Scriptio Continua

Scriptio Continua

A Poem by Carol Maric

© 2008 Carol Maric


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i may be oversimplifying myself in seeing this poem as splaying the fallacies of the scientific attack in thier over simplification.

Scriptia Continua qua title
reminds me of Kierkegaard's
'Concluding Unscientific Postscript'

if i understand this poem more it may make me laugh like i did when i read that essay

Posted 17 Years Ago


14 of 14 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is dense to the point of inscrutability. And reading your previous work gives no ready clues as to they way this poem is supposed to go. I wonder at where you were going here. Scriptio continua, "daily writer" is all the title says, and even that seems a bit of a dead end in interpreting this work. It seems there's some kind of rebelling against rationality in this poem, lines like "Excercised Addressed" and "Simplifying Assumption" suggest a resistance against someone trying to actually interpret this one. Sort of like the author smiling and giving the reader the bird behind their back :)

I love it, I wish I had more time to try to figure it out. This poem is maybe more impressions and feelings randomly combined (or maybe not so random, but the pattern eludes me) rather than a narrative.

Posted 17 Years Ago


12 of 12 people found this review constructive.

It seems to me that this poem was written in a code, and i don't have the key to be able to decode it. Yet, i am left with the impression that it contains essential ideas, feelings and information to things in your heart and mind. The form is fascinating and you leave me wanting to know more about you.

Posted 17 Years Ago


12 of 12 people found this review constructive.

A very interesting poem! I havn't read much concrete poetry but I guess I haven't acquired a taste for it but I did enjoy this piece! Once again great job and really look forward to reading more soon!

Posted 17 Years Ago


12 of 12 people found this review constructive.

I love concrete poetry! Great job (as usual)!

Posted 17 Years Ago


11 of 12 people found this review constructive.

Good Job on this poem. Love the tone and they style that you use on it. I look forward on reading some more of your wrok. Again, great job!

Posted 17 Years Ago


11 of 12 people found this review constructive.

Interesting, I will admit, I haven't seen this form in MANY years, and while I don't "get" all of it, I find it a beautiful work with plenty of appeal both for those who get it, and those who don't. The visual appeal itself makes it art on paper.

Posted 17 Years Ago


12 of 12 people found this review constructive.

Depths of emotion, particulars (the care taken with the piece) and images leave me gently smiling intently. Wonderful example of writing.

Posted 17 Years Ago


11 of 12 people found this review constructive.

I like a writer that requires me to bring my brain to the page. And you do just that.

Posted 17 Years Ago


11 of 12 people found this review constructive.

I have never had the talent nor the understanding to use the writing style you use. It however, is very unique and takes quite a bit of reading to understand.
That said, the flow is very nice and combined with the beautiful flow makes for a very nice piece of writing (at least in my opinion).
It is definately a refreshing change from the similar styles of most poets.
Thank you.

Posted 17 Years Ago


14 of 14 people found this review constructive.

Well, as I find myself feeling a bit presumptious to review another persons poem, I'll keep it short. This style of writing, though I've never quite grasped it, or how one is supposed to read it, is interesting to me. It catches the eye to say the least. I can see, however, that you have put quite a bit of yourself into this poem, and for that I applaud you. One need not write for the sake of others to understand, one need only to write to satiate the need to write. Sorry, couldn't help but throw out that Randism. So there you have it. I'm sure Derrida would approve of it, Hume might argue however, that you've bent your fork!

Posted 17 Years Ago


14 of 14 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2027 Views
41 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2008
Last Updated on April 24, 2008

Author

Carol Maric
Carol Maric

And then went down to the ship, Set keel to breakers, forth on the godly sea, and . . . Ezra Pound (TCOEP).



About
" My life goal? Literary Immortality--without compromise. " " I would rather be skydiving while writing a book. " philosopher & polymath Author of the unpublished masterpiece PROTEAN NotUnTit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..