DaDaLust

DaDaLust

A Poem by Carol Maric
"

PROTEAN NotUnTitled: The Philosophical Cantos / Canto I / WaitHereEyeSolAtes Cantos (III) . . . Nota Bene: This book is my Inferno. [not about or inspired by the Dadaist movement]

"


© 2007 Carol Maric - Being: The Obsession, Continued . . . A Raging Epidemic !

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - Do not reproduce without the author's permission--Links OK.

© 2009 Carol Maric


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is more than art. This is pure fun. This is what covering your jean backed notebook is all about, it's like the inventor of the peace sign using the semaphore letters N and D for nuclear disarmament then inverting it and drawing a circle around it. Pure fun and it makes people scratch their heads because they are wondering what fun is. lol

Posted 16 Years Ago


16 of 16 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
V
Carol,
What a great play with words. Only someone who knows the language really well could do this, however, by letting go of all rules and restrictions, this is a marvellous read. I adore the double meaning you have incorporated. Those that try to decode it might get lost. It is like reading philosophy, if you weren't there yet... it will surely break your brain.

Derranged Enlightenment

Thanks.
V.

Posted 16 Years Ago


13 of 15 people found this review constructive.

I love the way the words clumsily fit into their place perfectly. Reading it aloud makes for a Kerouac. seeing it looks like it's coded by ancient egyptians, it's masterful. my favorite line is "DisApPoinDead AbDuctAted MeUseUInHail "

Posted 16 Years Ago


12 of 15 people found this review constructive.

Reminds me so much of Mollie Blooms soliloquey (?) at the end of Ulysses or Finnegans Wake, aloved alost along the riverun past eve and adams. Multi layered and indeed dadaesque.
For some reason I keep remembering the old Monty Python Song. 'There's nothing Nietsche couldn't teach ya bout the raising of the wrist, Socrates himself was perminantly pissed, Rene Decartes was a drunken fart, I drink therefore I am...' Probably more me that than you.Being silly serious and funny deadly at the same time. Revoooloootshun.
This spits out concepts like a machine gun. Regards Ken.

Posted 16 Years Ago


15 of 16 people found this review constructive.

This is more than art. This is pure fun. This is what covering your jean backed notebook is all about, it's like the inventor of the peace sign using the semaphore letters N and D for nuclear disarmament then inverting it and drawing a circle around it. Pure fun and it makes people scratch their heads because they are wondering what fun is. lol

Posted 16 Years Ago


16 of 16 people found this review constructive.

What an amazing piece of art. I hate to call this poetry because I feel like that word doesn't fully envelop what you've managed to do here. From what I gather, and I am not that smart, this is a melding of visual and textual images meant to create an abstract image...an image seperate from what the words actually say. From the text I get lots of Nietzsche, yet the title reminds me of Freud. Obviously there are dealing with existentialism here and, like the great philosopher, there are aphorisms beginning with, of course, the first two amazing lines.

I loved this poem. It reminded me of college.

Posted 16 Years Ago


18 of 18 people found this review constructive.

As I read this my thoughts slowly changed from "what is she high on?" to "she is a freaking genius."
i have to come back to this in small doses, it's too much to take in at once.
I absolutely love it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


17 of 18 people found this review constructive.

Such a wonderfull first line. Where do I get a first line like that?

Posted 16 Years Ago


16 of 19 people found this review constructive.

LSD is a hell of a drug...

Posted 16 Years Ago


11 of 18 people found this review constructive.

Took forever to read this, hehe. I am totally confused by it though, guess I am too simple to understand. For the most part and what little bit I could try to understand, I liked it. Though, I still admit I am confused by most of it. Good job all the same.

Posted 16 Years Ago


16 of 19 people found this review constructive.

The presentation, the delivery, just ROCKED. Great job. ~Ev

Posted 16 Years Ago


15 of 19 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4371 Views
191 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 2, 2008
Last Updated on December 12, 2009

Author

Carol Maric
Carol Maric

And then went down to the ship, Set keel to breakers, forth on the godly sea, and . . . Ezra Pound (TCOEP).



About
" My life goal? Literary Immortality--without compromise. " " I would rather be skydiving while writing a book. " philosopher & polymath Author of the unpublished masterpiece PROTEAN NotUnTit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..