrium by shifting the fear of nature into the fear of God. The witches of Eastwick and of Salem have invaded this poetry breeding their sons, and probably daughters too, from the seed of madness spat by the Devil into their wombs.

All that to say I enjoyed reading it. But it looks slightly esoteric and might not be entirely apprehended and understood by simple readers, and even somewhat learned readers.

Fare thee well on the road of the fantastical plowing of syntactic morphology. That "Dada" is a horse you may ride for a long time before even seeing the beginning of a relfection of an outline of a destination miraging on the horizon of an endlessly flattened earth. You may meet with more vultures in that deserted death's valley than human beings able to see, hear, feel, taste, smell and capture the meaning of your extra-sensorial and extra-syntactic language.

Dr Jacques COULARDEAU

Posted 16 Years Ago


14 of 14 people found this review constructive.

When I first read this, I was thinking about how much I disliked it, how stupid it was, etc., etc.. Then I did a little bit of research on Dadaism, read it through a few more times, and realized that the reason I disliked it initially was because it didn't make sense to me--but that's why I love it--the creativity needed to make something like this is exhausting. I wouldn't even bother trying to 'figure this out' because to do that you'd have to tear it apart at its non-existing seams. How could you put a single number of significances to this anyways? It's there and it's there and it's there. That's my take. Wonderful, thanks for writing this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


14 of 15 people found this review constructive.

u think therefore u are absolutley f****n insane!! i love. brilliant stuff. its gonna take me forever to truly decipher but f**k it. i cant get enuff of it brava, my dear, brava

Posted 16 Years Ago


13 of 15 people found this review constructive.

I love this.
I've read it a few times.
Now, I'm going to print it out and staple it to my chest
lie on the floor and blast rasputina til my arteries collapse.
I have a posse. If you cease writing we're coming after you.


Posted 16 Years Ago


13 of 14 people found this review constructive.

Hip.

Posted 16 Years Ago


9 of 15 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4418 Views
191 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 2, 2008
Last Updated on December 12, 2009

Author

Carol Maric
Carol Maric

And then went down to the ship, Set keel to breakers, forth on the godly sea, and . . . Ezra Pound (TCOEP).



About
" My life goal? Literary Immortality--without compromise. " " I would rather be skydiving while writing a book. " philosopher & polymath Author of the unpublished masterpiece PROTEAN NotUnTit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..